Who was the better player?

Essandoh

Butcher came in and did a did a great job right when we needed him, signing the England captain was a major cou, pity he turned into a spiteful arse.

Gouge was magnificent and as others have said a gentleman.

Both fantastic players but Gough wins it for me.

Just now, B1872 said:

Gough for me. However my dad always says if Butcher never broke his leg in 88 then we’d have won the European Cup.

More importantly those mhanky shower of bastards would not have won the league

Both were special but it’s Gough for me.

Butcher was an excellent defender but his knock knees made him look ungainly and awkward and, as daft as it may sound, his body shape always irritated me to fuck. 

Gough was a Rolls Royce of player who looked every inch the professional footballer where as Butcher had the appearance of a Sunday league player.

(Man Utd’s Varane is similar to Butcher. Just doesn’t look like a professional footballer)

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

The way Butcher behaves towards us at times has really tarnished much of what he did here

Yeah it’s weird because if you watch the Scottish Cup semi final v the scum when McCoist scored to win 1-0 when down to 10 men you wouldn’t have got a more biased co-commentator than Butcher that night as he was very pro Rangers. Yet recently it’s like he genuinely hates us!

Another thing shows you how fucked up FF is. There was a guy posting saying Richard Gough would be shite if he played in this era and would struggle to get a game. Aye because who needs a strong, quick, athletic centre back, eh! Some weirdos over there man.

22 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Another thing shows you how fucked up FF is. There was a guy posting saying Richard Gough would be shite if he played in this era and would struggle to get a game. Aye because who needs a strong, quick, athletic centre back, eh! Some weirdos over there man.

Sure somecunt said that on here the other week anaw 

43 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The Richard Gough of 25 - 35 years ago would undoubtedly find it much, much harder in this day and age. It’s just a simple matter of the development of the game. And that will be true for the vast, vast majority of players, top class, or not. In fact, it’s so obvious I don’t know why someone would have gone onto a forum to make that point.