Underrated players from yesteryear

2 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Keane is starting to get underrated as well, people think he was just a hard man but his short range passing was always on point. And he was a great box to box midfielder when he was younger

Not good enough to overcome the powerhouse that is Clyde

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So do you think he was underrated?

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So do you think he was underrated?

Around that time, Stoichkov, Platini & Hagi were the best midfielders in the game. Far from underrated. In fact, he was a world-renowned star!

23 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Nesta. Often overshadowed by Cannavaro at the time but fucking hell he was some centre back.

How can you criticise someone for picking Batistuta then go and say Nesta :lol:

He's widely considered one of the best defenders ever. 4 time Serie A defender of the year, 4 time UEFA team of the year, World 11 multiple times, nominated for the Ballon d'Or multiple times, one of only 11 Italian players in the hall of fame, AC Milan HoF.

Underrated :lol:

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Although considered a good player, I always thought Riquelme never got to the accolades Zidane and Ballack were getting at the time.

Riquelme did the classic South American thing of being unbelievable for a 2-3 year period then drastically dropping off and ending up back in SA.

If he did it over 6-7+ years I think we would have been talked about in far greater terms.

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Riquelme did the classic South American thing of being unbelievable for a 2-3 year period then drastically dropping off and ending up back in SA.

If he did it over 6-7+ years I think we would have been talked about in far greater terms.

I agree, bur for a small time period he was as good as anyone and that makes him underestimated for me.

7 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

This cunt for Dundee.

Always thought he was really good and surprised he never ended up coming to us or them.

Went to watch Dundee a handful of times in the Bonetti era.

The one guy who stood out for me in that Dundee team was Nemsadze.

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

Went to watch Dundee a handful of times in the Bonetti era.

The one guy who stood out for me in that Dundee team was Nemsadze.

They had a few players who stood out I think.

Obviously Ravanelli and Cannegia being the obvious ones, but then you had guys like Ketsbaia, Nemsadze.

Up front I always thought Caballero was the stand out. Think another guy Juan Sara?? Might have got most of the plaudits and if I'm right moved to Celtic but hardly featured.

They also had a keeper who was in the Argentina squad for the world cup whilst being registered with them!!! 

What a fucking mad period.

Richardo Fuller was also at hearts at around the same time, what a player he was and was surprised we never went for him.

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Obviously Ravanelli and Cannegia being the obvious ones, but then you had guys like Ketsbaia, Nemsadze.

Up front I always thought Caballero was the stand out. Think another guy Juan Sara?? Might have got most of the plaudits and if I'm right moved to Celtic but hardly featured.

They also had a keeper who was in the Argentina squad for the world cup whilst being registered with them!!! 

Richardo Fuller was also at hearts at around the same time, what a player he was and was surprised we never went for him.

The Marr brothers were fucking mental. Shady as they come. Speroni was their keeper, also had Khizanishvilli at the back :lol:

37 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Don’t think any of their players went to Celtic but they did sign David Fernandez from Livi.