Zeb Jacobs - New academy director

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Recruiting from outside someone who was already employed by the club? 

Yeah I know I didn't word that well but I meant someone coming in from outside, proving themselves and then getting a promotion, not unlike Bisgrove.

Came from Ajax originally didn't he? Think he was just an Academy coach there, but he's always had interesting ideas going by what he's spoken about in the past, and some of the conference stuff I've seen about him.

Cheap move maybe, but could be a good one.

22 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Came from Ajax originally didn't he? Think he was just an Academy coach there, but he's always had interesting ideas going by what he's spoken about in the past, and some of the conference stuff I've seen about him.

Cheap move maybe, but could be a good one.

No. He was never at Ajax. Antwerp and Mechelen. 

15 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Fairly happy with that. I know there is more to it but his background at Ajax and understanding how they do things could be a positive if he can harness it into implementing changes in how we operate.

Came from Antwerp. Vos came from Ajax. By all accounts this boy is big on innovation and does loads of stuff accross Europe.

26 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Came from Antwerp. Vos came from Ajax. By all accounts this boy is big on innovation and does loads of stuff accross Europe.

Ah my bad - not even 40 and memory of a goldfish 😂 

Hopefully his appointment means we are going to see a change in how we view the youth setup from within. I would imagine we will be struggling to compete even with top clubs even from mid-tier leagues (like Portugal / Holland) for fees and wages so really need to be focussing heavily on doing all we can to bring through our own both for our own team and for selling.

We will have to be realistic though as any changes he brings in will take a few years until we properly see the benefits coming through the academy.

People need to remember that bringing through youth at us and the tarriers is almost fucking cursed, due to the nature of the two horse race and absolutely no cunt else in contention, both our clubs dont have the time to blood youngsters like many other clubs in other countries

Hell the only reason the tarriers have a few still in their setup is because we were out the races for 7 years or so, had 2011 not happened i highly doubt they'd still have mcgregor, forrest and ralston kicking about

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

People need to remember that bringing through youth at us and the tarriers is almost fucking cursed, due to the nature of the two horse race and absolutely no cunt else in contention, both our clubs dont have the time to blood youngsters like many other clubs in other countries

Hell the only reason the tarriers have a few still in their setup is because we were out the races for 7 years or so, had 2011 not happened i highly doubt they'd still have mcgregor, forrest and ralston kicking about

The players who are exceptional will probably continue to be taken off us by EPL clubs long before they're first team ready too, unless they're late developers.

• 9 months later...
34 minutes ago, aird said:

Crazy jumps he has gotten for someone with very little experience and so young in that field. Robertson hopefully has someone lined up to replace.

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Crazy jumps he has gotten for someone with very little experience and so young in that field. Robertson hopefully has someone lined up to replace.

Hopefully it’s not Robertson picking the new man mate. He’s gone at the end of July.