Will the board act or is it too early?

MillerTimeDavie

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Potter’s a decent shout, but if he is successful, we’ll just have him until the 1st EPL club comes looking - just like Gerrard, Rodgers and Postecoglu. But, tbh, I’ll take that, right now.

Correct. Get us up to a level where we are winning again, take the compensation money when he is approached and use it to bring in another manager of similar quality on the understanding that we will not stand in his way should a more attractive job offer be made.

He’ll still be here come the end of the season.

A couple of positive results in Europe and the fact he’s got a free hit at the league cup will paper over the cracks and he’ll have some of the gullible ones in our support back on side in no time.

Seen it all before.

1 minute ago, Helmutschone said:

He's a cockney version of Pedro, totally out of his depth. He can talk a good game but its glaringly obvious that he hasn't got a fucking clue. 

Just waiting on him explaining his tactics with bottles of water, if he has any tactics. Total Del boy level of manager

7 minutes ago, left winger said:

Potter’s a decent shout, but if he is successful, we’ll just have him until the 1st EPL club comes looking - just like Gerrard, Rodgers and Postecoglu. But, tbh, I’ll take that, right now.

Surely the situation whoever the manager is, if they do well?

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

I think these days that's always going to be the case. Managers will always have one eye on the EPL.

Its just means but they will have been successful here first. Something we all badly want.

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

Potter won't work with the group we currently have

We've trusted Beale and he's brought in tall, physical players who aren't technically great, Potter is the complete opposite.

With the squad we have right now, we need a bastard manager who gets us winning, somebody to get the players believing in themselves.

4 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Potter is a total wet wipe. He'd never hack it here

Mental that’s what folk are suggesting 

A spineless manager who’s won nothing and his last 2 clubs have been better off without him 

Oh and he plays shite possession at all costs football 

Probably a shoe in to be our next manager looking at that 

Every previous Rangers board has dithered and prevaricated and practiced their "dignified silence" when it's been so crystal clear that a manager needed punted. Then acted when it was too late and the damage to that particular season was unsalvageable.

I have no great hope this board will be any different.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Anyone wants to send themselves in to an utter rage then have a listen to today's heart and hand post match car pod. Blaming tiredness from Europe, VAR, the ref, talking about Goldson playing well etc. Its absolutely laughable stuff.

Rather have a pneumatic drill in my ears.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Anyone wants to send themselves in to an utter rage then have a listen to today's heart and hand post match car pod. Blaming tiredness from Europe, VAR, the ref, talking about Goldson playing well etc. Its absolutely laughable stuff.

That’s the problem with fan media in the clubs pocket. There is absolutely no one to ask the hard questions and hold these fucking imposters accountable. I’d have pissed myself laughing being in a press conference where Tavernier said he’s happy with his form today and I’d have been right on him with stats about how utterly shit he and the whole back line have been 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

That’s the problem with fan media in the clubs pocket. There is absolutely no one to ask the hard questions and hold these fucking imposters accountable. I’d have pissed myself laughing being in a press conference where Tavernier said he’s happy with his form today and I’d have been right on him with stats about how utterly shit he and the whole back line have been 

I've not heard anything from Tav yet, just expected his usual "obviously very disappointing..."

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Crowd reaction today at the Roofe sub/FT is worse than anything I've seen, maybe some PLG games but that had a feeling of failure from the start.

He doesn't recover from that, Goldson/Tav looked like they expected it but players like Dessers and Lammers looked shocked, like they couldn't believe the amount of stick they got.

A manager won't recover from that, simple as.

I’m glad someone else picked up on it. All about mentality. Almost as if “we’re trying our best get off our backs” “why are they reacting like this” kind of attitude from those 2 and Danilo as well. This is a club built on winning, continuing to sign players who either aren’t used to it or don’t want it is breeding this attitude along with a powderpuff management 

That was yer man who would die on the park apparently, didn’t say boo to their patchwork CBs the full game. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Still listening to it and They're having a go at the support for booing Roofe's substitution as it wasn't fair on dessers now 🙄

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I literally switched it off about two minutes in after Alex (I think that’s his name) started coming out with that pish.

It’s that bad even the Patreon comments and folk on FF are ripping into him.

14 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Crowd reaction today at the Roofe sub/FT is worse than anything I've seen, maybe some PLG games but that had a feeling of failure from the start.

He doesn't recover from that, Goldson/Tav looked like they expected it but players like Dessers and Lammers looked shocked, like they couldn't believe the amount of stick they got.

A manager won't recover from that, simple as.

Any videos?