Tav's time is up.

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

no but we can get another player or even two who can bring more without losing the goals hes cost us

dont get me wrong when he leaves it'll be one with a salute of thank you you where fine but its time to move on

sadly posters like you cant see that

Tav is probably the least of our worries. We have a whole  midfield to replace! 

32 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Backed him what seems like forever now and he will still be here next season but it’s time for a phase out.

No Rangers captain should ever be winning 1 in 4 old firm matches. 35 old firms and not even double figure victories. It’s disgraceful in all honesty. 

This team needs a complete reset and Tav, Goldson etc cannot be a major part of it. 

It is nothing to do with captains. We have to remember they have had 9 years virtually unchallenged entry to the Champions League money and they have invested in squads. I remember one season them bringing on 3 subs who cost more than our squad. The last two seasons I have no clue about the size of their first team squad but every game they bring on players, some who I have never heard of who do not weaken their team while we rely on an Aberdeen reject,a washed up permanently injured striker and players more used to relegation than winning; that is the difference and the difference in winning mentality.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

If Dessers was here for 9 seasons we would probably be saying it every season about him too. Other players haven't lasted as long because they were worse and so bad they needed replaced earlier.

Tavernier and Goldson have been here so long because they've never been the worst players in the team, usually the best. 

Correlation isn't causation. We should be signing players in other positions who overtake them in quality. So that they no longer remain our best players. Tavernier is still not the worst player in the team.

Enough of this pish. Other players left cause we got good offers for them or because they ran their contracts down. How many offers we had for captain fantastic??.

10 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Tav is probably the least of our worries. We have a whole  midfield to replace! 

as shit as our midfield is our defence is worse and a large part of that is down to tav

as osaid before a whole new defence that actually plays football and defends and a ball winning midfielder would change this team around

2 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Enough of this pish. Other players left cause we got good offers for them or because they ran their contracts down. How many offers we had for captain fantastic??.

exactly look at goldson no one came in for him and we gave him an improved contract :furious:

4 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

as shit as our midfield is our defence is worse and a large part of that is down to tav

as osaid before a whole new defence that actually plays football and defends and a ball winning midfielder would change this team around

If you don't think we have problems in midfield then I'd majorly beg to differ ffs. 

53 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

If you don't think we have problems in midfield then I'd majorly beg to differ ffs. 

i am not saying we dont have problems in midfield ffs we have sub standard players in all positions bar GK and even there we need a decent back up

but we need to start from the back get a defence that can actually defend and a ball winning midfielder (you know the type of player lundstam was meant to be :sarcasm:)

then we worry about the wings and forwards in the next window

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i am not saying we dont have problems in midfield ffs we have sub standard players in all positions bar GK and even there we need a decent back up

but we need to start from the back get a defence that can actually defend and a ball winning midfielder (you know the type of player lundstam was meant to be :sarcasm:)

then we worry about the wings and forwards in the next window

Should the wings not be covered. Try sign Sima. Thought Cortes was an obligation but told today its a loan with option. 

Cordoba CB, yilmaz Lb 

Whole new midfield. 

Two new fwds

53 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Should the wings not be covered. Try sign Sima. Thought Cortes was an obligation but told today its a loan with option. 

Cordoba CB, yilmaz Lb 

Whole new midfield. 

Two new fwds

we pretty much need a new team but i think defence and a midfielder who grabs the game from the balls is more important

then in the next window deal with the rest and those that don't want to be here

Seen a pic of him outside they chamber of secrets pre match looked a beaten man. Best for everyone he moves on, he certainly can't be a starter anymore legs have gone

5 hours ago, docspiderman said:

It is nothing to do with captains. We have to remember they have had 9 years virtually unchallenged entry to the Champions League money and they have invested in squads. I remember one season them bringing on 3 subs who cost more than our squad. The last two seasons I have no clue about the size of their first team squad but every game they bring on players, some who I have never heard of who do not weaken their team while we rely on an Aberdeen reject,a washed up permanently injured striker and players more used to relegation than winning; that is the difference and the difference in winning mentality.

Sorry mate thats pish, they had that money indeed, but when they blew the 10 they completely ripped apart their squad, they didnt do patch up jobs like we constantly try

I amazed that some on here think he's good enough for next season.

Opposition team are already targeting him as a weak link in defence. That would continue and he'll get exposed more and more.

The idea that he has some great attacking threat is ridiculous too. Those days are gone, as are his legs.

But most of all he's been captain during a capitulation during the run in. Sure, it's not all his fault, but maybe for the first time he should be held responsible for his performances.

It's time the undroppable is dropped. 

22 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Absolutely spot on from Stevie at Four lads. 

D30B4B5E-1453-4897-A4F9-230AB9EE8894.png

Totally agree with the majority of these losers need emptied. None of players mentioned have the winning mentality of guys that stood out like Ferguson, Bomber or Gough even McCoist had a ruthless streak in him to win at all costs.

7 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

no but we can get another player or even two who can bring more without losing the goals hes cost us

dont get me wrong when he leaves it'll be one with a salute of thank you you where fine but its time to move on

sadly posters like you cant see that

See ya Tav - ‘you were fine!’

Top scoring British defender, but you were fine, dug us out of countless holes, but you were fine, top scorer this season, but you were fine, Europa League top scorer, but you were fine, EL team of the season, but you were fine, 10 years of service to the club, but you were fine, trusted by six managers, but you were fine, 125 goals and 128 assists, but you were fine.

Sadly posters like you………

One of a number of players that have been here too long , however he's pretty low down on the list . 

Let's get a midfield that helps with the job of scoring and assisting , then we can look at a defender that stops the goals at the other end . 

8 hours ago, docspiderman said:

I’ve said before but by and large we both shop in the same markets. Granted they can buy more than us which covers any failures they may get but we’re the ones that have the biggest wage bill in the country not them. 

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’ve said before but by and large we both shop in the same markets. Granted they can buy more than us which covers any failures they may get but we’re the ones that have the biggest wage bill in the country not them. 

Yeah, the one saving grace is that there's a ceiling to the type of player who'll come here. However, the fact they're more capable of shopping in the higher end of that market and could buy multiple £6M players, whereas we couldn't, is a concern.

1 hour ago, BigDak said:

Yeah, the one saving grace is that there's a ceiling to the type of player who'll come here. However, the fact they're more capable of shopping in the higher end of that market and could buy multiple £6M players, whereas we couldn't, is a concern.

Yes it’s always a concern but it hasn’t happened. I’m sure they’ve signed 6 players for £6m or more since 2000 or something mad like that. 

The issue is recruitment, they seem to be getting value for money and have a system which sees them reliable to premier league clubs. 

For Hatate, we got Lundstram on a free at 40k a week. For Furuhashi at £4m, we get Dessers for £3.5m. 

All their wingers, including Abada were £3.5m or under. We spent double on Kent, the same on Matondo, and still haven’t sorted a RW position in the time they’ve had about 3 or 4 who have terrorised us. 

Get they have fuck ups as well, but they can make them, we’re just nowhere near savvy enough in the market.