graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

4 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Muscat’s contract is up in less than a month and he’s about to win the title in China, it wouldn’t surprise me if the board go back to him.

He only signed for a year? The only way I see Muscat even considering it is if he wants to break into Europe in management following the footsteps of fat ange

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Why the summer? Surely if we're that sure he's the wrong man then we bring in someone sooner to get to know the squad's strengths and weaknesses so they have a better chance at recruitment? 

Because we've done it 3 seasons in a row and each time we've had a bounce and it hasn't worked long term. It's not a coincidence.

50 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Only thing he got right was taking off Tav, finally. Terrible night for him. 

Although Lyon were quality.

Not even convinced he got that right tbh. Not because Tav deserves to be playing and didn’t deserve to be hooked, because he did.

The issue with me is that Tav has looked washed all season, and even last season too and for me strong management would have been leaving him out long before now.

Finally making the big call to haul him off when we are already 4-1 down in a game that’s probably going to see the vast majority of the support turn on him (Clement), gives off vibes of a manager who’s gone into self preservation mode to try and keep the support on side.

5 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Muscat’s contract is up in less than a month and he’s about to win the title in China, it wouldn’t surprise me if the board go back to him.

I think most of the fans would take that just now.

The major issue is that the board backed him with a contract extension only a few short months ago when Clement was already saying words to the effect that we were going to be more of a project. Since the scum game we've won every game apart from tonight and the board will look at tonight's game like a free hit so it will have no bearing on their decisions over the manager. For managerial change we need us to take a nose dive domestically which obviously none of us want. Europa league will probably get ugly with some of the games we still have to face. 

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Why the summer? Surely if we're that sure he's the wrong man then we bring in someone sooner to get to know the squad's strengths and weaknesses so they have a better chance at recruitment? 

Because they come in to a shit show and inevitably lose games , they then start the next season a few games away from being bang in trouble and having those getting to know the squad games used to batter them 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

The major issue is that the board backed him with a contract extension only a few short months ago when Clement was already saying words to the effect that we were going to be more of a project. Since the scum game we've won every game apart from tonight and the board will look at tonight's game like a free hit so it will have no bearing on their decisions over the manager. For managerial change we need us to take a nose dive domestically which obviously none of us want. Europa league will probably get ugly with some of the games we still have to face. 

Board have a get out clause by saying it was Bennetts decision. Probably still not use it until they are properly in the spotlight again for their own incompetence.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

It feels like the end of Gio’s reign, where the writing is already on the wall but we have to wait for him to drop points before a decision can be made.

Pittodrie might be the one that decides it.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Because we've done it 3 seasons in a row and each time we've had a bounce and it hasn't worked long term. It's not a coincidence.

Doing it now wouldn't be repeating the same mistake though as it has nothing to do with the timing and all to do with the managers were picking. Obviously and several other issues (squad and finances) which make things difficult regardless of who the manager is. 

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He only signed for a year? The only way I see Muscat even considering it is if he wants to break into Europe in management following the footsteps of fat ange

Craig Moore said he was devastated to lose out to Clement and that the ship has sailed. 

Couldn't blame him if he told this board where to go if they approach him again.

50 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Only thing he got right was taking off Tav, finally. Terrible night for him. 

Although Lyon were quality.

I really don't think they were. 

Their forward line was outstanding but defensively they were fucking all over the place tonight, especially the first half. Cerny scores that sitter and it would have been a different game. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not even convinced he got that right tbh. Not because Tav deserves to be playing and didn’t deserve to be hooked, because he did.

The issue with me is that Tav has looked washed all season, and even last season too and for men strong management would have been leaving him out long before now.

Finally making the big call to haul him off when we are already 4-1 down in a game that’s probably going to see the vast majority of the support turn on him (Clement), gives of vibes of a manager who’s gone into self preservation mode to try and keep the support on side.

He's likely still the best player in training, probably rules supreme tbh when you have everyone looking up to him in the dressing room and no other players big enough to take over that mantle then it's no surprise the performances are so flat and disjointed 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Because they come in to a shit show and inevitably lose games , they then start the next season a few games away from being bang in trouble and having those getting to know the squad games used to batter them 

If a manager comes in and start implementing a style of play that involves actually playing football and the ability to do the basics then i think they would get huge amounts of leeway. I would like to think most fans are bright enough to see the absolute fucking state we are under clement. We have absolutely no identity what so ever. We play differently every single game and try to rely on moments of magic to win us games even against utter dross like hibs in the league

Under Gerrard in Europe we were set up to be hard to beat and we had ability to hit teams on Counter.

Under Gio, he was flexible. How many times when we were under cosh in Europa run would he drop Lundstram into a back 5 and basically we were 5-4-1

Under Clement  it’s just the same film but with different actors and his subs are basically just throwing shite at a wall.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Craig Moore said he was devastated to lose out to Clement and that the ship has sailed. 

Couldn't blame him if he told this board where to go if they approach him again.

Probably counting his blessings looking at our shit show of a board

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

If a manager comes in and start implementing a style of play that involves actually playing football and the ability to do the basics then i think they would get huge amounts of leeway. I would like to think most fans are bright enough to see the absolute fucking state we are under clement. We have absolutely no identity what so ever. We play differently every single game and try to rely on moments of magic to win us games even against utter dross like hibs in the league

Nah that leeway dissapears very quickly as we have seen repeatedly now , btw this isnt me backing clement , hes not the guy and its been obvious for a while imo , but putting managers into position like this is putting them on the back foot from the off