*****The Official Rangers v St Mirren Match Thread*****

7 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Folk getting their knickers in a twist because they think Cantwell is the golden boy and booing our manager are part of the problem then.

Clement will decide what is best.

A petulant lad not following instructions isn't the be all and end all of his Rangers career.

A winner that wants to win, anyone else will be left behind.

You’re kidding yourself on if you think this is just a Cantwell thing.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I contributed. Your opinion was shite.

No it wasn't. My opinion was valid. 

If we're going to get into another situation where people back players over the manager, what's the point in changing the manager?

The man has standards and ways of doing things, he will do that regardless.

He handled the Cantwell situation how he saw fit, supporters should back him on that. 

If not, and nothing changes, this squad sees another manager sacked, and we sit in the same boat we've been in, so aye excuse me for writing off your "contribution".

Just now, Loyal72 said:

No it wasn't. My opinion was valid. 

If we're going to get into another situation where people back players over the manager, what's the point in changing the manager?

The man has standards and ways of doing things, he will do that regardless.

He handled the Cantwell situation how he saw fit, supporters should back him on that. 

If not, and nothing changes, this squad sees another manager sacked, and we sit in the same boat we've been in, so aye excuse me for writing off your "contribution".

It’s got fuck all to do with backing Cantwell over Clement. It’s got more to do with thinking Cifuentes and Lammers were on another level of shite and should’ve been nowhere near the pitch before, or after that sub.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s got fuck all to do with backing Cantwell over Clement. It’s got more to do with thinking Cifuentes and Lammers were on another level of shite and should’ve been nowhere near the pitch before, or after that sub.

Neither of them cost a goal. Neither of them were showboating while being crap. 

Cantwell deserved to be hooked.

The only real gripe people could have is that Lammers and Cifuentes should've came off at the same time.

Clement was spot on other than that.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I think that Cifu and Lammers staying on is also a damning indictment of what Clemente thinks about the depth of the squad and what we had on the bench. 

9 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Because only Cantwell was showboating in an important game at 0-0 and then cost us a goal.

Stop mollycoddling him, he was shite.

Clement probably looked rattled, because he was, at the shite performance we all just witnessed.

I don’t see anyone mollycoddling Cantwell, the vast majority of fans thought he was poor.

Why did PC say Sima was struggling due to having a new baby, Cifuentes is struggling with form, McCausland needs protected etc but when the question is raised about Lammers he doesn’t talk about individuals?

He also mentioned xG against Aberdeen to suggest we should have got more out of the game, when Beale pulled that out this place went mental, rightly so.

To be clear, I like what PC has done so far with a poor and underperforming squad but what he doesn’t need is to give himself unnecessary problems, the players will do that for him.

We have came out of a break and produced the two worst performances under PC since he came in when I would have hoped with the hectic schedule he had a bit of space in the training ground would see us kick on further not take a step back, here’s hoping it’s temporary and we are back to winning ways today.

4 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

The only real gripe people could have is that Lammers and Cifuentes should've came off at the same time.

If it was for the goal he’d have been off straight away but he wasn’t.

They were the two worst players on the park.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think that Cifu and Lammers staying on is also a damning indictment of what Clemente thinks about the depth of the squad and what we had on the bench. 

Could easily have played Lawrence ahead of either. Would rather have King ahead of Cifuentes too.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

It’s not.

Clement made a cunt of starting line up and if he really had anything about him he’d have hooked Lammers and Cantwell for Lawrence and McCausland. 

Lammers lasted 55 minutes ffs. 

The worry now is Clement digs his heels in and persists with Lammers due to Stubborness. If he does then he’ll be fighting a losing battle with the fans.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Could easily have played Lawrence ahead of either. Would rather have King ahead of Cifuentes too.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s not.

Clement made a cunt of starting line up and if he really had anything about him he’d have hooked Lammers and Cantwell for Lawrence and McCausland. 

Lammers lasted 55 minutes ffs. 

The worry now is Clement digs his heels in and persists with Lammers due to Stubborness. If he does then he’ll be fighting a losing battle with the fans.

I agree that i would have started others ahead of Lammers and Cifu, but he appears to want players to be able to contribute fitness wise for a full 90, which is why i think he's easing Lawrence back in.

McCausland i think it's just about taking time to blood a youngster into the team (and for me he should be starting on the right more often than not as he is a more natural fit for that position).

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Clement gave Cantwell specific instructions, at the time he gave the ball away for their goal, he was currently ignoring those instructions and cutting through the middle.

He done it again two or three minutes later.

So now he's ignored instructions multiple times and cost a goal.

It's quite easy to see why Clement pulled the trigger on Cantwell first.

Lammers was shite, absolutely no doubt - but he was following instructions and at least being where he was supposed to be.

The fact that he won a competition to be a footballer is another matter.

The Cantwell substitution seems like a knee jerk reaction from the manager in hindsight tbh. It’s like he got annoyed his instructions weren’t being followed and because a goal came immediately after Cantwell losing possession out of position he subbed him

The alternative is he thought keeping Lammers on in the centre of the park and subbing Cantwell was a good idea which is honestly horrifying to consider 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I agree that i would have started others ahead of Lammers and Cifu, but he appears to want players to be able to contribute fitness wise for a full 90, which is why i think he's easing Lawrence back in.

McCausland i think it's just about taking time to blood a youngster into the team (and for me he should be starting on the right more often than not as he is a more natural fit for that position).

It’s past the stage of justifying Lammers starting now.

He should be done.

12 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

It’s not so much about hooking Cantwell, he’s well within his rights to if he’s not following instructions.

It’s all about persisting with Lammers when he’s utter dug shit.

By all means bench Cantwell, as long as it’s Lawrence in the 10 role.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s not so much about hooking Cantwell, he’s well within his rights to if he’s not following instructions.

It’s all about persisting with Lammers when he’s utter dug shit.

By all means bench Cantwell, as long as it’s Lawrence in the 10 role.

He's been pissed because Cantwell was ignoring instructions and it's cost a goal.

That's the crux of it.

Whether or not he was just being stubborn or blind to Lammers is something we'll find out in time, if he persists with him or not.

If we lose Cantwell and he persists in playing Lammers he will find himself come under quite a level of heat the next time there’s a bad result

It’ll be incredibly unfortunate if that happens because I like him and I think we are improving, but we are at a stage of near insanity with this Lammers thing 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The Cantwell substitution seems like a knee jerk reaction from the manager in hindsight tbh. It’s like he got annoyed his instructions weren’t being followed and because a goal came immediately after Cantwell losing possession out of position he subbed him

The alternative is he thought keeping Lammers on in the centre of the park and subbing Cantwell was a good idea which is honestly horrifying to consider 

If he pulled Cantwell off to make the point that the players follow his instructions or don't play, then he couldn't really take Lammers off at that point.  

That said, I doubt his instructions to Lammers were "play really shite" so you could argue he wasn't following instructions either 

1 minute ago, Cooperson said:

His attempted "shot" when he missed it completely and it hit his other leg, was the final straw for me

He just gets in the way of other players constantly and i’m fucking sick of the camera panning to him and he always looks like he’s wondering if he turned off the oven before he left the house.