Jack Butland

Broxi

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I don't see a day when we would ever be paying upto £5m for a goalkeeper.

Whether we like it or not, our market is rarely going to be players that are regular first-team starters and playing really well, unless from much smaller leagues where there's then a higher risk of them not being able to take the step up or their contract is coming to an end. There's often going to be a caveat of them being in and out the team or going through a bad patch of form.

I don’t agree with that at all tbh. 

We can only find guys who have lost their way or who are in and out of sides because we carry out such a large percentage of our shopping in England, which is an expensive market.

The filth are managing to find affordable players who have decent levels of experience all over the place because they don’t limit their markets anywhere near as much as we do.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We can only find guys who have lost their way or who are in and out of sides because we carry out such a large percentage of our shopping in England, which is an expensive market.

The filth are managing to find affordable players who have decent levels of experience all over the place because they don’t limit their markets anywhere near as much as we do.

Hate constantly referring to them, as they’re far from perfect, but totally agree.

Don’t buy that we can’t possibly sign players playing well and getting first team football. 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Thing is we spent about 8 million on it in the Summer and it's no better off. We have too many areas that require those kind of sums so one will have to sacrifice the other.

£3 m on Matondo was just throwing money away. Davies has yet to convince me he’s worth what we paid but hopefully now Wilson is gone we can get value for money.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I've seen pretty much every game he's played. IIRC he was the only keeper to make the NXGN50 list of best young players on the planet.

Speaking of high potential young keepers, what the fuck happened to Simone scuffet? Looked class for udinese about 5 year ago, just seen he signed for Cluj 😂

23 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yep. Even if the board don’t get the concept surely the results are enough to show them that we need to broaden our search. Our list of signings from England haven’t been good enough (outwith where we have taken advantage of loophole/contract situations for young promising players like Aribo and Bassey).

It’s so obvious to most fans (except the Dude).

so frustrating to watch us potentially keep repeating the same mistakes

If Motherwell and hearts can shop in these markets I don’t see why we can’t 

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

Speaking of high potential young keepers, what the fuck happened to Simone scuffet? Looked class for udinese about 5 year ago, just seen he signed for Cluj 😂

Couple of bad loans and managers preferring experience at Udinese seem to have killed his progress.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Yep. Even if the board don’t get the concept surely the results are enough to show them that we need to broaden our search. Our list of signings from England haven’t been good enough (outwith where we have taken advantage of loophole/contract situations for young promising players like Aribo and Bassey).

It’s so obvious to most fans (except the Dude).

so frustrating to watch us potentially keep repeating the same mistakes

If Motherwell and hearts can shop in these markets I don’t see why we can’t 

Tag me next time, cunt.

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hate constantly referring to them, as they’re far from perfect, but totally agree.

Don’t buy that we can’t possibly sign players playing well and getting first team football. 

The odd project youth player or lost soul is one thing. Only looking at players who are broken or a project as we seem to want to do is entirely another.

There must be cheap, quality, established pros of a good age that we can pick up who would improve us. Be it from Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Asia or even down under. There simply must be.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Still blows my mind that we weren’t and haven’t been linked with Dylan Vente.

We are working on a limited budget and are desperate for another couple of goal-scorers and he’s sitting with 49 goals and 16 assists in 94 games for a team who are a middling Dutch second tier side.

Unless you can watch the league with a Sky Sports subscription our recruitment team don’t want to know. 

Nobody can dispute that we need a new goalkeeper. Don't know anything about Butland but I would be wary of spending a large sum on him. It was only a few years ago that scum spent 5M on a Greek goalkeeper who was totally useless.

We have to be sensible with our spending.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I never said we wouldn't be able to sign players playing regularly; I said that we can only do that if they're from smaller leagues.

You won't get players playing week in, week out and performing well from the likes of Belgium, Netherlands, The Championship, Sweden etc as they'll be far too expensive. If you want that you'll need to drop down to the likes of Israel, Australia, Asia etc and take the higher risk that they won't take the step up, which isn't a risk you can take with a goalkeeper. See Barkas.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Nobody can dispute that we need a new goalkeeper. Don't know anything about Butland but I would be wary of spending a large sum on him. It was only a few years ago that scum spent 5M on a Greek goalkeeper who was totally useless.

We have to be sensible with our spending.

Pretty sure he’ll be out of contract so at least that’s not a transfer fee

3 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Same old shite with us and reason why I was against Cantwell signing, majority of our signings are on a downwards trajectory.

Shambles we can’t go and scout someone who’s on the way up. Struggle to give them credit for Raskin as we played against him. 

Fair point. Especially when mentality is the biggest criticism of the current squad. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No, i’m saying that everything Kirk is basing it being a good signing and an upgrade is based on stuff from years ago.

I don't think we can really expect to sign a current international goalkeeper with the level of experience he has (or better) for nothing and at 30k a week though tbh. He may not have done much of late and his career may have stalled a bit, but he's a much safer option than a risk of a youth keeper or a punt on a foreign option. Can go either way really. Look at that Greek cunt they signed, he wasn't too bad at his previous club but looked Simonsen level for them.

7 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I don't think we can really expect to sign a current international goalkeeper with the level of experience he has (or better) for nothing and at 30k a week though tbh. He may not have done much of late and his career may have stalled a bit, but he's a much safer option than a risk of a youth keeper or a punt on a foreign option. Can go either way really. Look at that Greek cunt they signed, he wasn't too bad at his previous club but looked Simonsen level for them.

Mat Ryan moved from Copenhagen to Alkmaar for £400,000 in January. 

Australia captain with loads of caps, hundreds of appearances across the top flight of England, Belgium & Spain and still only 31 but was playing for Copenhagen.

I’m not entirely against Butland at all but there are definitely players out there if you broaden your horizons and do your homework and scouting, which is something we seem to be reluctant to do.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Mat Ryan moved from Copenhagen to Alkmaar for £400,000 in January. 

Australia captain with loads of caps, hundreds of appearances across the top flight of England, Belgium & Spain and still only 31 but was playing for Copenhagen.

I’m not entirely against Butland at all but there are definitely players out there if you broaden your horizons and do your homework and scouting, which is something we seem to be reluctant to do.

TBF I've just read that Timo horn is out of contract at koln, was absolutely class for them a few years ago, still only 29 and went through all the age groups for Germany.

Fuck knows why Ryan went so cheap tbh

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

TBF I've just read that Timo horn is out of contract at koln, was absolutely class for them a few years ago, still only 29 and went through all the age groups for Germany.

Fuck knows why Ryan went so cheap tbh

Lost his way a bit, which seems to be our tagline for signings this Summer :lol:

Didn’t work in Spain and didn’t seem to work in Denmark either. 

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Let's not forget those cunts paid £5M for Barkas...