16 minutes ago, ALerone said:

The whole ground is flat loads of empty seats where's all the away fans germany isnt far from italy?

Always been the case with the Italian national team. My dad's side of the family are from Lombardy, most support Milan, they told me all the ultras go home and away for their clubs but never for the national team. 

A lot of club fans in Italy genuinely don't give a fuck about the national team so won't spend the money following them.

There's a reason the national team have stopped playing solely at San Siro or the Olimpico for qualifiers and started using the smaller ones like the Allianz and a few others, stadiums were half empty unless it was a massive game, very different from France, Germany, Holland, UK etc.

Swiss have their tactics spot on now. 

Flat back 5, pack the midfield and just strangle the game at 2-0.

All Italy are doing is pass it around infront of the backline and offering zero penetration. Chiesa the only one trying to make anything creative happen. 

The Swiss are really brave on the ball and their press is so organised and stifling everything the Italians try.

Would like to see us get back to pressing like that.

Also puts our draw with the Swiss in a little perspective.

33 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I was a teenager of the 90's when Italian football was probably the best in Europe and was on C4 every week, so really got into it. 

Also love Italian culture

Oh, I just mean they're football team. 

I really fancy going to Italy. Love their food, wine and any Italians I've met have been spot on. I cannot stand their team though.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

He was hardly shit. But I suppose learning from Xabi Alonso helps.

He played a completely different role at Arsenal and didn't play to his strengths, he was a sitting defensive midfielder, Leverkusen and Switzerland play him much further forward.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Oh, I just mean they're football team. 

I really fancy going to Italy. Love their food, wine and any Italians I've met have been spot on. I cannot stand their team though.

Anything to do with that free kick Hutton got cheated out of?