***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Says a lot about Beale that the first goal came from a guy he’s had benched until now, and the other goal came from someone he was trying to punt in the summer.

I could forgive a crap performance like that if it was the exception, unfortunately for us it’s the norm.

My only hope for Thursday is that Betis have an off night or can’t be arsed with the Europa League, otherwise it could be a painful one.

Very surprised if Betis don’t beat us on Thursday 

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's OK to be pleased we won 😄

Yup. And most people are happy we won albeit still not convinced after another below average performance.

It's also OK to be realistic and point out our football is fucking turgid pish and we looked pish against bottom of the league. The manager doesn't know whether to shit or wind his watch.

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yup. And most people are happy we won albeit still not convinced after another below average performance.

It's also OK to be realistic and point out our football is fucking turgid pish and we looked pish against bottom of the league. The manager doesn't know whether to shit or wind his watch.

It's turgid, and I've not changed my mind on thinking Beale's time shouldve been ended by the Boatd.. But it wasnt and the time to hark on about it isn't on a day we won, especially if you're someone who has previously claimed winning is all that matters.

Seems some are sitting eagerly awaiting the next opportunity to attack because even a run of wins will change nothing. Personally, I'll enjoy the win, hope but doubt Beale wins each game til the next international break (not convinved we'll beat Betis), and see where we are then.

10 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Well he's not done as he's still here. We won today, it seems like folk aren't happy.

Personally I'd be delighted if he won every game this next block til the next international break. Maybe you'd not be so pleased.

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Prove it. 

Prove that maybe you'd not be so pleased. Prove a "maybe" comment? Prove something based on a potential future situation?  Heard it all now 🤣🤣🤣

Though you do seem angry or aggrieved on a day we won 🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Depends on the run I suppose. A decent run followed by another OF loss, and it changes nothing. A good run including OF win, that leads to the title then that changes everything obviously.

The latter just isn’t going to happen though. 

This notion that people want us to lose to give them an RM ‘get it up ye’ opportunity, or to give them another reason to have a go at Beale is a nonsense.

I'm looking at it in the context of a block of runs til the international break.

I've only seen one poster actually wanting us to lose, cant recall who it was, not sure I've said there's more than that.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Prove that maybe you'd not be so pleased. Prove a "maybe" comment? Prove something based on a potential future situation?  Heard it all now 🤣🤣🤣

Though you do seem angry or aggrieved on a day we won 🤣🤣🤣

Genuinely talking out your bare arse now. 

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's turgid, and I've not changed my mind on thinking Beale's time shouldve been ended by the Boatd.. But it wasnt and the time to hark on about it isn't on a day we won, especially if you're someone who has previously claimed winning is all that matters.

Seems some are sitting eagerly awaiting the next opportunity to attack because even a run of wins will change nothing. Personally, I'll enjoy the win, hope but doubt Beale wins each game til the next international break (not convinved we'll beat Betis), and see where we are then.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I think people are right to hark on about us now. Most people were looking for a better response than what we got. People are looking for stability and a performance showing that things have gelled. A performance where we show that we have a system that creates chances and gives us confidence that we are finally getting this team Beale promised who would "let the breaks off". Were still not seeing that and it's worrying we created so little against such a poor side.

12 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Says a lot about Beale that the first goal came from a guy he’s had benched until now, and the other goal came from someone he was trying to punt in the summer.

I could forgive a crap performance like that if it was the exception, unfortunately for us it’s the norm. Play like that against a half-decent side and we drop points. St. Johnstone are fucking awful, I’ve no idea how they walked away from Parkhead with a point.

The late goal we scored papers over the fact we dropped right out of the game for long periods, and in those periods better teams have taken advantage (PSV and celtic). Even in supposedly “comfortable” victories like Livi at home and Ross County away, we had lengthy spells of doing fuck all and being fortunate not to concede.

My only hope for Thursday is that Betis have an off night or can’t be arsed with the Europa League, otherwise it could be a painful one.

You're a dick.

We lose - you moan.

We win - you moan.

Do you even know where Ibrox is?

26 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

You're a dick.

We lose - you moan.

We win - you moan.

Do you even know where Ibrox is?

You’ve rumbled me, I’ve no idea where Ibrox is.

Got a season ticket in CD2, been to every European away game for the past few years (including Seville), already booked up Cyprus, Prague and Seville (again) and came back from Perth yesterday.

Would be interested to know how many games you’ve been to in the past few years, compared to a “dick” like me?

17 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

You’ve rumbled me, I’ve no idea where Ibrox is.

Got a season ticket in CD2, been to every European away game for the past few years (including Seville), already booked up Cyprus, Prague and Seville (again) and came back from Perth yesterday.

Would be interested to know how many games you’ve been to in the past few years, compared to a “dick” like me?

Glory hunter imo

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Bet you'll still go to cup finals at Hampden. If you know where that is....

Only if we get Celtic, if it’s one of those other clubs that play in the league I’m not interested.

Of course I know where Hampden is, I went to a Gerry Cinnamon concert there.