Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

18 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'll probably change my mind nearer the time but as it stands I want this to happen. People voting with their feet is the only way to make them listen.

that in itself wont be enough they'll place the blame for that elsewhere i think they would need to see a substantial amount of the support has had enough of them and on a consistent basis

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We are now back to where we were pre - Gerrard in 2018.

A complete train wreck.

Talks of wholesale changes/rebuilds etc now binned for lets see what pre -season/ tactics chat can do to improve players who continually have let us down.

This season is going to be absolutely toxic.

This board have taken us as far as they can, it’s time for them to sell up.

The people with their head in the sand will start to wake up when the filth start taunting us about winning 55

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We are now back to where we were pre - Gerrard in 2018.

A complete train wreck.

Talks of wholesale changes/rebuilds etc now binned for lets see what pre -season/ tactics chat can do to improve players who continually have let us down.

This season is going to be absolutely toxic.

This board have taken us as far as they can, it’s time for them to sell up.

Arguably worse given the multiple lengthy and costly contracts we've got for sub standard players.

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Clement has always said his focus is on young talent. And a long term football strategy

He changed the pathway to our senior squad for developing players. 

He knew his budget over his tenure and to suggest the interview panel and process (including Souness) lied to him about budgets is silly. Clement knew what he was taking on that’s for sure. 

Why would Souness even be talking to him about budgets?

I think the transfer window has been a disaster so far and have said I've been underwhelmed with it longer than most with some of the signings we've brought in but I will judge it once it's complete.

I will be surprised if we don't eventually make some proper signings. Not getting any in early enough is a disaster but if we get them in by the end I'll be reasonably happy if they end up actually being good enough/exciting and everything we need. Probably setting up for more failure with that expectation but we'll see. 

Suggestions of not attending games or protests is premature and not going to help anything.

23 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I think the transfer window has been a disaster so far and have said I've been underwhelmed with it longer than most with some of the signings we've brought in but I will judge it once it's complete.

I will be surprised if we don't eventually make some proper signings. Not getting any in early enough is a disaster but if we get them in by the end I'll be reasonably happy if they end up actually being good enough/exciting and everything we need. Probably setting up for more failure with that expectation but we'll see. 

Suggestions of not attending games or protests is premature and not going to help anything.

The window started fine, releasing all OOC excl Balogun I was happy with. Signing earlyish those we have incl Barron and Cortes is great. It's then its faltered and imo clear we need to sell / loan out in order to buy / loan in.

We're now sorely lacking on experience and whoever comes in will have missed the crucial Holland trip where team bonding, tactics, transitions, set pieces, etc will all have been developed.

We're likely to struggle to offload then fumble about last minute once competitive football has started bringing in those other clubs also want to move on 

On the not attending I'm against it. We could answer should do something be it coming in en mass collectively late, all head to concourse / back of stands at half time showing almost full stadium if empty seats, seas of banners etc. Team still need and deserve our backing.

19 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Better to just sit back and watch the club achieve fuck all because of the wankers in charge 

Sound.

From a squad point of view, there’s not much anyone can do unless we find someone who wants to take overpriced dross off our hands.

I think we’ll get a couple more in, but unless we shift the deadwood we just don’t have the funds or wage budget to bring in new bodies. It’s probably the wage budget more than anything that’s driving it.

Looking for miracles of Koppen. 

33 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Thinking of the future I think we've signed quite well , but the problem is the here and now .

We need to now sign players that are ready to walk into the first team . In that respect it's been disappointing so far .

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

He wouldn’t. But he’d be aware of the job spec, the constraints and the overall package. 

So he couldn't have lied about budgets then and absolutely nobody suggested he did.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

He wouldn’t. But he’d be aware of the job spec, the constraints and the overall package. 

If they've decieved Clement they'll have done the same to Souness as well, assuming they even talked about it with him.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

From a squad point of view, there’s not much anyone can do unless we find someone who wants to take overpriced dross off our hands.

I think we’ll get a couple more in, but unless we shift the deadwood we just don’t have the funds or wage budget to bring in new bodies. It’s probably the wage budget more than anything that’s driving it.

Looking for miracles of Koppen. 

Pointless with no money. Hoping for that is mental imo 

22 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Better to just sit back and watch the club achieve fuck all because of the wankers in charge 

Sound.

Ok. Organise something. Get on social media and organise something that sends your message. Bring together RSC from all over and get action done. Make sure your message is heard far and wide. Tv radio msm the lot. 

otherwise you are also sitting back and taking zero action but moaning on the fucking internet. 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok. Organise something. Get on social media and organise something that sends your message. Bring together RSC from all over and get action done. Make sure your message is heard far and wide. Tv radio msm the lot. 

otherwise you are also sitting back and taking zero action but moaning on the fucking internet. 

This has fair cheered me up. 

