Kieran Wright

kelvd1873

• kelvd1873 changed the title to Kieran Wright
7 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Strange.

If we're to assume McCrorie is now 1st or 2nd choice then Wright will likely take over as 3rd choice , I doubt we're going to bring in 2 new goalies.Ā 

Also meets homegrown criteria for EuropeĀ 

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Hard to feel strongly about this one either way.

Every club has three keepers and baring a crisis, the third one never plays. Heā€™s never going to be a realistic option to play games for us.

People obsessed with the homegrown quota will be delighted at this news I bet :lol:

Ā 

@mitre_mouldmasterand co popping the champagne as we speak.

15 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Every club has three keepers and baring a crisis, the third one never plays. Heā€™s never going to be a realistic option to play games for us.

People obsessed with the homegrown quota will be delighted at this news I bet :lol:

Ā 

Tbh, Iā€™d be surprised if he was even as high as third choice next season.

30 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

If we're to assume McCrorie is now 1st or 2nd choice then Wright will likely take over as 3rd choice , I doubt we're going to bring in 2 new goalies.Ā 

Also meets homegrown criteria for EuropeĀ 

He met it last season too and wasnā€™t even registered iirc

39 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ā 

Andy firth loyalĀ 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If we bring in a new keeper, and have McCrorie and wright as the 2nd and 3rd keeper, frees up a foreign space outfield, and like sambas said 3rd choice rarely ever plays anyway

Genuinely, I don't think this lad is ever even going to be third choice.Ā 

Not exactly bursting down the door or regarded as future number one here, Baudinakaus was rated higher, and he's slightly fell off recently.

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If we bring in a new keeper, and have McCrorie and wright as the 2nd and 3rd keeper, frees up a foreign space outfield, and like sambas said 3rd choice rarely ever plays anyway

Tbh. Iā€™d be surprised if heā€™s even third choice for us next season.Ā 

Was he the boy who played in the recent cup final versus them as I thought he did not look that great at all.

Hard to judge as I haven't seen a lot of him at all and that may have just been a bad day.

Heā€™s 3rd choice when McLaughlin leaves (who doesnā€™t count towards homegrown quota).Ā 
Ā 

Clearly weā€™re going to struggle to bring in Scottish players for the European contingent, so we need to make sure these throwaway positions like 3rd keeper count towards it. EPL clubs do it (itā€™s why McLaughlin will get an EPL move weirdly, as heā€™ll count as raised in England)Ā 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Thereā€™s no chance McLaughlin gets an EPL move :lol:

Ā 

He probably will, they need homegrown quotas for even their league squads.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s why the likes of Carson are still at City, theyā€™d never want to play him but 3rd choice keepers are never going to be used. They like experienced players with experience who wonā€™t command big wages or upset anyone, McLaughlin fits into that and he counts as homegrown English. Donā€™t be surprised if he ends up at the likes of a Palace as a 3rd choice

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It's as if people don't know the EPL rules and why all the big clubs have old, terrible 3rd choice keepers they never expect to play, just because they're English.Ā 

McLaughlin could get a 3rd choice EPL move if he wanted.Ā 

Relatively, the ā€˜terribleā€™ English third choices are all levels above McLaughlin.

Carson, Butland, Heaton, and even Forster are all far superior keepers to McLaughlin.Ā 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Was he the boy who played in the recent cup final versus them as I thought he did not look that great at all.

Hard to judge as I haven't seen a lot of him at all and that may have just been a bad day.

Nah that was 2 different GKs for both finals v them recently.Ā 

Very suprised we are keeping him. The boy is about 24 and hasnt played for the 1st team. Sounds like another case of being quite happy to pick up the Rangers pound rather than getting games and making a career of it elsewhereĀ 

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

Nah that was 2 different GKs for both finals v them recently.Ā 

Very suprised we are keeping him. The boy is about 24 and hasnt played for the 1st team. Sounds like another case of being quite happy to pick up the Rangers pound rather than getting games and making a career of it elsewhereĀ 

He turned 23 last month