Luis Rubiales

G.E.C.

On 26/08/2023 at 09:28, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

Fucking weirdo. Why was he grabbing his balls in celebration of them scoring? Totally unsuited to his position and should be gone by now. Can’t believe they are taking his side over the players who just won the World Cup - it’s actually mental. 

He did what?! 

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Prosecutors looking into it now to see if a sexual assault charge can be brought.

In some countries you can get a rape charge for kissing someone without permission although I do believe that you have to use tongue. Was it not something like that that Julian Assange was wanted for?

He has definitely made things worse for himself. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

In some countries you can get a rape charge for kissing someone without permission although I do believe that you have to use tongue. Was it not something like that that Julian Assange was wanted for?

He has definitely made things worse for himself. 

Assange was always a case of making anything stick to try force extradition.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Assange was always a case of making anything stick to try force extradition.

There was a rape charge from Sweden I believe though and that was for kissing someone. It was made to sound more serious than it was by omitting the part about it being a unwanted kiss.

14 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

There was a rape charge from Sweden I believe though and that was for kissing someone. It was made to sound more serious than it was by omitting the part about it being a unwanted kiss.

Aye, it was a wee bit more than ‘kissing’ someone.

‘According to her account, which Assange disputes, he began pulling off her clothes. Ardin told police she didn't want to "but that it was too late to stop Assange as she had gone along with it so far", and so she let him to undress her. Ardin told police she realised he was trying to have unprotected sex with her, held her down and stopped her from reaching for a condom before agreeing to use it, but she said he had "done something" to it that made it rip, which he denied. He then had unprotected sex with the accuser.

A second women reported: On 16 August, Miss W phoned Assange and arranged to meet him and go back to her flat outside Stockholm. She told police they started to have sex, but he didn't want to wear a condom and lost interest when she didn't want to have unprotected sex. Later that night they had consensual sex and "he agreed unwillingly to use a condom". Early the next morning, she awoke to discover him having sex with her,

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye, it was a wee bit more than ‘kissing’ someone.

‘According to her account, which Assange disputes, he began pulling off her clothes. Ardin told police she didn't want to "but that it was too late to stop Assange as she had gone along with it so far", and so she let him to undress her. Ardin told police she realised he was trying to have unprotected sex with her, held her down and stopped her from reaching for a condom before agreeing to use it, but she said he had "done something" to it that made it rip, which he denied. He then had unprotected sex with the accuser.

A second women reported: On 16 August, Miss W phoned Assange and arranged to meet him and go back to her flat outside Stockholm. She told police they started to have sex, but he didn't want to wear a condom and lost interest when she didn't want to have unprotected sex. Later that night they had consensual sex and "he agreed unwillingly to use a condom". Early the next morning, she awoke to discover him having sex with her,

Maybe there was more to it then.

Anyway the point was that you can get a rape charge against you for forcibly kissing someone in some countries. 

Organisations suing each other, suspensions, protests, hunger strikes, protest resignations, bizarre defences, governing body investigations, criminal investigations, parliament statements, etc.

The arms, legs and heads this has grown seem - to me at least - grossly disproportionate to the intent, severity and context to what actually happened.

I don't think Rubiales meant any harm or had any bad intents, and (so far) nothing's came out since the event that he has any history of being a creep.  He misjudged it and tbh unless I'm seeing it wrong, it seems a very minor thing which he apologised for the next day - a whole shit show has unfolded.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Organisations suing each other, suspensions, protests, hunger strikes, protest resignations, bizarre defences, governing body investigations, criminal investigations, parliament statements, etc.

The arms, legs and heads this has grown seem - to me at least - grossly disproportionate to the intent, severity and context to what actually happened.

I don't think Rubiales meant any harm or had any bad intents, and (so far) nothing's came out since the event that he has any history of being a creep.  He misjudged it and tbh unless I'm seeing it wrong, it seems a very minor thing which he apologised for the next day - a whole shit show has unfolded.

He has also lied about it. That has a major part of it. Never mind that he basically threatened to abuse his position to punish anyone who spoke out against what he did. 

Are you telling me that you would be happy if your managing director came up to you and kissed you on the lips? Then lie and say that he had permission to do so?

I doubt very much that many on here would have no problem at all if some bloke just decided to plant a kiss on their lips. Just because he did it to a woman doesn't make it OK.

3 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

He has also lied about it. That has a major part of it. Never mind that he basically threatened to abuse his position to punish anyone who spoke out against what he did. 

Are you telling me that you would be happy if your managing director came up to you and kissed you on the lips? Then lie and say that he had permission to do so?

I doubt very much that many on here would have no problem at all if some bloke just decided to plant a kiss on their lips. Just because he did it to a woman doesn't make it OK.

I definitely think he should have said nothing after his initial apology - he has dug himself into a hole he didn't need to with frankly bizarre statements, although this was after the pitchforks have came out. His initial apology could have been better, but I do believe it was sincere. I doubt anything would have been good enough for those weilding those pitchforks. Like I said, I feel that the context, intent and severity has been completely lost in all of this.

I can't really conceive of a scenario where my CEO would kiss me - I've never really worked in an environment where you'd have a sudden outpouring of joy and celebration - I guess it would be odd at 3pm on any given Tuesday, less odd if the confirmation had just landed that we'd secured a £1b contract and everyone on the team was going mental with the realisation of life changing bonuses.

Closest thing I can think of is winning a Sunday amateur league, the manager ran up, grabbed me and kissed me on the forehead grabbing my head in a not too dissimilar fashion, shouting "yaaaaaaasaas" and shaking me.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I definitely think he should have said nothing after his initial apology - he has dug himself into a hole he didn't need to with frankly bizarre statements, although this was after the pitchforks have came out. His initial apology could have been better, but I do believe it was sincere. I doubt anything would have been good enough for those weilding those pitchforks. Like I said, I feel that the context, intent and severity has been completely lost in all of this.

I can't really conceive of a scenario where my CEO would kiss me - I've never really worked in an environment where you'd have a sudden outpouring of joy and celebration - I guess it would be odd at 3pm on any given Tuesday, less odd if the confirmation had just landed we'd secured a £1b contract and everyone on the team was going mental.

Closest thing I can think of is winning a Sunday amateur league, the manager ran up, grabbed me and kissed me on the forehead grabbing my head in a not too dissimilar fashion, shouting "yaaaaaaasaas" and shaking me.

Do you think your reaction would be different if he'd kissed you on the lips, you'd publicly said it made you uncomfortable then your manager put a message out on socials - on your behalf without consulting you - contradicting what you'd said?