Running out of steam

This squad has been assembled over time by a concoction of managers who have generally struggled. 

we have spoken about Clement and how he has turned our season round with this group. 

I personally can’t wait to see what happens in the summer. We will get a better idea of him and our ambition 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

😂 That would be the season where again we competed on multiple fronts.

And we won only 3 out our last 9 league matches.

That one aye?

Couldn’t have picked a better example. 
 We’d won 13 in a row before April. Then finished by winning only 3 in 9.

The fact you believe both situations are comparable and back you up, shows how deranged you are.

Its also so simplistic to look at the results. We failed to win twice at the dump, one with a 93rd minute goal, a venue we often struggle at.

We played 23 games from March to May  The most we can play here is 15.

Playing games in midweek and had a fixture pile up. A cup final in March, travelling to Italy etc.

Only an idiot would think us dropping points today is about players being knackered and our struggles in 2008 is proof of that.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The last time we won there with fans in was 2019.

We had midfielders like Jack,Kamara and Davis.

We had Kent, Morelos and Aribo in their pomp

We basically had the defence we had the now but four years younger.

We were better coached and far more organised.

This team we have now is an absolute shitshow and anyone confident of a result there is absolutely deluded.

Favourites? No

Can we? Obviously

It's a game of football where the winner will probably win the league. Anything can happen in it

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This squad has been assembled over time by a concoction of managers who have generally struggled. 

we have spoken about Clement and how he has turned our season round with this group. 

I personally can’t wait to see what happens in the summer. We will get a better idea of him and our ambition 

Not very much because we don't have any money and have already spent money from the summer's budget on Diomande. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Only issue with that is his ambition being matched by the board. The amount of change required needs backing we haven't seen since the Murray era. 

I'd understand if that isn't possible and if it likely isn't then I'd prefer Clement and Koppen got 9/10 solid first team players along with Butland, Sterling and Cantwell then the squad being filled by B team players, regardless of them being good enough right now for the 1st team. 

We need evidence that the manager and managerial team actually want to make the tough decisions that's been needed to be made for years.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Worrying though that he thought Scott Wright and Dowell were good ideas the last couple of weeks 

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The fact you believe both situations are comparable and back you up, shows how deranged you are.

Its also so simplistic to look at the results. We failed to win twice at the dump, one with a 93rd minute goal, a venue we often struggle at.

We played 23 games from March to May  The most we can play here is 15.

Playing games in midweek and had a fixture pile up. A cup final in March, travelling to Italy etc.

Only an idiot would think us dropping points today is about players being knackered and our struggles in 2008 is proof of that.

No you just made a cunt of yourself. By pulling up the last season where we had players playing the same amount of football.

Where we also fell off a cliff with our results. There are massive differences between that season and this. Also some similarities.

Tbh it’s a pointless argument. The world has moved on. The top managers are all aware of the effects. The top sports science departments are.

You can sit here and tell yourself it’s had no effect.

You can also just use your eyes. Go rewatch the Hearts match where we pumped them 5-0.

Look at the intensity and physicality of Lundstrum compared to now. 

27 old firm league games in front of fans (that actually mattered and weren’t after the title had been decided already) and 3 wins since we came back to the premiership.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but if my calculations are right that’s a damning statistic.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

No you just made a cunt of yourself. 

You must have been looking in the mirror when posting that.

Everyone is laughing at your completely inaccurate posts and opinions.

Aye but Pep is complaining about Rodri... Tav and Lundstram can't walk clearly. Can't believe both are not injured due to being overused!!

2 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

27 old firm league games in front of fans (that actually mattered and weren’t after the title had been decided already) and 3 wins since we came back to the premiership.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but if my calculations are right that’s a damning statistic.

Too many players in the team with too many scars. We are afraid of them, to say anything else based on what we see time and time again from this team is delusional 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You must have been looking in the mirror when posting that.

Everyone is laughing at your completely inaccurate posts and opinions.

Aye but Pep is complaining about Rodri... Tav and Lundstram can't walk clearly. Can't believe both are not injured due to being overused!!

I mean you’re not making a point. If you want to just mock the fact that there’s a reason top mangers rotate players. Just look at the stats from today. Look at the difference in metres covered, sprints, successful presses, interceptions.

Then compare them to matches we were winning a few months ago.

County played with an intensity and press that was better than ours today. 

Our levels have dropped. Not just this game either.

Just now, esquire8 said:

16 days off then 3 games in 3 weeks. 

If you are running on fumes as a professional footballer with that schedule then you shouldn't be a professional footballer.

Exactly. This squad of players at their peak, played more games in Europe etc, back to back extra time all of that.

They peaked. It's over.

2 hours ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Fuck me I had no idea it was that bad

Embarrassing