*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a game and went fuck me maeda “handed tav his arse” that game 

Yesterday and the 2-2 game last December off the top of my head. Did 2 tav mistakes under pressure from maeda cost us early goals or not? 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Yesterday and the 2-2 game last December off the top of my head. Did 2 tav mistakes under pressure from maeda cost us early goals or not? 

I’ve fucking said there has been moments in games but he’s never had a game that he’s totally dominated tav ffs.

Mate there was a guy in CF5 against hearts shouting Devine should be right back and what the fuck does this boy. Need to do to get a chance when tav is this shite bla bla bla

people are fucking idiots 

Haha, that's mental 😂

3 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Or for us not to have broken so quickly. If we'd passed the ball about a bit and then gone up the park it probably would have counted.

That’s pretty shit though as most teams will obviously try break up the park quickly in that event. 

I’ve fucking said there has been moments in games but he’s never had a game that he’s totally dominated tav ffs.

So you agree maeda has had the better of tav in games that has cost us goals, sound👍🏻

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

So you agree maeda has had the better of tav in games that has cost us goals, sound👍🏻

No ya fucking half wit learn to read.

There have been points in games maeda has got the better of tav, I don’t ever recall a game where it’s ended and I’ve thought that maeda has gave tav an absolute nightmare and “handed him his arse” 

25 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

The first half performance was terrible I think everyone could see that but teams have bad performances, bad half’s, bad 15 minute spells etc.

but the constant referral to bottle is fucking brutal and tiresome.

Yeh so many factors but it’s always blamed on “bottle”.

Except when we come from 0-2 and 2-3 down? And Tav slots his penalty top corner?

celtic have the fastest front 3 in the league and about as fast as you will face in Europe. Our CB won’t look as comfortable as they do against Livi. It’s not bottling it, it’s better players with pace and an effective press.

First goal was an absolute freak, 1 in 1000 goal. And Goldson’s hand ball is just bad luck.

And for whatever reason we couldn’t field our best starting eleven which showed. 

Scott Wright’s performance had nothing to do with bottle. He’s just shite.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

VAR has created an era of soft, if correct (by the guidelines), penalties.

I’m just sort of happy that the old mantra of ‘these things even themselves out’ came to pass within half an hour of their equally soft one.

Didn’t think theirs was soft at all tbh, I think Goldson was brain dead having his arm where it was 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Didn’t think theirs was soft at all tbh, I think Goldson was brain dead having his arm where it was 

I can see why they gave it, but his elbow wasn’t that far outside his body shape.

We’ll agree on the state of his brain though😂

8 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh so many factors but it’s always blamed on “bottle”.

Except when we come from 0-2 and 2-3 down? And Tav slots his penalty top corner?

celtic have the fastest front 3 in the league and about as fast as you will face in Europe. Our CB won’t look as comfortable as they do against Livi. It’s not bottling it, it’s better players with pace and an effective press.

First goal was an absolute freak, 1 in 1000 goal. And Goldson’s hand ball is just bad luck.

And for whatever reason we couldn’t field our best starting eleven which showed. 

Scott Wright’s performance had nothing to do with bottle. He’s just shite.

Goldson hand ball wasn’t bad luck, it was absolutely moronic from Goldson just the latest in a long line of blunders 

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I agree it was a foul but Beaton never gave it for whatever reason. 

That's the point of var though. He really should have seen it. When it happened the boy next to me said I hope we don't score here because it won't count. We still celebrated like fuck right enough and again when we thought he pointed to the centre circle.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Thought that at first but then watching it back he’s really unlucky.

First he’s playing Kyogo offside but Souttar fucks our line by going early.

And then he’s not trying to head it. He’s gone to volley it with his left and it gets deflected onto his elbow.

Was always going to be given but not even sure it’s a penalty under the rules if they’d deemed he wasn’t trying to head it and his arm was natural for attempting a volley.

8 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I agree it was a foul but Beaton never gave it for whatever reason. 

He never gave it because in real time it wasn't much of a foul at all, the celtic boy took a heavy touch and jumped to the floor looking for it knowing he had lost possession. VAR loses all context of these situations, it doesn't consider how it actually played out in real time, which is what the ref sees, it just plays a frame-by-frame replay to see if contact was made or not.

If you think football is a non-contact sport then yes, it's a foul, if you think sometimes a ref has to let some physicality take place for the sake of the game flowing then i don't see the problem with it, it's very soft, 90 yards from the celtic goal and the ball was touched by about 4 Rangers players and 2 or 3 celtic payers in between.

We hear time and time again from ref's that VAR shouldn't re-referee the game... well that incident wasn't re-refereeing then I don't know what is, because the ref didn't miss it the first time, it isn't 'clear and obvious' and has a large degree of subjectivity in both the 'foul' itself and whether or not VAR should even being going that far back.

28 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

No ya fucking half wit learn to read.

There have been points in games maeda has got the better of tav, I don’t ever recall a game where it’s ended and I’ve thought that maeda has gave tav an absolute nightmare and “handed him his arse” 

Why you so angry little man? Maeda has his number atm and that's the long and short of it. I really don't give a fuck whether you agree or not that's up to you. I mean a thread was made about tav after yesterdays game so aye tav obviously done well against him again.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

The defence is the issue. Hopefully Yilmaz back but the rest are an accident waiting to happen.

Can only really swap out Balogun for one of the 2 CBs yesterday and he has clangers in him too. 

Just need to hope we pull out a Betis type performance which we are capable of under Clement. 

9 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Why you so angry little man? Maeda has his number atm and that's the long and short of it. I really don't give a fuck whether you agree or not that's up to you. I mean a thread was made about tav after yesterdays game so aye tav obviously done well against him again.

Is that the long and short of it shagger aye?

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Can only really swap out Balogun for one of the 2 CBs yesterday and he has clangers in him too. 

Just need to hope we pull out a Betis type performance which we are capable of under Clement. 

Simply cannot go into every big game having to score 2/3 goals to get a win or draw.

Whether it be a formation change or Personnel change, something needs to happen.