Collum

46 minutes ago, Badger said:

No disrespect to Ayr Utd, but if we are in a position where Willie Collum influences the final result of the match then we have only ourselves to blame for being in that position.

Collum shouldn't be a factor.

He shouldn't be a factor but he will be trying out of his skin to be one. 

Like last night, give them the slightest opportunity to decide something that could go against us and they'll grab it with both hands and run with it. 

50 minutes ago, Badger said:

No disrespect to Ayr Utd, but if we are in a position where Willie Collum influences the final result of the match then we have only ourselves to blame for being in that position.

Collum shouldn't be a factor.

That's why he's been given the game. It should be drama free.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He'll still make it the Wullie Collum show as he loves being centre of attention.

Aye, he's been on a long dark pilgrimage for many years, due to arrive at his own upper colon soon surely.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Not sure how many of you have seen this, but Collum found to be at fault by independent review of VAR decisions.

A few others against us were found to be incorrect too 👍

https://news.stv.tv/sport/independent-panel-judges-var-to-be-incorrect-on-13-key-incidents?utm_source=app

Refs make mistakes. But the significant uplift in wrong joint decisions by refs and then their Var overseers is fucking shocking. Some blatantly obvious ones in there too.

27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Refs make mistakes. But the significant uplift in wrong joint decisions by refs and then their Var overseers is fucking shocking. Some blatantly obvious ones in there too.

Yes totally agree, someone said to me it won’t change anything as it’s the same hopeless (at best) idiots reviewing the footage. 

That’s proving to be 100% accurate unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Yes totally agree, someone said to me it won’t change anything as it’s the same hopeless (at best) idiots reviewing the footage. 

That’s proving to be 100% accurate unfortunately.

Too many of them the var has went with what the ref has seen. Good that the Johnson handball was highlighted though more should be made of why collum saw the touch but knew goal kick awarded could only infer Walsh hadn't seen it. I think that's the only one like that where a ref 'missed' it.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Too many of them the var has went with what the ref has seen. Good that the Johnson handball was highlighted though more should be made of why collum saw the touch but knew goal kick awarded could only infer Walsh hadn't seen it. I think that's the only one like that where a ref 'missed' it.

Yes, that was clubs position all along. Penalty wouldn’t have been given as it was offside, but they were just lucky as fuck with that after the fact he watched the handball yet never flagged for review.

I think we should be working towards becoming good enough that refs cannot become a factor. If we wreck teams then the decisions against us will carry less weight. I honestly think the refs are just shit in this country, I don't think there's any real bias.

On 16/02/2024 at 10:33, Big Al 55 said:

Not sure how many of you have seen this, but Collum found to be at fault by independent review of VAR decisions.

A few others against us were found to be incorrect too 👍

https://news.stv.tv/sport/independent-panel-judges-var-to-be-incorrect-on-13-key-incidents?utm_source=app

The fact that they admit Cifuentes shouldn't have been a red but rejected his appeal is bizarre.

Think it would be good if he was the ref for the OF.

He would be under immense pressure not to fuck us over. Similar to the pressure he was under at the Piggery when the penalty hysteria was at its peak.

He probably would have sent Silva off against Ayr if he wasn’t under the microscope 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Think it would be good if he was the ref for the OF.

He would be under immense pressure not to fuck us over. Similar to the pressure he was under at the Piggery when the penalty hysteria was at its peak.

He probably would have sent Silva off against Ayr if he wasn’t under the microscope 

I don't think pressure matters with Collum. I have never thought he is bent, he has given us inexplicable decisions too, he's just completely insane, and has no idea how to referee a football match. The more pressure on him, the more erratic he will be, and that could go our way but probably won't. 

12 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I don't think pressure matters with Collum. I have never thought he is bent, he has given us inexplicable decisions too, he's just completely insane, and has no idea how to referee a football match. The more pressure on him, the more erratic he will be, and that could go our way but probably won't. 

He's the quickest to lose control of a match, usually for no reason at all.

28 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Yeh I don’t think he’s biased just incompetent and lately seemingly swayed by pressure. He shat it at the Piggery when all the talk was about our penalty record. He shat it against Ayr when all the pressure was on him after the OF debacle. If we’re honest Silva probably would have been sent off in any other game