Been a fairly meh tournament. Group stages were alright but it's felt like it's dragged on.

I don't think football is as entertaining now as it was 20+yrs ago. Always seems to be less and less players I'd pay to see, and a lot less household names.

I think the standard has became too good. Too drilled in. Too rehearsed and coached.

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

Been a fairly meh tournament. Group stages were alright but it's felt like it's dragged on.

I don't think football is as entertaining now as it was 20+yrs ago. Always seems to be less and less players I'd pay to see, and a lot less household names.

I think the standard has became too good. Too drilled in. Too rehearsed and coached.

Turkey were entertaining

28 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

The Scotland-England rivalry reminds me pretty much of Aberdeen-Rangers. In that it only really matters to one side 😂😂😂

Spot on.  Scotland aren't England's rivals and haven't been for a long time. McGinn's comments of "it's a rivalry mate" should've been shut down with "no. no, it's not".

57 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Me waking up with the realisation that the euros are over and I have to deal with 

Ibrox construction 

The Rangers board 

Champions league qualifiers and home games at Hampden 

ren-and-stimpy-ren.gif

:ang:

8 hours ago, Badger said:

It’s been the worst international tournament in recent times.

8 hours ago, Badger said:

The opening round of group stages was great, but then it seemed like too many teams had something at stake and sacrificed the joy of winning for the fear of losing.

With a small handful of exceptions, been pretty dull since.

Did manage to finish with a great second half yesterday, though!

1 hour ago, crmpicco said:

Spot on.  Scotland aren't England's rivals and haven't been for a long time. McGinn's comments of "it's a rivalry mate" should've been shut down with "no. no, it's not".

Why did England fans have multiple different songs to sing about Scotland then?

18 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

It’s been the worst international tournament in recent times.

Only points of note imo:

• Ronaldo is finished, thanks for a great career. Harry will be along soon.
  • Turkey, Georgia, Albania all showing what smaller countries can do
  • Southgate has taken England as far as he can
  • Germany produced a superbly organised tournament 
  • Steve Clarke has to be sacked but won’t be.
  • Best team won in a victory for skill over effort.

Screenshot_20240715_091439_Chrome.jpg

Looking at the team of the tournament from Euro 2000. Take out Milosevic and maybe Toldo too........ thats a whos who list, and even 24yrs later those guys are still well known.

I do think about Iif it's just looking back with a nostalgic eye, or was football particularly good back then? There will no doubt be some nostalgia, but there just seemed to be more star players and more magic moments.

25 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Only points of note imo:

• Ronaldo is finished, thanks for a great career. Harry will be along soon.
  • Turkey, Georgia, Albania all showing what smaller countries can do
  • Southgate has taken England as far as he can
  • Germany produced a superbly organised tournament 
  • Steve Clarke has to be sacked but won’t be.
  • Best team won in a victory for skill over effort.

:pierre:

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/itv-pundits-forget-scotland-exists-33244254

This reads like an article from The National. Absolutely embarrassing that that’s made it to print :lol:

The first decision of the day was which channel to watch the final on. The BBC went for the much criticised blowhard staters-of-the-obvious team, Rio, Micah, Lineker and, for balance, Juan Mata, but I opted for ITV almost solely for Roy Keane.

It was an occasion that desperately needed a non-English perspective

:belm: