Howe is the obvious choice for England. The biggest criticism of Southgate is his boring and defensive football and Howe is known for being an attacking manager. 

With the change in the running of the club they will likely want their own man and with where Newcastle are now I would expect them to be looking for a bigger name to take them forward. I don't see a world where Howe lasts the season so leaving on his own accord now for a job like England would make perfect sense.

I could then see Newcastle going for Pochettino.

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Howe is the obvious choice for England.

With the change in the running of the club they will likely want their own man and with where Newcastle are now I would expect them to be looking for a bigger name to take them forward. I don't see a world where Howe lasts the season so leaving on his own accord now for a job like England would make perfect sense.

I could then see Newcastle going for Pochettino.

Fingers crossed

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Because the England job is a better opportunity and Newcastle are in a situation where they can't go out and spend all the money they have.

he'd be mental to go IMO, but i suppose given the changes at board level, owners may well want a superstar name like Poch, Zidane or something.

36 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Do they though? Croatia, Germany (yes, not their usual selves) and Denmark all decent teams in 2021.

Switzerland and Holland decent this tournament

Decent was maybe the wrong word. England always lose to the first good team they play against !! Spain, France, Argentina, Brazil normally beat them. 

1 hour ago, BlueAvenger said:

Decent was maybe the wrong word. England always lose to the first good team they play against !! Spain, France, Argentina, Brazil normally beat them. 

England's record against Brazil is atrocious but the rest of that isn't correct. England have a winning record against Argentina  and a 50/50 record against Spain and France in the World Cups and Euros.

5 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Howe the obvious choice I think.

The 'who else?' celebration was definitely a bit Ronaldo-ish.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

England's record against Brazil is atrocious but the rest of that isn't correct. England have a winning record against Argentina  and a 50/50 record against Spain and France in the World Cups and Euros.

Is that overall ? I’m not sure if England’s record against these teams is that great in the last 40 years or so (though I might be wrong). 

5 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Surprised by that.

He’s always been very articulate and well spoken when interviewed.

Possibly sussed out the rest of them aren’t on his level, and not just in a footballing sense…

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kyle Walker getting into this is hilarious. 

Walker :lol:

Honestly thought he was probably England's worst player in this tournament. Was at fault for about 4 of their goals.

Can't really argue with much of the rest of it. Probably would have picked Costa over Maignan though.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think England have beat 1 team ranked inside the top 10 in the last 50 years in a major tournament. Before this year at least. Not sure if Netherlands were in the top 10 this time.

13 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Is that overall ? I’m not sure if England’s record against these teams is that great in the last 40 years or so (though I might be wrong). 

Yes.

England beat Argentina in 1962, 1966 and 2002 and lost in 1986 and 1998.

Beat France in 1966 and 1982, drew in 1992 and 2012, and lost in 2004 and 2022.

Beat Spain in 1980 and 1996, drew in 1982 and lost in 1950 and 2024.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yes.

England beat Argentina in 1962, 1966 and 2002 and lost in 1986 and 1998.

Beat France in 1966 and 1982, drew in 1992 and 2012, and lost in 2004 and 2022.

Beat Spain in 1980 and 1996, drew in 1982 and lost in 1950 and 2024.

Cheers. Overall their past record is decent but since 1984 (last 40 years) England’s record is not great. 

Brazil, Argentina, Spain and France win tournaments (as do Germany and Italy) whilst England have won nothing. 

27 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Walker :lol:

Honestly thought he was probably England's worst player in this tournament. Was at fault for about 4 of their goals.

Can't really argue with much of the rest of it. Probably would have picked Costa over Maignan though.

Would have had the Georgia keeper above both

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He done press conferences, including after the defeat though, wouldn’t blame any England player refusing to give their media any interviews etc either in all honesty.

Wasn’t necessarily talking just about the media though, he was the golden boy 2/3 months ago with everyone, now everything he does is fake, he’s too arrogant and cocky for his own good

They need a new Sterling to have a go at.

On 16/07/2024 at 11:16, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The Athletic and the Mail saying that Bellingham was causing friction in the camp by refusing to do media duties and not having a strong relationship with the rest of the squad.

Seems to be getting a bit big for his boots.

Supposedly players are unhappy about that Hey Jude advert by Adidas.

On 16/07/2024 at 21:44, Jelavic191 said:

Seen this on twitter just there but turns out it’s just a list Talksport created themselves that also includes Pep and Jose 😂😂😂

Heard some idiot phoning in Talksport the other day to argue for her. 

Call it sexism, misogynistic, bigotry, bla, bla, bla etc all you want, young, top class male players aren't following the lead of a woman. Ain't happening. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Heard some idiot phoning in Talksport the other day to argue for her. 

Call it sexism, misogynistic, bigotry, bla, bla, bla etc all you want, young, top class male players aren't following the lead of a woman. Ain't happening. 

I tend to agree with you, but I hope she gets it. Would be a right laugh.