Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

First time since I can remember ie Goram we've had a complete goalkeeper. By that I mean someone who's a shot stopper, commands his box, good at distribution, spot on attitude etc... 

Super Jack Butland. 

Goram wasn't great with his feet. Keepers in his era rarely were given the pass back rule was only implemented in 92.

Just hoping Man U don’t have a buy back clause, he’d be doing better than their current first choice…

he’s been immense, technically good but also shows that leadership at the back we need.  Not sure it’s easy to find that tbh 

1 minute ago, Blue72 said:

Just hoping Man U don’t have a buy back clause, he’d be doing better than their current first choice…

he’s been immense, technically good but also shows that leadership at the back we need.  Not sure it’s easy to find that tbh 

He was on loan at Man Utd

Just now, Blue72 said:

It’s impossible for them to have a buy back clause 

3 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Must be international break.....

55 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I wasn’t convinced when we were linked with him or when we signed him, wasn’t sure he would provide value for money, but he’s been excellent for us. Happy to have been proven wrong.

Same boat.

I wanted someone like Matheus at Braga (as in similar sort of level and profile, didn’t think Matheus was realistic) - and Butland actually seems at least as good.

The difference he’s making at key moments in games is huge.

As a former goalkeeper (admittedly at a very low level), I can’t begin to explain how good he is. 

His positioning is ridiculous, not just for shot stopping but for crosses, intercepting through balls etc. Whilst he’s a big lad, he times everything in the air to perfection (which is far more difficult than it looks). Then you throw in his shot stopping with both hands, reaction saves etc. 

Most goalies are good at 1 or at best 2 of the above and then get by on the rest. The best can do the lot and whilst Jacks not in that world class bracket, we couldn’t have got a more rounded GK for 3-4x our budget for him. 

If you could combine those elite level saves McGregor/Goram was capable of with Butlands base on the rest, you’re genuinely looking at one of the best British keepers ever.