*****The Official Scottish Cup Final Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: C'mon, old yin. That's a shocking shout.

Mate, you're not seeing right if you've seen him doing anything that makes him more effective than most of them this season.

I mean, I'd love him to come good if he played, but it's low percentage stuff. Positional grim, rotten passing, rotten touch, can't shoot for shit, makes bad choices and just generally struggles to get involved. 

6 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Yes Jack has made the provisional squad but he has only played 45 mins for our B Team so his fitness must still be a doubt as he should have had more minutes if ready. Jack the wildcard midfield option Saturday :pipe:

I'm not saying he should start mate.

Should have had minutes before now though and maybe made the bench at least.

Surely any valid  option is a bonus in an injury crisis?

Btw, he is a good player, but I still want rid when his contract ends. Too injury prone.

Vexes me that he got a contract extension.

Manager comments are a complete red flag as well btw. 180 since the Hearts game where it was all about end of a cycle etc now he’s back to defending them to the hilt. 

“That’s emotion , they don’t see training, they don’t see the team working, they don’t even know the players or how they are in the dressing room”

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Manager comments are a complete red flag as well btw. 180 since the Hearts game where it was all about end of a cycle etc now he’s back to defending them to the hilt. 

“That’s emotion , they don’t see training, they don’t see the team working, they don’t even know the players or how they are in the dressing room”

But we've watched them every week, and they're fucking shite. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He's got a cup final where he has to try to get a tune out of them. 

I wouldn't read too much into it.

12 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm not saying he should start mate.

Should have had minutes before now though and maybe made the bench at least.

Surely any valid  option is a bonus in an injury crisis?

Btw, he is a good player, but I still want rid when his contract ends. Too injury prone.

Vexes me that he got a contract extension.

I’d have him on the bench Saturday as an option

5 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

I’d have him on the bench Saturday as an option

I would too.

Phil likes to ease in players coming back from injuries. Builds their minutes up gradualy. He has had zero mins.

Highly unlikely he would sub Jack into such a high intensity match.

5 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I would too.

Phil likes to ease in players coming back from injuries. Builds their minutes up gradualy. He has had zero mins.

Clement has already said he has gone against his ideal easing of players back in after injury. The game won’t faze Jack but he might not be sharp enough to do a job.

We need 3 in midfield being midfielders. If we play Lundstram it defeats that purpose given he likes to play as if he's the central CH, allowing them to flood the middle.

If it does have to be him playing then he needs told to let CHs do their job and he stays in the middle. I think it will be him starting but he'll do what he normally does and we'll suffer for it.

16 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I would too.

Said it under Beale, if players are lacking fitness or cant last a game then they should be starting, when everyone is feeling their way into the game

The LC final last season when he brought raskin and cantwell on at 2-1 down was fucking pointless, by time they get up to speed the tarriers were coasting

He starts his 11 best players this Saturday if they can run, try and get ahead in the game and control the game in our manner, make the tarriers change their ways

Like you say, bringing jack on in the second half is asking for trouble, he'd be bypassed every time they came up the park

43 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Yes Jack has made the provisional squad but he has only played 45 mins for our B Team so his fitness must still be a doubt as he should have had more minutes if ready. Jack the wildcard midfield option Saturday :pipe:

Can't help but feel Germany has long since been the sole target for Jack and he'll not risk being unavailable for that by playing in anything as insignificant as an OF cup final.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Can't help but feel Germany has long since been the sole target for Jack and he'll not risk being unavailable for that by playing in anything as insignificant as an OF cup final.

Catch 22. May well get cut from the provisional squad for lack of games uncertainty of fitness or if part of the final squad may get an opportunity to show he’s ready for Euros. Be surprised if he wasn’t fussed about winning a cup final.

49 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Reading too much into it. Nothing more than trying to motivate them/make them feel good about themselves one last time before a cup final.

Exactly. So many fans don't see this. He isnt going to slate them before the final. After this game PC will be saying thank fuck alot of these players will be gone next season.

15 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Said it under Beale, if players are lacking fitness or cant last a game then they should be starting, when everyone is feeling their way into the game

The LC final last season when he brought raskin and cantwell on at 2-1 down was fucking pointless, by time they get up to speed the tarriers were coasting

He starts his 11 best players this Saturday if they can run, try and get ahead in the game and control the game in our manner, make the tarriers change their ways

Like you say, bringing jack on in the second half is asking for trouble, he'd be bypassed every time they came up the park

Jack aside, (should have gave him minutes before now), I'd start the likes of Sima even if we could only get 45 mins out of him. They start with pace and we play valium football Jim.

