General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Hagi would be top of my list to bin if we got any money for. Just can’t see how he would fit in. We have so many of his type cantwell, Lawrence, Tillman, Lowry, (Arfield maybe off the bench).

Cant see him getting much game time at all. Tidy player but not fast enough. 

37 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

:ang: That Warburton approach is my nightmare.  Shite from the English lower leagues at inflated prices.  Hate it.

He continually referred to Andre Gray or some cunt he’d signed & was sold on for big money.  
Done my fkn heid in. 

6 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Surely Matondo deserves another season to see if he can make an impact especially if wright and Kent are away in the summer 

I doubt we'll recover what we put into signing him if he were to go this summer, so I expect he'll stay.

Being honest, for me he starts afresh. He's done little, played little, but despite far fewer minutes has half the assists Kent has. 

Matondo and Sakala imo would both return more than Kent if either got a consistent run. (Not to say either are the level we need).

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Hagi would be top of my list to bin if we got any money for. Just can’t see how he would fit in. We have so many of his type cantwell, Lawrence, Tillman, Lowry, (Arfield maybe off the bench).

Cant see him getting much game time at all. Tidy player but not fast enough. 

I think if we can sell Hagi for £2-3million and get Tilman in for £4-5million, it makes sense. 

But if we can’t sell Hagi for a good fee and/or Tilman doesn’t want to join permanently, then I wouldn’t sell him.

He could easily play in the Tilman role and whilst there’s flaws to his game, he gets goals and assists domestically which we need. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Raskin was doing nothing at his former club. More than  able to meet him before signing during a transfer window. Don't think clubs abroad would be releasing players under contract to meet another clubs manager. Raskin was also already a target before Beale came in.

He was dropped at his former club because he wouldnt sign a new deal, they obviously rated him.

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Sounds positive that we're doing the leg work now and get signings in early . 

I think we've struggled more when we've left it a bit late .

👍 Bang on mate. We need to be up to speed with new players blended in, especially with trying to qualify for Europe. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

I think if we can sell Hagi for £2-3million and get Tilman in for £4-5million, it makes sense. 

But if we can’t sell Hagi for a good fee and/or Tilman doesn’t want to join permanently, then I wouldn’t sell him.

He could easily play in the Tilman role and whilst there’s flaws to his game, he gets goals and assists domestically which we need. 

2-3 million is nonsense he's worth more than that ffs 

Just now, plymouthranger said:

I'd be annoyed if we sold Hagi without him ever getting a proper run as a 10.

Gerrard didn't really play a 10, Gio played Aribo in the 10 and now Tillman/Hagi being injured.

His main weakness is speed, but you don't necessarily need that as a 10 compared to when he's played wide and his other attributes could definitely work there. 

I'd agree though, if we keep Tillman I'd be ok to see him leave for a few million, but if we don't I'd want to keep him.

Just now, Helmutschone said:

Coming back from an ACL injury and not played a run of games in 15 months?

Aye good luck getting anyone to pay more (barring Galatasaray and purely because of the ties to his dad). 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t believe there’s shouts to keep Arfield. 

I don’t mind it, as he’s one of the only players we have who makes an impact of the bench. But he can’t start games under any circumstances unless it’s lower league in the cups. 

If he’s happy with that role and accepts lowering his wage for a part-time role (which I doubt he’ll want), then why not keep him.

All our other attacking players (Sakala and maybe Matondo aside), struggle to make any impact off the bench. 

7 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Yeh it would have been good to see him get more minutes after his injury, never know how players will be and if they will fully get back to their best.

If Tillman stays I think you sell him for 1-2 tbh.

With Lawrence back fit, and Lowry presumably going to get more minutes. You’ve effectively got 4 players for 1 role. Assuming Beale will want to play 2 natural CM and wide players. 

Hagi was on 20k a week before his new deal. So even if he didn’t get a pay rise that’s still a million a year in wages that could be used better elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Helmutschone said:

To who? Who is going to pay 4 million plus for a player who can’t break into our first team (which isn’t great at the moment). Fresh off the back of an acl injury?

If we got away with getting anywhere near the fee we pay for Tillman from Hagi. I’d be shocked (pleasantly)

31 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I like Hagi but he’s in the category with Kamara as very replaceable. Tidy players who don’t make a huge impact 

Plus we have no idea how he will come back from that long injury he suffered.
If a decent offer comes in, we need to sell no question about that.

25 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Surely Matondo deserves another season to see if he can make an impact especially if wright and Kent are away in the summer 

Based on what? One pass? I guarantee you the narrative on Matondo will change again if he plays at Pittodrie. 

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t believe there’s shouts to keep Arfield. 

Think there’s value to him but that should be lessened with Lawrence coming back and now we have Cantwell and Tillman. Most of his value comes from the fact he gets in the box and beyond the striker 

36 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Sakala absolutely has a role to play next season, even if it’s mainly as an option from the bench.

Sakala has been the one bright spark against them his pace terrifies them.

I agree with others, if clubs are asking about Hagi, then sell. He is a good player and will be an asset to someone. That goal against Germany will be in the minds of potential buyers.

Unfortunately for him, Tillman, Cantwell & Lawrence are all ahead of him.

Positive about Arfield is against tired legs and minds with 15 to go. He is still very good with his late runs that nobody else in our team seems capable of. 

Any injuries and you would be pretty fucked having to start him. He’s absolute garbage starting games. 

If you replace him by taking a punt on a younger player that the scouting department like. Then there is at least the potential to uncover a quality player that can improve you.

I’d really hope though that Lowry would be ahead of Arfield in the sub pecking order next year

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Based on what? One pass? I guarantee you the narrative on Matondo will change again if he plays at Pittodrie. 

I'm basing it on the fact we will be short of wide players if there's to be a clear out and also I hate it when we bring in players who've cost money and we simply pay them off or accept buttons for them after hardly getting a chance.