*****Official Hearts vs Rangers Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

He would have scored a couple of the 30 misses that dessers had for a start, or even gave him competition for starting. 

Am no shanklands biggest fan but it seemed a no brainer to nearly everyone bar our board. 

To not even get another striker in, shankland aside, is fuckin gross negligence man

We 100% needed another striker mate.

However in 2024 we've dropped points in 5 league games. Bar Motherwell at home Shankland was not making a difference in those games. He's not a chance creater.

Our defence is a shambles and the midfield created next to nothing at Dundee and County.

Just now, delparlane said:

Any new player that hits the ground running will lose incentive immediately when playing alongside our remaining dross.

Even if we bought decent players ,playing with the dross we have left is soul destroying for them 

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

We all know the players are shite but the complete of lack of doing the basics is frightening, don't think i've ever seen a front line as static as this.

Been that way all season. Basics are lacking. Can’t make a pass, can’t stay in position, can’t defend, no movement, can’t finish. Can’t take a set piece. Can’t cross. Woeful 

I'm sure when Shankland scored our board members at the game immediately started to look at the imaginary laces on their shoes. Anything but to recognise they fooked it up at the January sales

If we'd gone for him we would have won the league fooking months ago.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Shankland finishes the two chances that Dessers had to win us the game Vs County, there's three points.

I reckon he scores the chance that was a bit too quick for Dessers against Dundee, came right across the face of goal and Dessers put it wide, I think Shankland scores that. there's six points.

He scores the chances where Dessers had too much time to think against Motherwell, there's another three points. There's nine for you. 

not forgetting the misses dessers had in games we've won we may have had the better goal difference

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

However in 2024 we've dropped points in 5 league games. Bar Motherwell at home Shankland was not making a difference in those games. He's not a chance creater.

Our defence is a shambles and the midfield created next to nothing at Dundee and County.

Being neutral here, is half of the midfield problem maybe because dessers isn't good up front in terms of movement etc, 

Would we have created more chances if our striker took up better passing positions etc

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Watch the 2nd half or get out in the garden and get some sun about me? It's genuinely 50/50.

I've already decided to take the option to get some sun and pretend this game is not happening.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Shankland finishes the two chances that Dessers had to win us the game Vs County, there's three points.

I reckon he scores the chance that was a bit too quick for Dessers against Dundee, came right across the face of goal and Dessers put it wide, I think Shankland scores that. there's six points.

He scores the chances where Dessers had too much time to think against Motherwell, there's another three points. There's nine for you. 

9 points? You can't even count right!

What two chances at County? The goalkeeper made a wonder save. Shankland misses chances as well.

We were dropping points at Dundee even if we had Shankland, we created nothing.

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I’m not fully on the shankland train tbh but he would have buried the Silva chance against Motherwell and dessers chance at county to go 2 up. When our forwards do get chances they are nowhere near as clinical as shankland or miovski

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Being neutral here, is half of the midfield problem maybe because dessers isn't good up front in terms of movement etc, 

Would we have created more chances if our striker took up better passing positions etc

Eh no. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A get what you're saying man, but 65 mins in when not creating anything with dessers on, and you bring shankland on then it raises levels. He's the best finisher in the league. 

A wouldn't take him now fwiw a just think it was a massive blunder not getting him in n everyone could see it. 

The fact the tarriers seen kyogo wasn't playing great n went out n got that idah in makes the taste even more bitter because they acted on the obvious