*****The Official Rangers v St Mirren Match Thread*****

41 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

What potential sanctions? There isn't strict liability in Scotland, there aren't any approved sanctions that the supporters fear.

The club stated there are “potential sanctions” if it continues. Not my words. 
Let’s face it, the powers at be will change the rules or implement new ones in order to punish us. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Depends what he’s shown since, but seems crazy to oust him when we’ve got dug shit starting ahead of him. 

Aye it really depends on how Cantwell has reacted in training since Thursday. Hopefully he's knuckled down and realised its more about the team and less about him as an individual. Not holding my breath though. 

3 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

The club stated there are “potential sanctions” if it continues. Not my words. 
Let’s face it, the powers at be will change the rules or implement new ones in order to punish us. 

Empty words, and the supporters know it. Look at the responses to it.

31 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Wouldn't count on Cantwell featuring again.

I get why people think this but we can’t rely on Lawrence being the 10 and if the manager was to pick Lammers over Cantwell he would face a shitstorm from fans.

Cantwell needs to buck up ideas but the manager also has to draw a line under this.

Butland

Tav         Goldson       Balogun      Barisic

Cifuentes Lundstram

McCausland       ??????                 Sima

Danilo

I think this will be probably be the team. Not sure who plays as the 10 though, Lammers, Cantwell or Lawrence. Probably Lawrence. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I get why people think this but we can’t rely on Lawrence being the 10 and if the manager was to pick Lammers over Cantwell he would face a shitstorm from fans.

Cantwell needs to buck up ideas but the manager also has to draw a line under this.

I agree with this but depends on how Cantwell has reacted in training. If his attitude has been poor since Thursday then we couldn't blame the manager if he doesn't start.

Today's lineup should be telling. I think he puts Cantwell in behind Danilo. 

He obviously had to send a message to Cantwell on Thursday, but I hope this happens today. He's given Lammers ample opportunity to get going, but he just isn't cutting it.

Inb4 Cantwell on the bench.

11 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I agree with this but depends on how Cantwell has reacted in training. If his attitude has been poor since Thursday then we couldn't blame the manager if he doesn't start.

I don’t think he can or will start today but as i said it needs sorted as Lawrence likely a game or two away from being injured and the Lammers experiment should be over.

For what it's worth, I don't think Clement is the type for bending to what the supporters want.

He felt he didn't get what he asked out of Cantwell and rightfully hooked him, I don't see him rewarding that with a start through the middle doing the thing that Clement was telling him not to do last game.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

For what it's worth, I don't think Clement is the type for bending to what the supporters want.

He felt he didn't get what he asked out of Cantwell and rightfully hooked him, I don't see him rewarding that with a start through the middle doing the thing that Clement was telling him not to do last game.

That’s great when team is winning but the reactions to Cantwell and Lammers subs left him in no doubt what fans thought.

I genuinely think he was shocked on Thursday as his pressers after that was, let’s face it, complete babble.

I thought cantwell was trying to hard on Thursday to make stuff happen.

he really needs put back in his position and let’s face it Lammers nowhere near that position.

its the most pivotal position we have for chance creation, creating space, defence splitting passes etc. Lammers has none of it 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s great when team is winning but the reactions to Cantwell and Lammers subs left him in no doubt what fans thought.

I genuinely think he was shocked on Thursday as his pressers after that was, let’s face it, complete babble.

The majority of supporters appear to agree that Cantwell should've came off, only that Lammers should've came off at the same time with him.

Cantwell has been toley.

McCausland and Lawrence should be in from the start today.

27 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Butland

Tav         Goldson       Balogun      Barisic

Cifuentes Lundstram

McCausland       ??????                 Sima

Danilo

I think this will be probably be the team. Not sure who plays as the 10 though, Lammers, Cantwell or Lawrence. Probably Lawrence. 

I wouldn’t play Barisic, Cifu or Sima

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

The majority of supporters appear to agree that Cantwell should've came off, only that Lammers should've came off at the same time with him.

Cantwell has been toley.

McCausland and Lawrence should be in from the start today.

Not at the game they didn’t.

the Cantwell sub was booed and when Lammers went off it was cheered.

As for Lawrence, he needs to start doing something to justify the hype a lot of fans have for him.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not at the game they didn’t.

the Cantwell sub was booed and when Lammers went off it was cheered.

As for Lawrence, he needs to start doing something to justify the hype a lot of fans have for him.

Folk getting their knickers in a twist because they think Cantwell is the golden boy and booing our manager are part of the problem then.

Clement will decide what is best.

A petulant lad not following instructions isn't the be all and end all of his Rangers career.

A winner that wants to win, anyone else will be left behind.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The press conference afterwards was nonsense, it’s the first he’s looked rattled.

With the exception of Butland the entire team were poor and the reaction to Cantwells substitution was it could have been anyone so why him and why do it 10 minutes to HT when he could have addressed the issue in the confines of the dressing room.

1 minute ago, ayro said:

The press conference afterwards was nonsense, it’s the first he’s looked rattled.

With the exception of Butland the entire team were poor and the reaction to Cantwells substitution was it could have been anyone so why him and why do it 10 minutes to HT when he could have addressed the issue in the confines of the dressing room.

Because only Cantwell was showboating in an important game at 0-0 and then cost us a goal.

Stop mollycoddling him, he was shite.

Clement probably looked rattled, because he was, at the shite performance we all just witnessed.

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Folk getting their knickers in a twist because they think Cantwell is the golden boy and booing our manager are part of the problem then.

Clement will decide what is best.

A petulant lad not following instructions isn't the be all and end all of his Rangers career.

A winner that wants to win, anyone else will be left behind.

:lol: