Johnly Yfeko

Essandoh

17 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I feel like the arrival of this lad to the first team squad has almost went under the radar in terms of how comfortable he looks and that’s pretty rare these days for youth players stepping up.

I know he’s not set the world alight yet and has made a few errors but if this lad develops right we could be on to a good player, given that it isn’t just his physicality that’s worthy of praise but his use of the ball too.

Very early days but I think he’s got massive potential. What a last ditch tackle against Morton by the way.

Turns 21 this summer so a big season  for him

21 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I feel like the arrival of this lad to the first team squad has almost went under the radar in terms of how comfortable he looks and that’s pretty rare these days for youth players stepping up.

I know he’s not set the world alight yet and has made a few errors but if this lad develops right we could be on to a good player, given that it isn’t just his physicality that’s worthy of praise but his use of the ball too.

Very early days but I think he’s got massive potential. What a last ditch tackle against Morton by the way.

Yes, early days but very composed and a good passer of the ball a big unit who doesn't get pushed about as well.

Some expected him to race up the wing like Barisic forgetting he was a left centre back and not a left fullback in the Barisic mould.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, early days but very composed and a good passer of the ball a big unit who doesn't get pushed about as well.

Some expected him to race up the wing like Barisic forgetting he was a left centre back and not a left fullback in the Barisic mould.

Except he's a  left-back who played at left-back.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Except he's a  left-back who played at left-back.

Played yesterday on left of a back 3.

For a while I thought he was offering us even less as LB than Barasic, but it became clearer his positioning was definitely lcb.  He overlapped once and got forward a couple of times but so did Goldson.

Sterling was more like a wing back, a poor one right enough with dire crossing.

Boy has potential. Very very early days.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The boy has a bright future. I don't think he is quite ready to take over from Barisic, but his steady play might make us think about selling Ridvan.

If come the 1st of September we have Barisic and Yfeko as our left back options then we have major issues.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The boy has a bright future. I don't think he is quite ready to take over from Barisic, but his steady play might make us think about selling Ridvan.

If Ridden goes then someone else has to come in, at the very least someone who can play LB and LCB.

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Thought he was ok against Morton, and howling during the Hamburg game in pre-season. 

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If he's a LB, it's concerning that he is scared of running beyond the halfway line. If he's a CB, then it's more understandable.

He has all the right ingredients to become a good player, but it's whether he can put it all together the way Bassey did. 

A Ramgers left back needs to get up and down the left flank. I've seen little to suggest that's what he does. He seens far more like a LCB.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A Ramgers left back needs to get up and down the left flank. I've seen little to suggest that's what he does. He seens far more like a LCB.

Yep, agreed - definitely also has more of a CB's build than a LB, he was battling with Robbie Muirhead a fair bit through the game, Robbie being very much an old fashioned target man. 

18 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Played yesterday on left of a back 3.

For a while I thought he was offering us even less as LB than Barasic, but it became clearer his positioning was definitely lcb.  He overlapped once and got forward a couple of times but so did Goldson.

Sterling was more like a wing back, a poor one right enough with dire crossing.

Boy has potential. Very very early days.

Overlapping centre back?  Takes me back to the days of Madjid Bougherra - love it

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

The last ditch tackle was immense but felt at the time he was caught out really badly with a simple ball over the top to let the Morton player in in the first place. Great recovery and lots of potential but definitely still got a lot to learn. 

Yep, great recovery tackle but it was on his man who got in after a simple ball through.