Alex Lowry Progress at Hearts

Loyal72

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think it should be locked. He is a Rangers player and many fans are still keen to follow his progress. By all reports, he made a huge impact when he came on, and the Hearts fans are already raving about him. 

We go for the sexy European signings and ignore homegrown talent. (I've heard about his bad attitude).

Same re Mayo.

We dont ignore homegrown talent when it's good enough. Neither Mayo or Lowry are good enough.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think it should be locked. He is a Rangers player and many fans are still keen to follow his progress. By all reports, he made a huge impact when he came on, and the Hearts fans are already raving about him. 

We go for the sexy European signings and ignore homegrown talent. (I've heard about his bad attitude).

Same re Mayo.

It's the transfer section, he has been transferred so it should be locked, I'm sure years gone by their was a thread for loaned players, we used to monitor their progress in that thread....problem is we don't really have much hope for the majority of players that go out on loan 

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

If he stays fit and keeps his head screwed. He’s going to be class for them.

Good experience for a year and next year he should be aiming to be a big player for us.

Agree with all that, hopefully adds a bit of bulk to his frame and being a year more mature he returns in a good place. 

16 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Yup, he will be excellent for them. Hopefully one of the first names on the team sheet for us next year.

Hope so . Id like to think this loan is based on giving him experience to come back for us rather than a loan leading to a move away .

• Clemdog changed the title to Alex Lowry Progress at Hearts
15 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

See BBC sport had him with the highest rating for Saturday. Not sure how they arrive at that total but 8+ for a sub is some going :lol:

Just from highlights, a 'key' pass before their 2nd goal, at least a couple of successful dribbles, some decent passes and involved in winning the ball back. Must've been on a mission in his half hour.

The thing about Lowry that we look like we lack in team at moment is a bit of inventiveness. He tries to go for the forward pass or a wee dinked thru ball or to go past a player. Cant remember which friendly it was, but he came up against a bit of a packed defence on edge of box and looked like he’d made lost the situation. But with very little back lift, he went for a wee pass style shot into bottom corner forcing the keeper into a very good save. I’m not sure many of our players would have tried that.

Cantwell and Hagi are two others i class in that mould.  Players who are attack minded players who will see and go for early passes or shots, who play incisive forward passes.  Hagi is another who looked good I felt in the friendlies. Cantwell went past a couple of players as soon as he came on at weekend and tried a few breaking the lines style passes. 

it’s early days I know, but I hope our new signings start to show that kind of approach too. Would certainly hope Cantwell and Hagi who I think could be a key player to how Beale wants us to play get more game time going forward.

Lowry was probably always going to struggle this season with all the newly bought players. Hearts is a very good move for him, I hope he grabs it with both hands and performs well for them and himself and comes back to us all the better for it. 

I had a nosey through the papers whilst in the shop yesterday and Bill Leckie (think it was him) was saying how he had a great cameo for Hearts, good passed etc and that it was all what we were missing v Killie. Havent seen the Hearts highlights to see if he did well or if it was just Leckie putting the boot in even more