*****Champions League 23/24 Thread*****

Looking at that you see the gulf for us. PSV did us yet are bottom of their group and they spent a decent amount of money. We were dreadful last season in that tournament. celtic struggle every time too. I'm not sure I’ll ever see us have a run deep in the champions league now. 

7 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Looking at that you see the gulf for us. PSV did us yet are bottom of their group and they spent a decent amount of money. We were dreadful last season in that tournament. celtic struggle every time too. I'm not sure I’ll ever see us have a run deep in the champions league now. 

Did you think we'd be in europa final? I'd of thought that was impossible, you never know. 

We were(hopefully)a shambles at start of season I wouldn't look too much into that score there's not much between clubs.

I can't believe how far Man Utd have fallen as a European super power!!!

Their reaction to beating Copenhagen at home 1-0 to give them their first group points is laughable, I genuinely thought anyone switching on at the precise moment of the penalty save could be excused for believing that they had just qualified for the final.....fucking embarrassing if you ask me

50 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I can't believe how far Man Utd have fallen as a European super power!!!

Their reaction to beating Copenhagen at home 1-0 to give them their first group points is laughable, I genuinely thought anyone switching on at the precise moment of the penalty save could be excused for believing that they had just qualified for the final.....fucking embarrassing if you ask me

It is all relative but I think they are a poor side and have been for a number of years. I can understand why ex players like Keane tear their hair out. There are similarities to us in that so much of their success was driven by one man who embodied them and their standards under Sir Alex. Just as we were with Smith. They have struggled to replicate that to any level, even though they have spent big money they lack the standards they had previously. There are players in that team who wouldn’t have seen the light of day under Ferguson. 

6 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Did you think we'd be in europa final? I'd of thought that was impossible, you never know. 

We were(hopefully)a shambles at start of season I wouldn't look too much into that score there's not much between clubs.

Although I see your point, the gulf between the elite in the champions league and europa league is huge

• 2 weeks later...

See the Dortmund protest about Newcastle, gold bars thrown and a banner saying you don’t care about football only money. 

I get the resentment but I don’t see how you could possibly say Newcastle fans only care about money. One of the few real proper football clubs