Based on the fact that they have been getting early goals against us and we need to be a threat from the start. It's the last game of the season. Phil should slacken his fitness rules if individuals are up for it.

Start Sima, sub him at ht and still plenty of subs to make.

Just an example, but we need to literally fire into them at the start or we are doomed.

Few on here would argue with that in principal mate.

Maybe not the answer, but I am just fed to fuck up with us being so predictable and slow to start and not pressing them and Dessers being the only man available to get the out ball.

11 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Jack aside, (should have gave him minutes before now), I'd start the likes of Sima even if we could only get 45 mins out of him. They start with pace and we play valium football Jim.

Based on the fact that they have been getting early goals against us and we need to be a threat from the start. It's the last game of the season. Phil should slacken his fitness rules if individuals are up for it.

Start Sima, sub him at ht and still plenty of subs to make.

Just an example, but we need to literally fire into them at the start or we are doomed.

Few on here would argue with that in principal mate.

Maybe not the answer, but I am just fed to fuck up with us being so predictable and slow to start and not pressing them and Dessers being the only man available to get the out ball.

Agree completely, even the non match fit starters, get them started and just give everything for 45 mins, would be unreal if for the first time this season we dont go in at HT losing to this mob 

Then in the second half make like for like changes for fitness, keeps the shape and hopefully intensity up

None of this "keep him to come off the bench" as by that point we've probably lost the fucking game

Big massive pitch, get matondo (if possible) sima, cantwell, diomande, raskin, a 5 man midfield that has legs, and get the balls in behind for matondo and Sima to turn the tarrier backline back towards its own goal 

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Wouldn’t have Jack anywhere near the team. A guy who has seemed to prioritise his fitness around availability for the national team.

We need legs. Not a half cooked Jack who will be making sure he’s available for Steve Clark 

What way to show the alky that he's good for Germany than by bossing the OF cup final (i kinda agree though, jack canny be close to fit enough to match them in the middle) 

27 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Catch 22. May well get cut from the provisional squad for lack of games uncertainty of fitness or if part of the final squad may get an opportunity to show he’s ready for Euros. Be surprised if he wasn’t fussed about winning a cup final.

Seems to have prioritised the national team before and has made 0 impact on our first team squad when desperately short in midfield. Just don't see that we're close to being the most important team he wants to play for at the moment.

6 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Wouldn’t have Jack anywhere near the team. A guy who has seemed to prioritise his fitness around availability for the national team.

We need legs. Not a half cooked Jack who will be making sure he’s available for Steve Clark 

Spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Agree completely, even the non match fit starters, get them started and just give everything for 45 mins, would be unreal if for the first time this season we dont go in at HT losing to this mob 

Then in the second half make like for like changes for fitness, keeps the shape and hopefully intensity up

None of this "keep him to come off the bench" as by that point we've probably lost the fucking game

Big massive pitch, get matondo (if possible) sima, cantwell, diomande, raskin, a 5 man midfield that has legs, and get the balls in behind for matondo and Sima to turn the tarrier backline back towards its own goal 

Up for that.

Surprise them for once. We have to roll the dice. Playing it safe yet again will end up in a similar result. We all know that.

Most of the Bears I have spoke to are expecting the same old and want things changed.

Turn our apparent weaknesses into strengths by timing who plays when. Some bravery for a change. 

Surely Phil knows our players better than them by now?

Honestly think if we are ahead at ht they would get nervous and our support would be the 12th man.

See how they cope with that...

10 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

He won't play anyhow, so irrelevant.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Up for that.

Surprise them for once. We have to roll the dice. Playing it safe yet again will end up in a similar result. We all know that.

Most of the Bears I have spoke to are expecting the same old and want things changed.

Turn our apparent weaknesses into strengths by timing who plays when. Some bravery for a change. 

Surely Phil knows our players better than them by now?

Honestly think if we are ahead at ht they would get nervous and our support would be the 12th man.

See how they cope with that...

The last time in a game that meant something trophy wise that we weren't behind at HT we beat them and that was gios cup semi (iirc canny be arsed googling beales cup semi final lol) we kept with them and while they took the lead, we could match them and eventually pulled away

He needs to do whatever it takes to make sure we aren't chasing shadows after ten mins, 

Only worry is that some of his only options have a habit of shitting the bed against this mob

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

What way to show the alky that he's good for Germany than by bossing the OF cup final (i kinda agree though, jack canny be close to fit enough to match them in the middle) 

Can’t believe Clark’s even considering him and there’s no way he should be anywhere near the side on Sat. 
The tartan army are welcome to him though - he’s fuck all use to us