Luis Rubiales

G.E.C.

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

I definitely think he should have said nothing after his initial apology - he has dug himself into a hole he didn't need to with frankly bizarre statements, although this was after the pitchforks have came out. His initial apology could have been better, but I do believe it was sincere. I doubt anything would have been good enough for those weilding those pitchforks. Like I said, I feel that the context, intent and severity has been completely lost in all of this.

I can't really conceive of a scenario where my CEO would kiss me - I've never really worked in an environment where you'd have a sudden outpouring of joy and celebration - I guess it would be odd at 3pm on any given Tuesday, less odd if the confirmation had just landed that we'd secured a £1b contract and everyone on the team was going mental with the realisation of life changing bonuses.

Closest thing I can think of is winning a Sunday amateur league, the manager ran up, grabbed me and kissed me on the forehead grabbing my head in a not too dissimilar fashion, shouting "yaaaaaaasaas" and shaking me.

The forehead is not the lips never mind that you are talking about someone that you would know well instead of someone you had only heard about.

If your mother, wife, daughter ect won best garden in town and some bloke she didn't know kissed her like that as she went for her award your natural reaction would be to ask them what the fuck they think they are doing. This is not misreading signals in a nightclub kind of thing here.

Unless you think that it is OK for a man to just come up and kiss you on the lips then you can't say that what he did was OK. It is the attitude round about it that is being called out and the excuses being made. The whole machismo thing in Spain is actually real and used to make me laugh. It does have its downside though. 

Nobody is suggesting that he should be jailed as far as I know. It is the way in which some have tried to dismiss it that is being out.

This is the sort of thing that my kids were taught in sex education lessons, not the weird shit that people claim. Personal boundaries are just the basics. I very much doubt that many on here would be happy with a man who thought it was OK to kiss them on the lips whenever they felt like it. They would feel like a boundary had been crossed without their permission and wouldn't give a fuck about any excuses. Most women feel the same way. 

53 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

The forehead is not the lips never mind that you are talking about someone that you would know well instead of someone you had only heard about.

If your mother, wife, daughter ect won best garden in town and some bloke she didn't know kissed her like that as she went for her award your natural reaction would be to ask them what the fuck they think they are doing. This is not misreading signals in a nightclub kind of thing here.

Unless you think that it is OK for a man to just come up and kiss you on the lips then you can't say that what he did was OK. It is the attitude round about it that is being called out and the excuses being made. The whole machismo thing in Spain is actually real and used to make me laugh. It does have its downside though. 

Nobody is suggesting that he should be jailed as far as I know. It is the way in which some have tried to dismiss it that is being out.

This is the sort of thing that my kids were taught in sex education lessons, not the weird shit that people claim. Personal boundaries are just the basics. I very much doubt that many on here would be happy with a man who thought it was OK to kiss them on the lips whenever they felt like it. They would feel like a boundary had been crossed without their permission and wouldn't give a fuck about any excuses. Most women feel the same way. 

Badger doesn't disagree with this or that Rubiales was at fault. His original point though is that the reaction to the act is top heavy. This story made headline news in the UK for about 5 days. There weren't more pertinent and serious issues to get agitated about over the last week?

10 minutes ago, don logan said:

Badger doesn't disagree with this or that Rubiales was at fault. His original point though is that the reaction to the act is top heavy. This story made headline news in the UK for about 5 days. There weren't more pertinent and serious issues to get agitated about over the last week?

You have to wonder how many people were violently sexually abused or raped over the same timeframe but the media obviously think this kiss (unwanted) was more important.

2 minutes ago, don logan said:

Sorry I don't really think that anyone is arguing that it is OK here and wasn't trying to say that. I haven't been to Spain in a few years but I do know that the attitude shown was pretty common there. That is why it is an issue. 

If it started to be common where you were seeing men just go up and kiss other men it would soon come to an end believe me. In some countries it is still a problem that women face and Spain is one of them as proven by his reaction. He has nobody to blame for how it has turned out but himself. 

If I saw someone do that to her indoors I would be walking away as fast as possible trying to look innocent as she beat shit out of them 😂

He really is lucky that she didn't just slap him.

5 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

You have to wonder how many people were violently sexually abused or raped over the same timeframe but the media obviously think this kiss (unwanted) was more important.

Same with everything, whatever is flavour of the week gets the attention. 

Shootings haven't stopped in America yet we haven't heard so much lately. We will again soon as they change the flavour of shite they feed us.

He was out of line unless he asked her as he says something before he does it.Looks like the me too jump on has pushed this to the limit.

Now it looks bad on her so maybe she changed her mind and said she is fizzing about it .Nobody really knows however he should have just apologised in public rather than trying to reverse or call her out if she had agreed in that second before he done it.

On 31/08/2023 at 15:46, The Archer said:

He was out of line unless he asked her as he says something before he does it.Looks like the me too jump on has pushed this to the limit.

Now it looks bad on her so maybe she changed her mind and said she is fizzing about it .Nobody really knows however he should have just apologised in public rather than trying to reverse or call her out if she had agreed in that second before he done it.

The video on the team bus of all the women laughing about it doesn’t suggest anyone was so mortally offended on the day so some points about that need answering as there may be some element of becoming more offended to go with the crowd.

In saying that if he hadn’t been a dickhead and done it in the first place he wouldn’t be in the shit . No one’s fault but his in the long run. 

On 29/08/2023 at 16:15, don logan said:

:matron:

• 6 months later...

BBC News - Luis Rubiales: Prosecutors seek 2.5-year jail term over World Cup kiss

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68679506

Facing 2.5yrs in jail.

The guy shouldn't have done it, but the reaction and consequence to this surely is disproportionate to what actually happened.

He deserved some criticism and his botched apology and actions afterwards meant he should have resigned - but those consequences are a world away from jail time, big fines and a criminal record. Misread and misjudged situation, absolutely - criminal though, I'm deeply uncomfortable with that.

It's been 6mths and nothing has came out of the woodwork about this guy either. You have to assume he has had no previous for being a creep.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

BBC News - Luis Rubiales: Prosecutors seek 2.5-year jail term over World Cup kiss

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68679506

Facing 2.5yrs in jail.

The guy shouldn't have done it, but the reaction and consequence to this surely is disproportionate to what actually happened.

He deserved some criticism and his botched apology and actions afterwards meant he should have resigned - but those consequences are a world away from jail time, big fines and a criminal record. Misread and misjudged situation, absolutely - criminal though, I'm deeply uncomfortable with that.

Nothing much has came out of the woodwork about this guy either. You have to assume he has no previous for being a creep.

On the face of it, this is woke pish. If something else comes out, I stand corrected. Cunts in Scotland get a slap on the wrist for rape 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Mental that they want jail for that. Some Peados in this country get community service ffs.

He hasn't went to jail, but they are seeking a 2.5yr sentence. Whether he gets that is another matter. He hasn't been tried yet.

The fact this has went to criminal proceedings is IMO absurd.

Next time you go out with a new girl and you decide its going well enough for a kiss, ask her first. She might get mad at you for ruining the moment, but at least you aint going to jail.