Jack Butland

Broxi

51 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How many have watched this lad play, and how many games?

Answers on a postage stamp...

It’s not hard to look up fans forums or Twitter these days and gauge what the general opinion of a player is and make an informed decision about whether a player initially seems like a good signing or not.

Any player can be rejuvenated by a move, or a manager who installs confidence in them, that might be the case with Butland but you cannot blame a lot of people for not feeling overly optimistic about a guy who’s barely played for three years and ended up hated by the supporters of the last club he was a regular at because of the number of blunders he made.

45 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How many have watched this lad play, and how many games?

Answers on a postage stamp...

He's been playing Championship/EPL football for the past decade so quite a lot will have seen him play a decent amount of times.

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s not hard to look up fans forums or Twitter these days and gauge what the general opinion of a player is and make an informed decision about whether a player initially seems like a good signing or not.

Any player can be rejuvenated by a move, or a manager who installs confidence in them, that might be the case with Butland but you cannot blame a lot of people for not feeling overly optimistic about a guy who’s barely played for three years and ended up hated by the supporters of the last club he was a regular at because of the number of blunders he made.

Ffs joe hart was about to retire after torino wouldn’t take a chance on him, the fenians weee his last chance saloon, i don’t think at any time he was better than shagger in his career but he came here and rejuvenated himself without being spectacular 

10 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

So now we're going with other fans opinions rather than what we've seen of. Play ourselves. Kinda my point.

5 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

He’s played over 250 games in England, so quite a lot would have seen him play.

I'm sure they'll say that then. How many games have you seen him play?

10 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He's been playing Championship/EPL football for the past decade so quite a lot will have seen him play a decent amount of times.

Then that's great to have personal opinions from watching the player rather than writing somone off or being all for them off the back of a dvd compilation 👍.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Then that's great to have personal opinions from watching the player rather than writing somone off or being all for them off the back of a dvd compilation 👍.

Never seen a played compilation on DVD before

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So now we're going with other fans opinions rather than what we've seen of. Play ourselves. Kinda my point.

Why shouldn’t they? Those fans are more well informed than me or you will be right now.

If Nottingham Forrest were linked with Kent tomorrow do you not think their fans could go on here or FF and find what would be a pretty accurate overall opinion on him? 

Remember the Sheffield Utd fans telling us about Lundstram, or the Feyernood fans warning us about Gio’s flaws?

10 hours ago, Broxi said:

Also it's boring and kind of renders this forum obsolete if you can't give opinions on whatever level of information is out there. 

There's a difference between "he looks shite/good" to "I know he is/will be shite/good". 

The forums all about voicing opinions mate, long may it continue.

Imo the more boring thing is constant negativity, especially when it's nothing more than speculation about players and folk haven't even seen a player theyre negative about with their own eyes. Negativity thrives in here.  Not saying either it needs to all be positive, just acknowledging how I see it.

Then there's the negativity about not spendingi millions we likely don't have, only shopping in championship which recently isn't the case, etc. 

It is what it is 😄

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Why shouldn’t they? Those fans are more well informed than me or you will be right now.

If Nottingham Forrest were linked with Kent tomorrow do you not think their fans could go on here or FF and find what would be a pretty accurate overall opinion on him? 

Remember the Sheffield Utd fans telling us about Lundstram, or the Feyernood fans warning us about Gio’s flaws?

What did the forums say about Raskin or Cantwell?

Are their fans the same as ours for expectations? If they give a consensus on any given player then its arguably nothing like RM where every player we have is slated and has been for years.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The forums all about voicing opinions mate, long may it continue.

Imo the more boring thing is constant negativity, especially when it's nothing more than speculation about players and folk haven't even seen a player theyre negative about with their own eyes. Negativity thrives in here.  Not saying either it needs to all be positive, just acknowledging how I see it.

Then there's the negativity about not spendingi millions we likely don't have, only shopping in championship which recently isn't the case, etc. 

It is what it is 😄

That’s just the Internet though. Doesn’t matter what sport or interests you have, the chances are the online fandom is going have super toxic and negative elements.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What did the forums say about Raskin or Cantwell?

Are their fans the same as ours for expectations? If they give a consensus on any given player then its arguably nothing like RM where every player we have is slated and has been for years.

Justifiably.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s just the Internet though. Doesn’t matter what sport or interests you have, the chances are the online fandom is going have super toxic and negative elements.

And thats all I'm acknowledging on here 😁

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I didn't see Hitler in person but I know I wouldn't want him playing for us. I've never seen Pele or Maradona play but I know they were pretty decent.

You can get a very good understanding of most players without having to see them live.

24 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I didn't see Hitler in person but I know I wouldn't want him playing for us. I've never seen Pele or Maradona play but I know they were pretty decent.

You can get a very good understanding of most players without having to see them live.

Fucking hell 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

24 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Weird statement, very weird.

18 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Yeh. Or at least you can get a pretty decent idea by reading the forums of the clubs. Fans that have watched these guys week in week out. That’s why I didn’t mind Willock. Obv their poty but they also rate him highly when he can be fit/arsed.

Guys like Bacuna were just such strange signings. Lundstrum as well. All their fans said the same thing. Couldn’t play forward quickly etc