Ryan Jack

Kingbilly1872

We used to all moan when Jack & Lundstram were in the same starting 11, but somehow Clement has them playing attacking, flowing football.

I remember reading a crazy stat about Jack a couple of years ago that we rarely lose when he starts.

He's not flashy, but he gets the job done when 100% fit.

He’s been a tidy enough player and when fit done a decent job in our system. But if there’s no good ball player next to him/Lundstrum like Davis or Kamara at their best. Or we don’t have a firing front 3 then our whole play has become so slow and turgid.

Biggest difference between us and celtic imo has been the midfield 3. 

Lundstrum has looked better though. Simple play like for Lammers Dundee goal where he drives past his man and zips the ball in forward. Haven’t seen Jack do that in some time. Tends to want to take everything with his back to goal first now.

On 05/11/2023 at 20:12, Kingbilly1872 said:

Is it just me or is he not getting the credit that he probably should be. 

It seems at least that we always play better when he's playing. 

Just look at the last 3 games, then think back to the times when he isn't injured for long periods, I know there isn't many, but when he isn't in the team, we seem to struggle. 

I know he doesn't stand out too much, but it can't be denied that we do better when he is fit. 

Surely can't be just coincidence?

Thought this guy was impressive again tonight. Will be tough for Raskin to get back in the team at this rate, also as good a chance of Jack getting injured too though which is unfortunate 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Improvement in him and Lundstram, but neither are good enough imo. 

Should release both in the summer 

If Jack can stay fit, I don't see why we couldn't get him to hopefully sign a 1yr rolling contract. We need senior players who know all about us, as being one of us. 

If he wasn't as injury prone as he is, I reckon he would take that armband off Tav in a minute. 

Lundstrum can leave if anyone wants him as far as I'm concerned. 

7 hours ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

If Jack can stay fit, I don't see why we couldn't get him to hopefully sign a 1yr rolling contract. We need senior players who know all about us, as being one of us. 

If he wasn't as injury prone as he is, I reckon he would take that armband off Tav in a minute. 

Lundstrum can leave if anyone wants him as far as I'm concerned. 

Fuck giving over the hill players another year on the back of a couple of decent performances. We need to learn from the likes of Davis and learn to move on. 

We have a natural successor in young Rice. He should be getting more game time this season to then eventually step in permanently.

Think we are witnessing a bit of a renaissance for Jack - good to see him holding his own in the midfield and contributing to the team but it will certainly be his final season with the club.  Hes noticably slower and I doubt his fitness will allow him to continue these kind of minutes.

The issue with Jack has always been his fitness not his ability.

It’ll be huge boost for us if he does avoid anymore injuries this season.

Last night Jack and Lundstram played very well together, protected the defence helping limit Prague to very few chances and also linked up well with the forwards.

If he can stay fit under Clement any talk of getting rid of him will disappear. 

Don’t really have a problem with offering him a new deal on lower wages. He’d be a good squad player who you can rely on to do a job and ticks the home quota box.

But he should be nowhere near our best 11 for next season if we’re serious about improving and winning the league.

I don’t really worry about Jack at Ibrox in Europe. The games a bit more open and it suits his game.

But we need someone with quality who can do it away at Parkhead and take the ball under pressure. 

Or have the ability to get us playing fast when we need to break down the dross away. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Think both he and Lundstram have upped their game significantly.

Lundstram looked a bit of a powerhouse again, and really quick at times - which I never thought I’d say!

I gave Jack a bit of a hard team earlier in the week on here but thought he was very good last night.