Kieran Dowell

KeyserSoze

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Lundstram is our best midfielder just now, Jack is still the best at covering the full backs getting forward too. It’s mental how many people just think a player is shite as they don’t score.

I didn’t say they were shite. I said he is offering more cutting edge I.e going forward. 

Amazing range of opinions about KD from shite to better than Lundstram.  Neither correct IMO, but he has been better than I expected and considering our current injury situation, a bit of a godsend.

Anyway here's my controversial opinion - Sterling is a far better option than Jack for the DM role.  He's fast and well balanced and will cut off attacks far more than Jack can do these days

2 hours ago, Southsider said:

Amazing range of opinions about KD from shite to better than Lundstram.  Neither correct IMO, but he has been better than I expected and considering our current injury situation, a bit of a godsend.

Anyway here's my controversial opinion - Sterling is a far better option than Jack for the DM role.  He's fast and well balanced and will cut off attacks far more than Jack can do these days

Agree and add to that he is physically a much bigger unit than Jack.  No one is kicking Sterling out of a game.

On 24/12/2023 at 16:05, gmcf said:

Good game today , as did Sterling against Betis . Neither as good as Lundstrum has been lately , but their performances has made the impact of missing Lundstrum a lot less than it could have been .

Good post mate.

The fitter the squad in general ... the better the options PC will have when rotating the squad ... reducing the impact of key players out injured as you correctly pointed out.

🇬🇧

On 25/12/2023 at 08:52, Southsider said:

I wouldn't say that's controversial. Sterling loves the physical side of the game more than anyone at the club too. 

Might be a danger for a red at the knewcamp though.