****** The Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

29 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Things are clicking more and more with every game and hopefully it continues.

Created plenty of chances again and my only criticism is that we aren't taking more. Dessers in particular can improve but his link up play is getting better and with Roofe back hopefully more goals will come our way.

We are due to give someone a real beating. Hopefully it's next Sunday!

I haven't felt this confident going into an Old Firm game for a loooooong time.

Bring it on!!!

6 hours ago, Smile said:

Yes, I think that's a problem we have always had it's a mindset thing with us once we got a couple up we relax a bit.

Agree, and I am sure our passing deteriorates when we play at a slower tempo and we stand off opponents too much giving them the attacking freedom. Also the square and back passing increases  putting more pressure on ourselves. 

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I like Dessers, but I thought he was shite today. Danilo is getting ripped off for minutes.

Lammers has to improve his sloppy player if he wants to play more. He is clearly skillful.

Lammers worries me; has the touches but the amount of times he loses the ball so easily is terrible and dangerous against any decent opposition. Desserts is busy enough but I am not convinced of his ability to be a double figure scorer.

Just now, docspiderman said:

Lammers worries me; has the touches but the amount of times he loses the ball so easily is terrible and dangerous against any decent opposition. Desserts is busy enough but I am not convinced of his ability to be a double figure scorer.

Gave Lammers the benefit of the doubt first half, but I lost patience with him in the second half when he kept making the same loose mistakes.

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

Aye, I’m really worried about Lammers. Hope I’m proved wrong but seems a very strange signing. 

Lammers won’t cut it in a kick and rush league like the SPL. He’s clearly better suited to a slower paced/more technical league like in Holland or Italy. I reckon that’s exactly where he will be playing again next season… probs for a bottom half Serie A team or a mid table Eredivisie team. 

6 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Lammers won’t cut it in a kick and rush league like the SPL. He’s clearly better suited to a slower paced/more technical league like in Holland or Italy. I reckon that’s exactly where he will be playing again next season… probs for a bottom half Serie A team or a mid table Eredivisie team. 

He was useless at Atalanta and their fans were delighted he left 😂

29 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I’m not sure what your point is? Atalanta are one of the top teams in Serie A and thus are accustomed to a certain standard of player. Just cause he’s not good enough for them doesn’t mean he couldn’t do a job at a lesser/bottom half team in that division.

20 minutes ago, Iakona said:

I’m not sure what your point is? Atalanta are one of the top teams in Serie A and thus are accustomed to a certain standard of player. Just cause he’s not good enough for them doesn’t mean he couldn’t do a job at a lesser/bottom half team in that division.

Fantastic Backtracking

21 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Fantastic Backtracking

Nah you’re just being a simpleton or bamming me up.

Players can be better suited to a certain league and still not be good enough to play for the best/top teams in it. If you can’t wrap your head around that I can’t help you. My original post that you quoted quite clearly referenced him possibly playing for a lower end Serie A or Eredivisie team - that’s likely his level.

Lammers is a handy player in games like this because he can help in build up and he's willing to break into the box to get on the end of things. He did it a good few times yesterday.

He's clearly not up to the pace of Scottish football yet but he wont be the first and wont be the last to struggle with the pace coming from outside Scotland. Hopefully once he gets used to that pace then he'll be on a different level for us with his technical abilities and off the ball movement.

43 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Lammers is a handy player in games like this because he can help in build up and he's willing to break into the box to get on the end of things. He did it a good few times yesterday.

He's clearly not up to the pace of Scottish football yet but he wont be the first and wont be the last to struggle with the pace coming from outside Scotland. Hopefully once he gets used to that pace then he'll be on a different level for us with his technical abilities and off the ball movement.

Good post, an interesting profile to have. Our squad is very versatile this season and I like that, it offers a lot of possibilities.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

We've plenty players who can get us from back to front.

We don't need a player who loses possession multiple times versus Ross County starting and doing it against the scum. They'd punish us.

If he comes good great, Sunday isn't a game for building players up, it's a game for delivering right here right now.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We've plenty players who can get us from back to front.

We don't need a player who loses possession multiple times versus Ross County starting and doing it against the scum. They'd punish us.

If he comes good great, Sunday isn't a game for building players up, it's a game for delivering right here right now.

Oh aye, don't get me wrong here, I wouldnt be starting him on Wednesday or Sunday either. That role should be Cantwell's this week!

10 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Agree, and I am sure our passing deteriorates when we play at a slower tempo and we stand off opponents too much giving them the attacking freedom. Also the square and back passing increases  putting more pressure on ourselves. 

Yes, god knows what happened to us when we came put for the second half we just could not pass at all to each other for a good 10 minutes.

We are needing to stop this one good half one poor half performance as we will not always be up against Ross County.

Fuck knows how to start against psv, but against the rattlers we need to use the 4222 again but drop lammers and maybe play dowell

Lundstram has done well so probably go with him and raskin as deeper midfielders 

But given how poor they are at the back, id stay with 2 up front but have one drift wide a lot like yesterday, opens up a lot of space in the middle for cantwell etc

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fuck knows how to start against psv, but against the rattlers we need to use the 4222 again but drop lammers and maybe play dowell

Lundstram has done well so probably go with him and raskin as deeper midfielders 

But given how poor they are at the back, id stay with 2 up front but have one drift wide a lot like yesterday, opens up a lot of space in the middle for cantwell etc

I think right now we've got a better starting 11 than them.

I hope he picks a team to play to our strengths rather than overthinking it and trying to counter them.

We need to get at their defence, it's vulnerable. Priority for me is getting Cantwell further forward, that's where success will come from.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think right now we've got a better starting 11 than them.

I hope he picks a team to play to our strengths rather than overthinking it and trying to counter them.

We need to get at their defence, it's vulnerable. Priority for me is getting Cantwell further forward, that's where success will come from.

Agree with getting at their defence, hence why I'm praying he doesn't revert to that 433 inside ten system that has most of our guys in front of their defence 

Tarrier fullbacks are honking, so if we play as yesterday, with either a number ten or a striker pulling wide and having the fullback support them, they won't know how to deal with that 

And if scales has to play for them, id tell roofe to stick on him all game as he's fucking dire and will switch off most times 

13 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

It was a surprise to pay 3-5 million for a striker who hardly scores then trying to convert him to a number ten pushing our best player out wide or to the bench.