Dessers

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Must piss refs off too.

well that cunt tonight wasn't giving us anything, 4 blatant fouls you'll ever likely to see nearly cost us giving away more goals in the process......but anyways i'm seriously done with that useless bastard up front, gimmie a uninterested, unfit alfie any day of the week over that pile of shite that calls himself a center forward.

8 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

well that cunt tonight wasn't giving us anything, 4 blatant fouls you'll ever likely to see nearly cost us......but anyways i'm seriously done with that useless bastard up front, gimmie a uninterested, unfit alfie any day of the week over that pile of shite that calls himself a center forward.

I was one of Alfie's biggest fans but the uninterested and unfit Alfie of his final season with us must have the poorest scoring record of any main Rangers striker with just 12 goals in 45 appearances. I'd love Alfie as no 9 (or no 20) right now but not the uninterested and unfit version. 

6 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Where are we getting that sort of striker at this level on our budget? We lucked out on Morelos at £1M but we all agreed that peak Morelos was probably worth about £20M and we don't have that sort of money. Not even close. Dessers scores enough goals domestically which is our bread and butter so well down the list of priorities.

Our captain I agree with though as he is being repeatedly exposed both domestically and in Europe. His legs are nowhere near what they used to be but sadly that goal at the back post tonight was the same goal we've seen Tav concede again and again across his entire career as club captain. Sorry to shove this cliche down his throat but he's not fucking learning from it. It's the same ball across the goal seen countless times before. 

Mobility is not a nice to have for a striker it is a must. Granted we could not afford peak Alfie however we had a much easier player to service in sakala and let him go. If we Improved on just some of the criteria we would improve. Even domestically, dessers is not good enough. 

6 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Not great tonight but didn't exactly get much service. Our crossing has been diabolical for a while now. The CB he was up against was obviously a decent player as well. Don't think he's our biggest issue.

It is very hard to provide service to someone without pace, who is not good in the air etc. He is too limited to be of use to a team at our level. Even domestically. Bin. As soon as possible.

Not great going forward but looked about the only player with any desire to really track back.  He’s lacking the quality we need but was surviving on scraps mostly last night our final ball and decision making were typically atrocious 

Got precious little service, bit did precious little with what he got. Rare is the time we have 3 and 4 players attacking the box, so there's always one on him and one very close, at least. 

We all want better than him, but better around him would make a big difference.

Fed up talking about Dessers. He isn't good enough.

He is what he is. He'll go through little purple patches where he scores a few, and have games where he is dreadful.

Last night showed his limitations. He is quite a cumbersome player, who is not effective at leading the line, creating gaps with off the ball movement or bringing others into play.

3 hours ago, left winger said:

Got precious little service, bit did precious little with what he got. Rare is the time we have 3 and 4 players attacking the box, so there's always one on him and one very close, at least. 

We all want better than him, but better around him would make a big difference.

We want better in the whole team but realistically that cant be done all at the same time as we are building a team that need to get to know each other and work together. So if we deal with the front three , who should be changed first?  For me it is dessers. Does not need to be a world beater. Anyone with pace, a shot and a aerial threat would be a start. It does not need to be big money to easily be better than what we have imho. 

It feels like we are back where we were with boyd but without the confidence he can at least score against dross.

1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

We want better in the whole team but realistically that cant be done all at the same time as we are building a team that need to get to know each other and work together. So if we deal with the front three , who should be changed first?  For me it is dessers. Does not need to be a world beater. Anyone with pace, a shot and a aerial threat would be a start. It does not need to be big money to easily be better than what we have imho. 

It feels like we are back where we were with boyd but without the confidence he can at least score against dross.

That’s fair enough. If you want to radically improve your front line, you’re probably going to start with the number 9. I would be happy with Dessers as our second choice striker, though. Cerny doesn’t look up to it - I’d rather have had McCausland on, and I’ve hardly ever seen him go past a player. And I don’t think Cerny’s  done anything  much to suggest he’s a decent back up. Jury out on Bajrami, for me. As for Matondo and Danilo, the least said the better.