Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

Truth is needs to get a song out of what we have. We can all see the glaring holes in the starting 11 but then still picks underperformed players who others have been available.

Spent on Diomande and the new striker that is apparently not ready.

Wasn't ruthless at points last year but understandable to keep the squad harmony. 

Yeah he could be backed more but is really inflexible in his approach and our form fell off a cliff. 

We all knew we had to shift at least 8 before doing anything.

We might get lucky on with some loans for once.

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That’s why we need change now. Another 10 years under this current leadership and we’ll be about 20 trophies behind them. That is the reality that’s now staring us in the face.

They’ll dominate easily for years to come if nothing changes 

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

In terms of hype it’s not even close, but in terms of where we actually are as a club on the park we are still miles ahead of where we were then.

When Gerrard arrived we we were coming off the back of a season where we finished 3rd in the league, we got knocked out of the Europa League by Progres, celtic put 9 goals past us in two games in the space of a fortnight in April, we had three managers in a season and we were relying on guys like Wes Foderingham, Declan John, Jason Holt and Josh Windass to be regular starters for us.

Yeah you're probably right if you take it from when he was appointed. But I think if we look at where we were even by the end of his first transfer window to where we are now I'd much rather be where we were then that where we are right now. 

Obviously there's still time to go in this window so perhaps fairer to compare once this one closes but it just feels like there is so much negativity and built up frustration and anger under the surface ready to explode right now. 

He'll be an easy and obvious target for other clubs to recruit now.

And how is he supposed to build any coherent team togetherness if he's trying to shift some of the squad but ends up stuck with them.  He clearly doesn't want to be playing Ben Davies.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

There must have been a solution which didn’t involve rendering the whole stadium unavailable in the event of an overrun to the required works.

This.

Plus, I doubt it was a surprise that they had to meet a certain criteria. They will have known for sometime.
Somebody needs their hole booted.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

If it's medicine taking time then Bennett should be coming out and say that rather than staying silent. All for giving Clement more time, don't think Clement will give us time if things continue as they are currently.

Biggest issue is we don't know anything because they say nothing. Only coming out and giving holding statements when the heat is really on them. It's pathetic.

Managers don't walk as they would get nothing, they either sit tight and get paid off or they get offered another job and leave. 

Anyone else saying he's going to walk is talking shite. It's not an ideal scenario and he would have every right to do so but managers don't just walk away without anything. 

To me it looks like he's been given assurances that he'll be given time to get his own team together eventually. If he gets offered another job in that time frame then I'd expect he will leave. 

6 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The day I never see Scott Wright pull on our Jersey again can't come quick enough, either as a starter or sub. Can't believe we still have the useless prick. 

Add Matondo, Dowell etc.

Dowell in particular barely had a touch. Incredibly poor.

40 minutes ago, beararse said:

This.

Plus, I doubt it was a surprise that they had to meet a certain criteria. They will have known for sometime.
Somebody needs their hole booted.

Yes.

I’ll bet any fines for non-compliance will be miniscule by comparison to the costs of sorting the current mess out.

That’s not to say that we shouldn’t be doing our best to provide the correct level of facilities, but it shouldn’t have led to this level of disruption.

10 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The day I never see Scott Wright pull on our Jersey again can't come quick enough, either as a starter or sub. Can't believe we still have the useless prick. 

Clement was talking him up after the Ajax game.  Missed two good chances from where I was sitting. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Can't remember who said it on here the other week, but if I'm Clement I'm looking for a way out pronto and giving 2 fingers to the board on the way out. And not a single supporter would blame him. 

The board are charlatans. 

If that’s the case then it’s pretty guaranteed we’ll end up with McInnes or Lampard. If Clement were to leave it would be 4 managers in 4 seasons. I think we had 16 managers in 148 years before that. Fucking basket case!

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Add Matondo, Dowell etc.

Dowell in particular barely had a touch. Incredibly poor.

Playing Dowell wide right yesterday shows how poor our options are in that area.

19 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Clement was talking him up after the Ajax game.  Missed two good chances from where I was sitting. 

Aye. He looked ok in a friendly against an open attacking team lacking fitness on a mild summers day in a training stadium with a decent pitch.

Wait until we're against 11 hammer throwers sitting in a low block in November when it's 2° and pissing down and the pitch resembles a mud pit. We've seen this story before.

Not telling Clement the truth regarding funding was one mistake too far from this board. Would be very surprised if ihe is not looking to move on. Looks like Bennet is a bell end.

If we do not strengthen this squad  we would be as well waiting for 2025-2026. Crowds could be well down because we will fail early. Clement praising Scott Wright and Tom Lawrence after the Ajax friendly was depressing.

52 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Won't be the last Celment will be talking up the rest of the dross in the team either after a match.

He knows he needs to get a tune out some of these players or his job is on this line as he doesn't have the funds to replace them.

20 minutes ago, King Jela said:

There's nothing surer than it happening. 

Basket case is even putting it mildly at the minute. They're running of the club since 55 has been scandalous. 

In fact, it looks to me now that they pretty much did the same with Gerrard now if his Sky interview is anything to go by. 

Then they absolutely fucked Gio over. 

Then they gave full backing to a mole faced scumbag bastard. 

Then they lied to get Clement in through the door. 

And that's just a fraction of the football fuck ups you could get into. Never mind recruitment, big wages on crocks and repeated failures, the friendly abroad carry on, countlessly being fucked over by refs without a word from them, letting big assets run down their contracts or their value, season ticket prices, champions league prices, the court cases, the repeated, pish statements and of course the stadium debacle we've found ourselves on. 

All fall on the head of this weak, inept, incompetent, circus act of a board.

The good thing is the majority of the fanbase now see this and the focus will be on the board if we have a poor start instead of the manager. Hampden will be toxic if it’s a poor start to the season and we need to let the Parks and that Bennet know all about it!

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The good thing is the majority of the fanbase now see this and the focus will be on the board if we have a poor start instead of the manager. Hampden will be toxic if it’s a poor start to the season and we need to let the Parks and that Bennet know all about it!

Hopefully. We're a broad church though and that includes a decent size % that can't see the woods for the trees. Or in this case, what's bang smack right in front of their faces.