@The Godfather expected to phone up the BBC/SSN/Super Scoreboard etc saying 'I demand you put me on your show, I've got a message I need to spread to the Rangers support' :lol: :lol: 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Some amount of stoaters in this thread. 

Fuck me you should just line up and throw yourself off the fucking Erskine bridge now. 

Same posters every time crying on the internet like babies. 

Since we got promoted in 2016 we’ve won 3 trophies. Thats 3 trophies in 8 years under this current ownership of the club. In that same time the scum have won 19 trophies including 5 trebles. We now have a manager who said we need to sell in order to buy players but the issue is we have a bloated squad of players on high wages we can’t sell due to their age. Are you honestly trying to tell me the outlook of the club and where we are going is positive? You think we are in a good place to be successful?

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Since we got promoted in 2016 we’ve won 3 trophies. Thats 3 trophies in 8 years under this current ownership of the club. In that same time the scum have won 19 trophies including 5 trebles. We now have a manager who said we need to sell in order to buy players but the issue is we have a bloated squad of players on high wages we can’t sell due to their age. Are you honestly trying to tell me the outlook of the club and where we are going is positive? You think we are in a good place to be successful?

Seasons of poor decisions regarding players, recruitment and management style. The overall state of our current squad is pretty much unknown (new players) and bang average shite ones. 

We have rinsed and repeated managers who have been sub standard and not up to the job. 

Clement is hamstrung by a poor budget and knows this. 

So what is it we have to do? Where is the cash coming from? Who would “buy the club” big investment?

We need to stop this cycle that has continued for years and buy into Clement’s strategy. It’s not his fault regarding shite players on decent money.  But he’s identified some prospects that might bring both success and income in the future. He only renewed one contract out of six - shifting 5 reasonable earners out the door. That’s positive. 

I’m fully behind him but not blindly but if there’s anyone that can build something here it’s Clement.  

The scum had a free run at titles and CL money whilst we fucked about illegally in the lower leagues. That’s their legacy which still impacts us today. 

My worry is that we'll see another manager (and a very good one, IMO) chased because things may not go right straight away. Obviously hope we hit the ground running this season, but I think we need to back Clement regardless. He's clearly hamstrung by the last 2 summers of abysmal recruitment so it won't be easy to punt some of the wasters currently on the wage bill.

Can't keep rinsing and repeating managers.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Seasons of poor decisions regarding players, recruitment and management style. The overall state of our current squad is pretty much unknown (new players) and bang average shite ones. 

We have rinsed and repeated managers who have been sub standard and not up to the job. 

Clement is hamstrung by a poor budget and knows this. 

So what is it we have to do? Where is the cash coming from? Who would “buy the club” big investment?

We need to stop this cycle that has continued for years and buy into Clement’s strategy. It’s not his fault regarding shite players on decent money.  But he’s identified some prospects that might bring both success and income in the future. He only renewed one contract out of six - shifting 5 reasonable earners out the door. That’s positive. 

I’m fully behind him but not blindly but if there’s anyone that can build something here it’s Clement.  

The scum had a free run at titles and CL money whilst we fucked about illegally in the lower leagues. That’s their legacy which still impacts us today. 

I’m pretty sure 99% of the support are behind Clement though. And again the support know fine well who is responsible for 2012 etc and there is zero blame at this boards door for 2012-2015. However from 2016 onwards it’s been an absolute shit show from the people running the club. The board peaked with 55 and we are now in a decline. The board should look at putting the club up for sale and see if any buyers are out there. If nothing happens and change doesn’t take place then the scum will be miles ahead of us trophy wise over the next 10 years or so. That damage to the club will be irreversible. If the board aren’t willing to sell up then it’ll be protests similar to 2013/14 in order to get rid.

I still think that after the Saudi transfer window opens and a few of ours leave then we can start bringing in decent experienced players. 

Bloody hope I'm right about this mind. :headwall:

6 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

My worry is that we'll see another manager (and a very good one, IMO) chased because things may not go right straight away. Obviously hope we hit the ground running this season, but I think we need to back Clement regardless. He's clearly hamstrung by the last 2 summers of abysmal recruitment so it won't be easy to punt some of the wasters currently on the wage bill.

Can't keep rinsing and repeating managers.

I don’t think it’ll be on the manager this time. I think the anger will be aimed at the board this time. The majority of the bears I speak to are mainly focused on Bennet and his mates. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I don’t think it’ll be on the manager this time. I think the anger will be aimed at the board this time. The majority of the bears I speak to are mainly focused on Bennet and his mates. 

Would like to think it would be that way but the reality is unless we're winning then his starting 11, subs, tactics etc will soon fuck everyone off and especially at games he'll catch the abuse too.

Not saying the Board won't get targeted, just that I honestly can see PC also catching it big time too despite us wanting to be level headed about it.