Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

As I said in the match thread, he is a continuation of what has become a most welcome habit of finding top class goalkeepers. I think we can thank Souness for really starting this, first thing he did was bring in Chris Woods with the ethos of building from the back out. Quite simple idea really, if nae cunt can score against you, you will not lose too many games.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Think we are going to have huge difficulty in January. Even if we manage that then the summer after. Just hope he wants to stay.

I'm not sure, let's hope he saw everything he had to see in England and want to be our n°1 for few years now.

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

EPL club could easily come in and make him no1 and double his wages again. Hope him and his family don't get itchy feet.

Don’t think he would be a number one for many EPL clubs and the ones where he would be aren’t going to double his wage to allow them to do that.

He’s excellent for us, but there’s a reason he ended up as the non playing third choice keeper for Man Utd. 

37 minutes ago, Docspawn said:

Be crazy to stick a 5mil price tag on his head, like seen some mention. Often think keepers are under valued as can win games as much as multi million pound strikers. 
Can’t have too many poor games between sticks but strikers get away with it too often. 

£5m would be idiocy

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Did ye aye 

genuinely, was when we were in the third division IIRC. was absolutely buzzing when we signed him as i'd seen him a handful of times when i went to Southend games when visiting family and thought he was a very good player for that level

58 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Don’t think he would be a number one for many EPL clubs and the ones where he would be aren’t going to double his wage to allow them to do that.

He’s excellent for us, but there’s a reason he ended up as the non playing third choice keeper for Man Utd. 

Enlighten us please

16 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Enlighten us please

Because he ultimately wasn’t good enough to become first choice for Crystal Palace but he ticked a box for the homegrown quota at Man Utd for little financial output. I suspect you already know that yourself though so I’m not sure why you need to be sarcastic about it.

Do you think he would displace many keepers in the PL on the basis of a good six months in Scotland, and if so who, because Foderingham and possibly Kaminski aside I can’t think of another that he would. 

14 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Because he ultimately wasn’t good enough to become first choice for Crystal Palace but he ticked a box for the homegrown quota at Man Utd for little financial output. I suspect you already know that yourself though so I’m not sure why you need to be sarcastic about it.

Do you think he would displace many keepers in the PL on the basis of a good six months in Scotland, and if so who, because Foderingham and possibly Kaminski aside I can’t think of another that he would. 

You could arguably say he is better than Forster or Boruc mate, who got moves to the EPL from Scotland.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is interest in January.

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You could arguably say he is better than Forster or Boruc mate, who got moves to the EPL from Scotland.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is interest in January.

EPL clubs could have signed him for nothing in the Summer and he ended signing for us because he wanted first team football. If he goes back to England in January, then it’s going to be for the money, because like I’ve said I don’t think a good six months for us is enough for him to go back down the road and displace the majority of keepers in the EPL as a first choice.