Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

Welcome PC to the Rangers. You have your work cut out with this bunch who look as if they have downed tools. The fans want you to win but know what you face; you have nothing but our best wishes.

Not sure he’ll read this mate 

Saying good things. If he's watched every game this season and still wanted to take the job that can only be a good thing. He needs to get the most out of these players - because, selling Butland aside, funding another rebuild is probably off the cards. There's definitely more in the team than we have seen. Dessers, for example, can't possibly be THAT bad - hopefully Beale just made him bad.. or is that optimism kicking in and we had stevie wonder scouting for us

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

He must have an awful lot of confidence in his own ability which can only be a good thing. He certainly aint frightened of a challenge thats for sure.

You can tell by listening to him he has a lot of self belief without him sounding like a bell end.

there was no ‘hopefully’ or ‘we’ll see how we get on’. He talked in absolutes.

that clear thinking and straight talking should result in an upturn in the product on the field with players knowing exactly what their role(s) are.

Reckon he could also turn into a psycho in the dressing room at half time if things aren’t going to plan in a game.

Finally, I’m excited for this season. 

4 minutes ago, Graham said:

Saying good things. If he's watched every game this season and still wanted to take the job that can only be a good thing. He needs to get the most out of these players - because, selling Butland aside, funding another rebuild is probably off the cards. There's definitely more in the team than we have seen. Dessers, for example, can't possibly be THAT bad - hopefully Beale just made him bad.. or is that optimism kicking in and we had stevie wonder scouting for us

Dessers scored twice in 6 games against Club Brugge when they were managed by Clement. He must know what the lad can offer.

9 hours ago, Amokachi said:

Welcome & best of luck.  

Any word on backroom staff as imo we need at least one highly respected Scottish coach in there with him.  

Fair comment, but I think the days of it having to be a Scot are in the past. Would be happy just to have a good solid no nonsense coach. A good Rangers man would do me....Davis must be a great shout. 

Just now, Graham said:

regardless if he knows, its surely more than we are getting. 

Beale played cantwell everywhere in midfield, cifuentes on the right, Danilo on the left, Scott wright in central midfield……./I’m genuinely shocked he knew how to put his shoes on!

I think if clement has already studied the game footage he’ll have a fair idea of where things are going wrong. I fully expect to see a 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1 diamond be used with fullbacks sitting further back so we aren’t so open and having two strikers playing alongside one another.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Beale played cantwell everywhere in midfield, cifuentes on the right, Danilo on the left, Scott wright in central midfield……./I’m genuinely shocked he knew how to put his shoes on!

I think if clement has already studied the game footage he’ll have a fair idea of where things are going wrong. I fully expect to see a 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1 diamond be used with fullbacks sitting further back so we aren’t so open and having two strikers playing alongside one another.

If we play 4-4-2 can see Tav being used wide right until January.