Champions league registration who misses out?

dave7867

so we can only register 25 players plus youngsters 

butland       raskin
tav           cantwell
goldson       dowell
souttar(hg)   jack(hg)
yilmaz        barisic
danilo        lundstram
lammers       cifuentes       19 players
sima          sterling
dessers       hagi
balogun

jack and souttar are scottish home grown so that take my list to 17 + 8 HG players

obviously ive missed a few playes out still like davies and roofe etc

i didnt include mccrorie cause he might want away to play first team football.

is there anybody ive missed.

who gets in whos out?

Only 22 players, 19 excluding the 2 backup keepers and Wright if he leaves.

That's why people have been wanting us to look to bring in more Scots.

If we keep Roofe, Sakala, Kamara, Lawrence, Davies etc I don't know how you get them into our European squad.

Also the fact our 3 centre back options are Goldson, Souttar and Balogun is grim. Balogun will probably start next week. Where are all the "He's only ever going to be 6th choice and never play" people now.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wright is a free slot anyway. Why not include while he is still at the club.

The other two are definitely away.

Yeah. Wright's like a wee hanger on lapdog. But it fills a slot that was already there.

Definitely writing on the wall for Sakala and Davies. Be more interesting if they're anywhere near the team tomorrow.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Yeah. Wright's like a wee hanger on lapdog. But it fills a slot that was already there.

Definitely writing on the wall for Sakala and Davies. Be more interesting if they're anywhere near the team tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with Wright tbh. Lacks ability compared to the rest now yes but from all accounts he's a positive influence and gives his all. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Nothing wrong with Wright tbh. Lacks ability compared to the rest now yes but from all accounts he's a positive influence and gives his all. 

There's nothing wrong with him. His footballing ability is below what is required at Rangers though.

Let's not forget, if his move to Pendikspor hadn't fell through - he'd not be there right now. 

We're not keeping him out of necessity.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wright is a free slot anyway. Why not include while he is still at the club.

The other two are definitely away.

Yeah more just that talks are ongoing elsewhere and you'd have thought he'd be left out all squads now competitive stuff starts unless he's fully committed.

40 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

But @mitre_mouldmaster said there was no chance any first team players could be left out???

I actually said all of the new signings would be included as they would be promised this as part of the attraction for bringing them in.

He is who I said I thought would miss out recently.

On 28/07/2023 at 22:00, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Absolutely no way does Roofe make it into the squad. He will be behind Sakala who still wont get in the squad.

Really cant see Lawrence making it either.

Good players, but we have just spent millions on guys who will be taking those slots in the squad.

Told ya! :lol:

It is strange that it's a day before the season starts and the likes of Kamara, Matondo, Davies are all still here and not in our Euro squad.

I do think this is where we're missing a DoF. We always expected a lot of outgoings but there's barely been any movement at all. A manager owning incoming signings is one thing, but someone needs to be responsible for shifting players out.

Going into this weekend and next Wednesday with a 35 year old injury prone Balogun likely starting is a bit of a joke.

7 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It is strange that it's a day before the season starts and the likes of Kamara, Matondo, Davies are all still here and not in our Euro squad.

I do think this is where we're missing a DoF. We always expected a lot of outgoings but there's barely been any movement at all. A manager owning incoming signings is one thing, but someone needs to be responsible for shifting players out.

Going into this weekend and next Wednesday with a 35 year old injury prone Balogun likely starting is a bit of a joke.

Even when we had a DOF the outgoings weren't exactly flowing. 

End of the day, if you buy shite players, you'll struggle to move them on.