graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Btw we can prattle on here as much as we like but the absolutely depressing fact is that he's going nowhere and will be the manager at the start of next season regardless of what happens in the coming months, I'm absolutely sure of that .

When we lose at pittodrie on the 30th  he’ll get booted, 9 points behind the sheep and the scum before November.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Btw we can prattle on here as much as we like but the absolutely depressing fact is that he's going nowhere and will be the manager at the start of next season regardless of what happens in the coming months, I'm absolutely sure of that .

fwiw i think he'll resign if we lose to aberdeen next week. looked bereft in the post-match press conference

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

He will be gone in 3 weeks maximum

8 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He'll have to get used to playing in midfield at Kilmarnock now though. 

Should have the hang of it by time he's 36yo (still captain) and Clement still striving for that Oct/Nov Form. :confused:

This is too close to the ‘many a true word spoken in jest’ category😳

1 minute ago, hawkfalcons said:

And to think we gave him an extension to his contract, absolute madness 

I said on the 1st August that it wasn't deserved based on our appaling end to last season. Think I said at that point we would be looking for new manager come Halloween 🎃 

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

When we lose at pittodrie on the 30th  he’ll get booted, 9 points behind the sheep and the scum before November.

Nobody is getting booted before the new CEO comes in. We do need an engine in that midfield though and we need a shape that can adapt to the players playing within it.

34 minutes ago, jamesy58 said:

Muscat might be an option, and certainly if he is out of contract in November that would help, not sure how some of these players would cope with his high tempo game. 

They wouldn't they can't cope with the turgid tempo they use just now. One of the slowest and unfit Rangers teams I have seen and that's on him.

Think most of our permanent signings would be suited to it.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

The sliding doors moment was our manager slipping away to villa unfortunately 

That's complete and utter pish, you're choosing to remember Gerrard being far better than he ever was, he was hopeless here, Covid saved him, I was at Ibrox the night we lost to Hamilton and if we never had Leverkusan in the Europa, he would've been out the door after that result, even with those games, there's no way he would've survived the tims winning back to back trebles, so he'd have been gone in that summer at the latest, then he shit the bed in a season where we'll never get an easier opportunity to win a treble, I could forgive him for the St Mirren defeat, but the league was done and dusted by the time St Johnstone rattled us out the Scottish at Ibrox, then he shat the bed again against 10 man Malmo in the Champions League at Ibrox, that's your sliding doors moment, that's when all our current problems began, that night.

Then when the tims had their worst start to a League season in about 3 thousand years, but his team was dropping points left right and center, everyone knew they would improve as the season went on, but that was our chance to fully establish ourselves as Scotland's best team and make sure by the time they improved, we'd be well clear, and take that automatic Champions League spot, coz they would never get through UCL qualifiers, but Gerrard completely fucked it.

Thankfully he won the League off them, hold him in high regard for that, but be honest with yourself, in fact tell yourself whatever you want, but when you put it down in words, don't be surprised when cunts dig you up for it.

6 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Nobody is getting booted before the new CEO comes in. We do need an engine in that midfield though and we need a shape that can adapt to the players playing within it.

The same CEO we’ve been waiting for since May? More chance of Dessers passing the ball 5 yards to another Rangers player than that happening. Don’t know if you’ve realised this mate but the Board are liars.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Think most of our permanent signings would be suited to it.

Don't think it would suit Tav, Propper, Souttar, Lawrence, Dessers. Diamonde maybe if we got a manager that could drill some game intelligence into him. He honestly looks lost in midfield. 

He might be able to adapt, but at the moment I think he's awful. 

19 minutes ago, ranopano said:

fwiw i think he'll resign if we lose to aberdeen next week. looked bereft in the post-match press conference

Resignation would be the absolute best outcome for us , I really hope that happens, obviously don't want to lose next week but if we do then goodbye and good riddance. 

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I honestly don't know what we do at this point.

It will cost £10m to get rid of him. That's next seasons transfer budget gone. 

If im right in thinking, i think some of that transfer budget may also be tied up in a loan to buy obligation for Cortes. 

We're financially so wasteful.

20 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

They were saying on the radio earlier as well that a lot of that Killie team are players he's worked with in the past. Not sure how he would be with being able to recruit a supposed higher level of player.

He's picking up Rangers B players, Aberdeen cast offs, and getting them to beat us on a miniscule budget comparatively.

I don't want him and think he'd be a gamble in some senses, we certainly need better for where we should be striving to get to. But his players have bought into him, play for him, know what they're doing despite their limitations. Stuff we're not getting from our manager hence why we're not even the 2nd best in Scotland and genuine competitors to that mob.

Genuinely staggering they extended his contract when they did.

There’s no comeback from where he has us now.

There is no game plan and it’s just hoping someone produces a bit of quality.

We didn’t have one decent passing move that whole game which is wild.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Resignation would be the absolute best outcome for us , I really hope that happens, obviously don't want to lose next week but if we do then goodbye and good riddance. 

For one, I think he's too stubborn to resign, and not many managers do these days and forfeit their payout. Extending the useless pricks contract was criminal.