The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

Just now, esquire8 said:

Are we?

Fully believe the Muscat tweet (that account is extremely reliable), and the Eustace link is so specific I believe that as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12485671/amp/Birmingham-City-boss-John-Eustace-emerging-early-candidate-Rangers-job-pressure-mounts-Michael-Beale-Champions-League-exit-Old-Firm-derby-defeat.html

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Rooney is being linked with Birmingham as well. 

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Purely agents talk I think. They smell opportunity. Don't think one person at the club has spoken to anyone about being manager.

31 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

This board have never made an executive decision for the club ever. Bit wrong to target them for the fuck ups.

Wrong!!!! Jullian Wolhardt as a Non-Executive Director is the only addition to the board. Bennet, Graeme Park, Alistair Johnson and George Taylor are on the current board and have been involved with the club for some time.  No like you to talk pish! :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Considering we’re already sounding out other managers, it wouldn’t surprise me if the board are waiting for him to drop points before giving him the bullet.

Don’t understanding the point in it myself, but I imagine they don’t want to be seen sacking a manager just because he lost to celtic.

The flip side to this is what message does it send out if you sack a manager this early in after so many changes to to squad in the summer?

Who comes and manages us under those conditions other than managers who think they’ve won the lottery by being considered for our job?

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

It's par for the course these days. I doubt many managers will give it much thought.

I’m not sure about that, good ones will want the conditions to be as good as they can be to ensure they’re successful. Budgets, decisions on players, time given etc. 

It feels like any club who goes through managers quickly just keeps carrying on that trend indefinitely. Said ‘feels’ deliberately in that it might not factually be true but it does seem like it.

16 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Wrong!!!! Jullian Wolhardt as a Non-Executive Director is the only addition to the board. Bennet, Graeme Park, Alistair Johnson and George Taylor are on the current board and have been involved with the club for some time.  No like you to talk pish! :lol: 

You missed out Halsted but he's new so I'll let you off with that. Look at my post again. I said executive decisions. Johnston, Taylor, Park, Wolhardt and now Halsted are all Non-Executive directors. They are there because of either their shareholding or their companies shareholding, putting their money into the club. I'll maybe give you Park as it was pretty much his decision for hiring Pedro.

Bennett and Bisgrove are those in executive positions. They've both never hired a manager before. 

So where have I talked pish?

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’m not sure about that, good ones will want the conditions to be as good as they can be to ensure they’re successful. Budgets, decisions on players, time given etc. 

It feels like any club who goes through managers quickly just keeps carrying on that trend indefinitely. Said ‘feels’ deliberately in that it might not factually be true but it does seem like it.

Clubs like Chelsea burn through managers on a yearly basis and still attract the best. Beale has been at the club nearly a year, and we're now 10 games into the season this Saturday. He's improved nothing. If any manager looking in doesn't think he can make us better then we shouldn't be looking at him.

15 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Exactly. Manager’s average time in a job and the level of turnover is probably the highest it’s ever been before. It just goes with the territory now.

I'm some respect it's to their benefit. Massive payout and walk into the next job within weeks or months. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I'm some respect it's to their benefit. Massive payout and walk into the next job within weeks or months. 

The payouts usually stop when they take another job. Certainly in the case with the likes of Chelsea it is. They put managers out a job but still pay them weekly instead of big payouts.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The payouts usually stop when they take another job. Certainly in the case with the likes of Chelsea it is. They put managers out a job but still pay them weekly instead of big payouts.

I'm no convinced that's true. There will be an agreement of some sorts that benefits both parties.

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Ah ok thanks, I thought there was some new ITK-type leaks from the dressing room.

TBH, you can pretty much tell the players have no idea what they're meant to be doing most of the time, it wouldn't surprise me at all of they were unhappy.

There’s a system?