*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

10 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Yeah i know exactly the nut meg you're talking about.  However, he has more quality than TL without question.  In the first half today TL could have out Dessers clean through with a simple lobbed pass and pretty much miskicked it, I thought it summed up his game. Wright also lacked today, the 2 of them were completely inept in creating anything in the first half.

Aye I remember the pass from Larewnce you're on about, a flich fom the middle out to what should have been the left but he totally fucked it. Wright was also very poor. Thought he would start thought. I'm aware how limited he is but he's up against Greg Taylor so I expected more. Kicked out of the game in the opening 10 minutes but that should be no excuse for him.

13 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Yeah i know exactly the nut meg you're talking about.  However, he has more quality than TL without question.  In the first half today TL could have out Dessers clean through with a simple lobbed pass and pretty much miskicked it, I thought it summed up his game. Wright also lacked today, the 2 of them were completely inept in creating anything in the first half.

Today should finish Wright.  Nice lad and can go with his head held high - Europa league memories, a Scottish cup and a winners medal or 2 but he just isn’t the answer moving forward. I’d love to see us keep hold of Cortes and Sima next season.

I've had a sleep and am a lot less raging now.

How the fuck did they end up with 11 men on the pitch.

Johnstone, Carter vickers and that maida should have all seen red for various reasons particularly persistent fouling but Johnstone should have gone for the penalty. 

The narrative around that disgraceful tackle is outrageous.  That was above the knee bordering on Silva's thigh with no touch of the ball to mitigate any of that foul. 

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Johnstone, Carter vickers and that maida should have all seen red for various reasons particularly persistent fouling but Johnstone should have gone for the penalty. 

The narrative around that disgraceful tackle is outrageous.  That was above the knee bordering on Silva's thigh with no touch of the ball to mitigate any of that foul. 

If we are being fair - Johnstone 100% touches the ball. Very lucky boy to escape red though, catching someone knee high is a yellow 9 times out of 10 and changes the complexion of the game.

1 hour ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Have i missed something here 

IMG_6508.jpeg

Johnston got the ball and Silva was already going down is the narrative they are trying to set. Doesn’t matter if the coverage shows that to be incorrect.
He does get the ball when his foot is on the ground so the only reason for his foot to connect above Silvas knee is to prevent Silva getting past him. Clear penalty. 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

This post would fit well on scum forums.

None of their players should have been sent off.

14 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The officials had a good game and got every big call right. Fans of either side moaning about refs or VAR are off their nuts.

Thought the officials had a good game, with the one exception that Johnstone was very, very lucky not to see a second yellow.

They can debate if it should have been given until they are red in the face but once Beaton has decided it is a penalty for me it is a cast iron second yellow (it’s not an accidental collision and Silva would have been moving into a dangerous position in the box).

The penalty against us was pish. Was 100% a penalty under current implementation of the rules but would not have been a couple of years ago and none of their players even claimed for it.

Bit of a fucking mad one that.

The less said about the first half the better but we were lucky it was just 2 at HT. Every time, going back to Gerrard, we lose or play poorly against them is because we fuck about with the ball in our own third and get burnt for it. We are, and were in the second half, so much better when we mix it up and go direct. Even as bad as we were in the first 45 we missed two brilliant chances with Silva and Goldson.

Second half was night and day. Getting a fairly early goal helped but we were back to what I expect from us which is a team with a bit of everything. Going from Wright to Sima will probably do that automatically. That Matondo goal gets better every time I watch it.

Play like that second half at parkhead in a few weeks and we'll be fine.

On to Dundee...

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This post would fit well on scum forums.

None of their players should have been sent off.

Aye, there wasn't a red card in that game. At the game when we got the penalty I thought the ref might have dished out a 2nd yellow but from where I sit I didn't even see the tackle properly 

29 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye, there wasn't a red card in that game. At the game when we got the penalty I thought the ref might have dished out a 2nd yellow but from where I sit I didn't even see the tackle properly 

It was more for persistent fouling after they should have been booked they should have all been sent off rather ttuak a bad tackle. 

7 hours ago, GA1972 said:

It’s a good point but it’s something we need to learn how to do as well. The fouls aren’t so blatant as to get picked up by the ref a lot of the time so you need a ref who’s brave enough to book for persistent fouling for little shoves or niggles which rarely happens.

It is part of their game plan and it does work. For all everybody lauds Guardiola for great football etc his teams do the exact same thing 

We’ve been shite at dark arts like this for ages, our players like to piss and moan about the amount we’re getting kicked and fouled but generally we’re too stupid to do it back without being blatant as fuck and taking automatic bookings for Scott Arfield esque challenges 

Walters teams were filled with players who would break up their play out of possession throughout the years. It’s a requirement in old firms imo.