Underrated players from yesteryear

Just in the Buffon thread we were talking about players that played for Parma and I brought up how I thought Alain Boghossian was a severely underrated player.

Benoit Cauet would be another one for me, no idea how he never got at least a single cap for France.

What are everyone's favourite underrated players from yesteryear?

Was obviously rated by us and BD but I always found it absurd that Klos never got even a single full cap.

A bit more on topic, feel Mikhailichenko tends to get a wee bit forgotten by us, quite enjoyed him as a player until he got chucked aside when Laudrup came in, not to say I didn't enjoy him too.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rosicky.

Carrick seems to be getting more attention these days, but he’s often overlooked.

Two good shouts.

Rosicky was class but injury prone. Will be at Ibrox in a few weeks.

Man Utd don't win three in a row from 07-09 if they don't sign Carrick.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aron Winter would be another one that probably didn't get enough recognition despite how good he was.

Always thought witschge was underrated.

he might not have been cause I can’t remember but that ajax team were riddled with superstars and he did always seem to be a bit under the radar compared to the rest 

51 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

he might not have been cause I can’t remember but that ajax team were riddled with superstars and he did always seem to be a bit under the radar compared to the rest 

Rob or Richard? I remember Richard more, he was quite tidy. I can't really remember seeing Rob Witschge play.

12 hours ago, RFC55 said:

That Ajax team in 95 might well be the best club side ever assembled until Barca at their prime. 

Beckham genuinely gets underrated as a player because of his fame. Keane is starting to get underrated as well, people think he was just a hard man but his short range passing was always on point. And he was a great box to box midfielder when he was younger. Sheringham was a great player as well.

Players like Totti, Del Piero and Raul don’t really get talked about anymore despite being world class. Mendieta, Rui Costa as well were class acts.

I think Maicon gets underrated because of what Bale did against him. And because he wasn’t quite Dani Alves, but he was a superb RB for a good number of years.

Other random ones are Clint Dempsey, Sami Khedira, Lucio.

5 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Beckham genuinely gets underrated as a player because of his fame. Keane is starting to get underrated as well, people think he was just a hard man but his short range passing was always on point. And he was a great box to box midfielder when he was younger. Sheringham was a great player as well.

Players like Totti, Del Piero and Raul don’t really get talked about anymore despite being world class. Mendieta, Rui Costa as well were class acts.

I think Maicon gets underrated because of what Bale did against him. And because he wasn’t quite Dani Alves, but he was a superb RB for a good number of years.

Other random ones are Clint Dempsey, Sami Khedira, Lucio.

Probably now seen as products of their time, although i do think they would still be world class in today's game. Rui Costa was superb. 

Could maybe add Baggio to that list too.