***** The Official Rangers v Sparta Prague Europa League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I just messaged him saying that all he is doing is gaining European experience for when he gets killie into Europe as their last debacle in Europe left a lot to get desired:lol:

Was that when they were pumped out by a Welsh team IIRC?

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Do you honestly see talent there mate? I don't see anything. 

He hides when we're in position, he's lazy in the press and his general play when he does rarely get involved is just appalling. 

I hate to be so harsh on him or any Rangers player after another good win, but I'm worried he's a blind spot for Clement. 

Unfortunately no, if he dies have any it is buried deep so I hope Phil can get it out of him cause we couldn't give him away for free at this rate. 

Just look at wee McCausland, already shown 100× more than that waste of money. Looks like one if the worst players we have signed in my lifetime and I'm even talking about the players we had when we were in division 3. 

It's even more infuriating when we have let a player like Lowry go out on loan when we have wasted millions on that amateur.  Imagine we had wee Lowry playing for Phil instead of Lammers. 

We would be creating at least twice the amount of chances per game as we are at the moment and we are creating a lot at the moment and he looks like a man down. 

If we weren't winning games I could see a lot of verbal getting thrown at him and Dessers.  Both have been a complete let down. Especially when you look at who we sold to bring this shit in. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Do you honestly see talent there mate? I don't see anything. 

He hides when we're in position, he's lazy in the press and his general play when he does rarely get involved is just appalling. 

I hate to be so harsh on him or any Rangers player after another good win, but I'm worried he's a blind spot for Clement. 

You just have to trust Clement that he sees something the rest of us can’t.

He’s worse than a man down because of the number of times he gives the ball away.

Clement perseveres with him and, because he’s done so much right for us in such a short time, I feel obliged to trust his judgment but, by fuck, even the seemingly endless chances Lammers keeps getting must be running out.

For me, we need to play McCausland and move Cantwell into his natural position.

3 minutes ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Unfortunately no, if he dies have any it is buried deep so I hope Phil can get it out of him cause we couldn't give him away for free at this rate. 

Just look at wee McCausland, already shown 100× more than that waste of money. Looks like one if the worst players we have signed in my lifetime and I'm even talking about the players we had when we were in division 3. 

It's even more infuriating when we have let a player like Lowry go out on loan when we have wasted millions on that amateur.  Imagine we had wee Lowry playing for Phil instead of Lammers. 

We would be creating at least twice the amount of chances per game as we are at the moment and we are creating a lot at the moment and he looks like a man down. 

If we weren't winning games I could see a lot of verbal getting thrown at him and Dessers.  Both have been a complete let down. Especially when you look at who we sold to bring this shit in. 

The same Lowry who is in and out of the Hearts team?

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

You just have to trust Clement that he sees something the rest of us can’t.

He’s worse than a man down because of the number of times he gives the ball away.

Clement perseveres with him and, because he’s done so much right for us in such a short time, I feel obliged to trust his judgment but, by fuck, even the seemingly endless chances Lammers keeps getting must be running out.

For me, we need to play McCausland and move Cantwell into his natural position.

Spot on. Only reason I can think of why he keeps starting before McCausland is that Phil has been told to play him so he's in the shop window. 

I would genuinely take him going on a free in January and then we bring Lowry back. 

Would Lowry be eligible to play for us in the europa? With him playing for Hearts in the same competition or does that only count for group games?

57 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. First half I thought we were really good and should have scored 4. Second half we were poor. Criticism…too many missed chances and no idea why Lammers was not subbed much sooner. Anyway I’m delighted with the win. Well done Rangers 

I wanted Lammers subbed sooner too. It just wasn't working for him.

He has been coming into a game recently but poor performance  tonight.

The atmosphere sounded absolutely  fantastic on the TV btw.

Good manager + motivated players + the Ibrox noise = victory.

:thumbsup:

Thought that was a very accomplished performance for 60-65mins and we probably should have been out of sight by then.

Tailed off a little and we became quite sloppy, think you could see the limitations of the central three of Jack, Lundstram and Lammers - and the fact we didn't really have any quality to come off the bench to freshen that area up.

That said, the last Sparta game at Ibrox was sort of similar in that it became nervy towards the end. They're a decent side. 

Just frustrating that we had that stupid result in Cyprus that undone the hard work of the Betis home game, it will likely define how this group ends.

Also enjoyed the ball boys mugging their players off and their wee bitch goalkeeper throwing a tantrum. Get it up ye Sparta ya rotten cunts.

11 minutes ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Spot on. Only reason I can think of why he keeps starting before McCausland is that Phil has been told to play him so he's in the shop window. 

I would genuinely take him going on a free in January and then we bring Lowry back. 

Would Lowry be eligible to play for us in the europa? With him playing for Hearts in the same competition or does that only count for group games?

Hearts weren’t in the Europa 

Sam Lammers is really good out of possession and his positional sense is excellent, which is probably why Clement is persisting with him in that role - it’s a manager’s dream having a player who knows where to be on the pitch at any given time. It’s massively limiting our attacking output though and taking away from Cantwell being more influential in his natural position. 

That won’t translate well to people watching at home on TV btw, where Lammers will just come across as shite because the rare times you see him will be when he’s placing a pass 3 yards behind a player on the run or just generally losing possession doing something weird.