*****The Official Rangers v St Mirren Match Thread*****

42 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

She booked the panto for the 17th December, told her that's the cup final and I'm going, she's not delighted at this but tbf she didn't put up too much of an argument, fuck missing that for that pantomime pish.

You will be at a panto either way.

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Hard to pick a team.

Tav has been howling lately. Sterling hasn't had a decent game for us yet. Goldson, Davies, Souttar and Balogun don't inspire any confidence. Yilmaz is terrible, and then you have no idea what Borna will turn up.

Lundstram seems to be back in his middling form. Cifuentes is a walking footballer. Jack perma-injured.

Lammers hopeless, Lawrence has been poor the past two games and isn't full fit, Cantwell needs taking down a peg and dropped.

McCausland is playing well and taking his chance when he gets it but is limited. Matondo had a good cameo against Aberdeen but was terrible last night. 

Roofe has had one decent game this season. Danilo isn't clinical enough. Dessers lol.

Michael Beale should be indicted for crimes against humanity.

Sima was dreadful last night too. Also, the manager picks square pegs for round holes, and repeatedly picks under performers when there's other options available.

Other than your post and this, its all good 😂

49 minutes ago, King Jela said:

.             Butland

Tav.  Goldson.  Balogun.  Barisic

Lundstram.  Lawrence 

McCausland.  Cantwell.     Sima 

Danilo 

What id want but he will play Lammers and Cifuentes again unfortunately I think 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

.             Butland

Tav.  Goldson.  Balogun.  Barisic

Lundstram.  Lawrence 

McCausland.  Cantwell.     Sima 

Danilo 

Probably our strongest 11 right now….and it’s fuckin depressing ! 

37 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What id want but he will play Lammers and Cifuentes again unfortunately I think 

Asking for trouble if he persists with them, he needs to take the players out of the firing line for a bit as well tbh, we must be getting close to names booed when lineup is read out. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Asking for trouble if he persists with them, he needs to take the players out of the firing line for a bit as well tbh, we must be getting close to names booed when lineup is read out. 

An absolute durty fucker like O’Halloran would’ve deserved that, not anyone else imo.  

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sima was dreadful last night too. Also, the manager picks square pegs for round holes, and repeatedly picks under performers when there's other options available.

Other than your post and this, its all good 😂

Sima finally beating his man, getting clear into the 18 yard box, then walking over the ball and losing it behind him last night is the epitome of his season and apparently quality. Never a Brighton player.

5 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

An absolute durty fucker like O’Halloran would’ve deserved that, not anyone else imo.  

Aye I wouldn’t do it myself can see it happening with Lammers, Cifuentes or Dessers if they keep getting picked, thankfully he seems to have figured Dessers out pretty quickly so hopefully Lammers and Cifuentes are next. 

Early days but the last 2 performances we’ve looked so easy to defend against again. 

The lack of real wingers is killing us. The sheep and Aris just showed us inside time and time again.

I think he might resort to throwing Tav a bit higher again to give us more attacking threat. 

4 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Probably our strongest 11 right now….and it’s fuckin depressing ! 

You are right, it really is depressing, especially as Lawrence has been very poor in the time he has been on the pitch. Cantwell  has been mediocre since the start of the season, not just the last few weeks. Our squad is turgid when you look at how our regular and back up players perform. When a youngster comes on and shows up the so called stars maybe time to make hard and honest decisions about our signings over the past two years.

Butland, Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Yilmaz, Lumdstram, Cantwell, McCausland, Lawrence, Sima and Danilo.

The 4 behind Danilo I wouldn't want any set positions just let them find space and go across the park. Lawrence can play all across those 3 positions behind the striker and McCausland looks like he can do similar. Cantwell should have a free role anyway due to his creativity and Sima rarely gets a shot off the right hand side where I think he could cause damage. 

Thursday we looked really predictable and barely moved Aris at all out with McCausland. Get the ball into Danilo more and let those 4 work off him.