Sterling, Diomande, Sima

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

There own fans have been saying he drops too deep and has no impact, while it didn't look great giving him the ball in his own half didn't lose us it at ibrox shambolic refereeing, defending and finishing was the reason 

Everything goes through him, that's why you put a man on him...

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You’re looking to play Sterling, Lundstram and Diomande in midfield?

yep.

Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Yilmaz (if fit)

Lundstram

Sterling, Diomande, Cantwell, Silva*

Dessers

(*possibly Lawrence instead of Silva and bring on Sima and Silva/Lawrence as the game  progresses)

34 minutes ago, beararse said:

yep.

Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Yilmaz (if fit)

Lundstram

Sterling, Diomande, Cantwell, Silva*

Dessers

(*possibly Lawrence instead of Silva and bring on Sima and Silva/Lawrence as the game  progresses)

Sterling wouldn’t actually be in midfield there though 

On 30/03/2024 at 23:39, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think we’ll start Yilmaz with him having been out. 

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Sterling

Lundstram Diomande 

Matondo Cantwell Silva

Dessers

Thats what I fully expect the starting 11 to be 

If Sterling does have to fill in at LB, I suspect he'd go with Wright and use Matondo off the bench.

Genuinely unsure whether Silva or Lawrence would be best bet on the left.  If Sterling could start at RW, then a front three of him, Dessers and Lawrence gives a really good press

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Sterling wouldn’t actually be in midfield there though 

Always the smart arse, eh?

He wouldn’t be in defence, or upfront. Nor would he be playing in goal so that leaves the middle third of the pitch most commonly referred to as the ‘midfield’.

Id have Sterling playing in a 451 formation.

‘What is your definition of a 4-5-1 formation?” I here you ask.

“The 4-5-1 formation has a back line of four defenders – two centre-backs and two full-backs. Ahead, five players comprise the MIDFIELD unit, with three central MIDFIELDERS and two wider MIDFIELDERS. A lone centre-forward operates as the highest player in the structure”.

In other words, Sterling would actually be playing in MIDFIELD, maybe not central but certainly in the MID section of the FIELD for the majority of the game. Hence my assertion that he would be playing in MIDFIELD.

its not really that hard to grasp is it?

And before you try claiming Sterling would be deployed as a winger, “the terms winger or wide player refer to a non-defender who plays on the left or right sides of the pitch. These terms can apply to left or right MIDFIELDERS, left or right attacking MIDFIELDERS, or left or right forwards”.

37 minutes ago, beararse said:

He wouldn’t be in defence, or upfront. Nor would he be playing in goal so that leaves the middle third of the pitch most commonly referred to as the ‘midfield’.

“The 4-5-1 formation has a back line of four defenders – two centre-backs and two full-backs. Ahead, five players comprise the MIDFIELD unit, with three central MIDFIELDERS and two wider MIDFIELDERS. A lone centre-forward operates as the highest player in the structure”.

In other words, Sterling would actually be playing in MIDFIELD, maybe not central but certainly in the MID section of the FIELD for the majority of the game. Hence my assertion that he would be playing in MIDFIELD.

And before you try claiming Sterling would be deployed as a winger, “the terms winger or wide player refer to a non-defender who plays on the left or right sides of the pitch. These terms can apply to left or right MIDFIELDERS, left or right attacking MIDFIELDERS, or left or right forwards”.

Wtf. 

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

Just explaining beyond all reasonable doubt what I consider is midfield since he can’t seem to refrain from trying to make a cunt of folk on here at every opportunity.

You’ve made a cunt of yourself with that post tbh. 

2 hours ago, beararse said:

Hard to differentiate that formation from a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 (which is what we actually play), though, isn't it?

To be honest, unless you are advocating Sterling playing in a more central position, it doesn't matter whether you want to call it a wide midfield position or a wide forward position - it's the same thing, depending on where the ball is at the time

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

Can we make sure in the first 10 minutes somebody leaves one on Kyogo or the the bald one.Need to put them out the game early

He’s got hair no mate like the Japanese Eminem 

It is a gamble but Sima must start this game.

I’d have Sterling in middle but if manager goes with his settled 3 then play him on right.

The game is enormous and IMO a must win match for us so we need to roll the dice.

2 hours ago, Southsider said:

Hard to differentiate that formation from a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 (which is what we actually play), though, isn't it?

To be honest, unless you are advocating Sterling playing in a more central position, it doesn't matter whether you want to call it a wide midfield position or a wide forward position - it's the same thing, depending on where the ball is at the time

Agreed. The point I was called out on,  and why I was explaining myself is that it is not unreasonable to say Sterling would be classed as a midfielder as he’s not a striker nor a defender. 

indeed, with the 4-2-3-1 set up he would undoubtably be classed a midfielder (and a defensive one at that).

5 hours ago, beararse said:

That wouldn’t be him playing in midfield, no need to have a meltdown about it 

Weird guy