Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

4 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

There were a huge number of people who weren't fans of the Butland signing, with many stating how we would be a terrible signing.

Anyone saying otherwise is trying to let his good form rewrite history. 

Most of the concerns I noticed were due to his lack of game time rather than his lack of ability. 

21 hours ago, esquire8 said:

First time since I can remember ie Goram we've had a complete goalkeeper. By that I mean someone who's a shot stopper, commands his box, good at distribution, spot on attitude etc... 

Super Jack Butland. 

20 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Goram wasn't great with his feet. Keepers in his era rarely were given the pass back rule was only implemented in 92.

There wasn’t really a lot of playing from the back, but he could fair punt a ball.

Not sure Goram always had a spot on attitude, but he was certainly a winner. 

He hasn't put a glove wrong so far. Commands his area, confident with crosses, a brilliant shot stopper, good with his feet, and has quick reflex instincts.A proper Rangers keeper. Can only be good for the confidence of our defence which is crucial.

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There wasn’t really a lot of playing from the back, but he could fair punt a ball.

Not sure Goram always had a spot on attitude, but he was certainly a winner. 

Definitely. I wouldn't consider taking goal kicks and punting the ball up the park good distribution though, definitely not by modern standards. I'm sure his knees were that fucked at one point he couldn't take goal kicks either.

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What can you say that hasn't already been said? That wink after the safe shows his composure and confidence. Magnificent.

Btw, get that Slovakian cunt signed in January!!

We were briefly linked to Haraslin under Gerrard when he first came in. Some player 

On 06/11/2023 at 13:07, Somemightsay7 said:

There were a huge number of people who weren't fans of the Butland signing, with many stating how we would be a terrible signing.

Anyone saying otherwise is trying to let his good form rewrite history. 

That didn't happen on here. I think most people were supportive of his signing but had reservations about his lack of match time. Fair point when you look at his recent stats. Don't recall many saying he wasn't good enough

He had a huge act to follow. Most Bears wouldn't think he would start so well. Did you?

Absolutely over the moon that he did obviously.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

That didn't happen on here. I think most people were supportive of his signing but had reservations about his lack of match time. Fair point when you look at his recent stats. Don't recall many saying he wasn't good enough

He had a huge act to follow. Most Bears wouldn't think he would start so well. Did you?

Absolutely over the moon that he did obviously.

I had no idea what he was like as a keeper. Had heard of him. 

He's been immense, and whilst McGregor was the best ever. Keeper nxt to Goram. Butland has it! :rangers: