The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

42 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

I fully expect the board to go for McInness when Beale is done.

Why?

We went after him 6 years ago, and have never spoken to him about the job since.

Can get people feeling annoyed at the Board, but this is just being hysterical. 

Our dream manager based on our history and what is needed now is a Rangers man (a boyhood fan, not a Gio type), someone who has won stuff and that plays attractive attacking football.

If we could get at least two of the three as manager that would be perfect. I don't know of any proper Rangers fans who are successful winning managers (well apart from Eck) these days. I think we'd certainly need a manager with the two latter qualities and someone beside him who was brought up knowing what Rangers is and means.

20 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Our dream manager based on our history and what is needed now is a Rangers man (a boyhood fan, not a Gio type), someone who has won stuff and that plays attractive attacking football.

If we could get at least two of the three as manager that would be perfect. I don't know of any proper Rangers fans who are successful winning managers (well apart from Eck) these days. I think we'd certainly need a manager with the two latter qualities and someone beside him who was brought up knowing what Rangers is and means.

Chances of a boyhood fan are slim these days. 

Fully agree but someone with trophies under thier belt and an attacking brand of football is needed.

I think we also need a ruthless character. Someone hell bent on winning and not willing to accept 2nd best. That could install that same mentality into our team. We've not had that imo since Walter Smith. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If Beale goes I'm thinking the board go with Kevin Muscat. 

Muscat would be another thoughtless, lazy appointment of someone with nowhere near enough managerial experience or credentials to manage a club of our size. 

We need to stop with these experiments.

15 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I’d honestly give up on football if we appointed McInnes

The ONLY thing that makes me think he might do well is I can remember Walter suggesting him for the job but that may have been in much darker times and just seen as an upgrade on Pedro or something.

I don’t want Mc Inness but Walter knew more about football than I ever will.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Muscat is 2 and a bit of those. Also a hard man. I don’t know much about his record though. As in how hard it is to win what he’s won.

looks like he finishes the J-league season early December.

1 minute ago, Albeartzzz said:

Muscat is 2 and a bit of those. Also a hard man. I don’t know much about his record though. As in how hard it is to win what he’s won.

looks like he finishes the J-league season early December.

He’s not a hardman, he was a horrible bastard of a player who took liberties. There was nothing hard about him 

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

He’s not a hardman, he was a horrible bastard of a player who took liberties. There was nothing hard about him 

At least more intimidating than Beale.

We need someone that commands respect. Gerrard must have through what he’s achieved in the game.

I don’t remember much of Muscat as a player.

Our issue is there are not many ex players who have won trophy’s or gone in to managing and won things who get it and get us so we will end up going with an untested and tried coach 

Only 1 springs to mind is rino after that I’m struggling to think 

I’m not suggesting he’s the man 

1 hour ago, Albeartzzz said:

The ONLY thing that makes me think he might do well is I can remember Walter suggesting him for the job but that may have been in much darker times and just seen as an upgrade on Pedro or something.

I don’t want Mc Inness but Walter knew more about football than I ever will.

He promoted and suggested Ally as well.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Muscat would be another thoughtless, lazy appointment of someone with nowhere near enough managerial experience or credentials to manage a club of our size. 

We need to stop with these experiments.

Smith had very little managerial experience. As did Souness even Jock Wallace was just at the start of his management career. Thing is, clubs gamble all the time with rookies sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn’t. But I do agree we appear to gamble more than others 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

The cunt retired after deliberately trying to end a young boy’s career in Australia with a “tackle” that was borderline assault. Not to mention the Charlton player who had to get four operations on his leg which was nearly amputated because of the damage that Muscat caused.

Speaks volumes that he wasn’t allowed to play in Old Firm games while here in case he sparked an incident that got out of control. I’m sure I even read that the police had a word about his involvement because of his reputation.

Just a vicious, rotten, horrible bastard.

No level of success at managerial level in Asia can ever pardon his behaviour and conduct in the game. He’s a scumbag who would cause the club all sorts of problems and we’d be taking yet another step back appointing someone as vile as him.

35 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

The cunt retired after deliberately trying to end a young boy’s career in Australia with a “tackle” that was borderline assault. Not to mention the Charlton player who had to get four operations on his leg which was nearly amputated because of the damage that Muscat caused.

Speaks volumes that he wasn’t allowed to play in Old Firm games while here in case he sparked an incident that got out of control. I’m sure I even read that the police had a word about his involvement because of his reputation.

Just a vicious, rotten, horrible bastard.

No level of success at managerial level in Asia can ever pardon his behaviour and conduct in the game. He’s a scumbag who would cause the club all sorts of problems and we’d be taking yet another step back appointing someone as vile as him.

Get the impression you don’t like him much 😆

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Smith had very little managerial experience. As did Souness even Jock Wallace was just at the start of his management career. Thing is, clubs gamble all the time with rookies sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn’t. But I do agree we appear to gamble more than others 

True. However I think the names mentioned were in such a different era that it's a completely different game. The tactics side of the game now requires so much more. Nobody back in the Souness or Wallace era sat in with ten behind the ball for instance. It was hardy bastards going at each other for 90 minutes with hardy bastards waiting for them in the changing room if they didn't.

Our last 3 managers were Gerrard, Beale and Gio. With the exception of the later, there's very little managerial experience and I think it shows.

Ex-players or staff is fine but it only goes so far as Gio and now Beale have shown. You can come into Rangers and fall in love but it'll never be your number 1. 

Unlike Walter or Eck they were never that 10 year old boy thinking in your head and heart that Rangers were the best team in the world. The likes of Gio and Beale only understand professionally that losing to celtic hurts, it doesnt hurt them personally. They dont have their family or friends berating them for losing to Kilmarnock, getting tanked from PSV or losing to celtic.

Now first of all we do need a manager with a clear tactical idea of how he wants us to play. With our squad of attacking players and a shite defence I would hope we would look to one with a pressing and attacking outlook.

Over the last 30 years our most successful managers have been Walter x2, Advocaat and McLeish. The two previously mentioned are true Rangers men. Advocaat was a coach hired for his impressive track record but when he was here he had some true Rangers men close to him that he trusted, especially early on. Ian Ferguson and Gordon Durie who he kept on after Walter left and he and John Greig were very close. There is the story of Ferguson going nuts after the 5-1 loss at parkhead in 98. That is something a new manager, or even the current one, would benefit from. 

Even across the city when postecoglu came in he had kennedy and mcmanus along with 3/4 guys on the park who had been over the course. Postecoglu and Advocaat both had a style that could smash the rest but both did rely on players/staff that knew both clubs properly.