graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

30 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

What you mean available? Any player is available at the right price. 

We probably could have got Miovski for less than Dessers after 22/23 season.

Once he nailed 2 good seasons he was out our budget.

Generally it’s probably harder to sign sheep players unless they’re end of contract as they hate us.

But gone are the days of waiting for a player to be class for 3 seasons.

Thats my fear with Miller. Every window that goes by and he keeps performing his value goes up.

Nah, he was never available to us for anything reasonable or that we could afford when it came to dealing with Aberdeen

24 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

Well it takes six months for new players to get  a decent run in the team at times, which you could understand if we were actually playing well.

Other thing I really dont get, was talking about this with a couple of guys at work, if we truly have no money, why arent we giving more of the B team a run out here and there - if this is really a 'transition season' and we're not expecting to challenge then you have nothing to lose. Why, for instance, give Fraser a new contract but never play him. He's 21. He's not gaining any experience sitting on the bench or playing for the B team so either play him - and others like him - or get rid because if hes not making it at 21 he's not making it. Play him, he might do ok and we can perhaps shift him on for a million or two. More than likely just end up being freed like others before him. Clement talks about building for the future, but the players he's brought in for money, if anything have gone down in value there certainly isnt anyone at the moment thats crying out to be signed by and EPL club or whatever for a decent fee. Or any fee. Whole so called re-build is just a shambolic mess.

The thing with young players at a club like ours is you can guarantee they will grow and gain confidence ,being in the squad week in week out and not playing is a complete waste of everybody's time and money

2 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Did he even answer it. Just went off on some mad tangent about Bajrami and players just being in the building.

Fuck knows what that has to do with him implementing a style of play. 

Its almost like he cant handle the pressure of whats going on.  Something i never expected of him to be honest.

Trying to tear apart the question rather than answering it straight suggests he doesnt have the answer 

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It’s such a bad excuse, and when you give him examples of players hitting the ground running elsewhere he’ll just say every player is different…..yet somehow we always end up with players that take an age to get fit or settle in

It really is such a poor excuse to counter a rod he built for his own back when he said the best team would be seen in October. 

14 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Who’s left? Apart from Tav, we’ve pretty much cleared the decks.

In modern football I think we really need a guy who’s ‘bigger’ than the players, or we’ll be constantly in this cycle. Worked with Gerrard as he was the biggest, highest profile guy at the club. If it came down to it, he could pull the trigger and cunts would be gone. Hadn’t really had that since Walter.

Makes the next appointment really difficult. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Who’s left? Apart from Tav, we’ve pretty much cleared the decks.

In modern football I think we really need a guy who’s ‘bigger’ than the players, or we’ll be constantly in this cycle. Worked with Gerrard as he was the biggest, highest profile guy at the club. If it came down to it, he could pull the trigger and cunts would be gone. Hadn’t really had that since Walter.

Makes the next appointment really difficult. 

I'd guess he's had an issue with Butland following the Lyon game comments then blaming him for the goal on Sunday. Gio was clearly a nice guy but had no authority, Beale couldn't demand respect from an under 5s team and Clement seems to just piss everyone off. I think there's just such a cancer within the club, this is just another indictment that the dressing room is just as much a problem as the boardroom

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

He doesnt hear anything hes just a shit stirring cunt , was going on about how he really hopes aberdeen finish second the other day 

Why not say he hopes they finish 1st? 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Only club in world football where every signing we make needs 12 months to settle in. 

Cause they can't get all the furniture right away so it takes time to make them happy with the chest of drawers they have 

One thing is for sure if when we are beaten next Wednesday and he’s eventually sacked is the shitebag players get to play for fuck all for the rest of the season picking up 30k a week to play for no trophies. Less pressure equals more wins and points then as soon as it gets to being a grind again it’s the manager who either doesn’t have respect, is clueless, isn’t liked etc etc. 

Players for the last 4 years involved in this club are here to pick up a wage and that’s it. They don’t care. They play and act like mid-table footballers with nothing to play for before a ball is kicked and they are led by Captain disappointed who is completely scarred and checked out 18 months ago. It’s disgusting

The worrying thought is that when Clement does eventually go, all the names mentioned as potential replacements are not very inspiring.

Until we get rid off the actual cause of our current state, whether it's the players or the board, nothing will ever change. There's too many players who are used to failure led by captain failure himself and a board that seems to lack direction, just stumbling from one screw up to the next.

4 minutes ago, shaka said:

The worrying thought is that when Clement does eventually go, all the names mentioned as potential replacements are not very inspiring.

Until we get rid off the actual cause of our current state, whether it's the players or the board, nothing will ever change. There's too many players who are used to failure led by captain failure himself and a board that seems to lack direction, just stumbling from one screw up to the next.

We got rid of a lot of those failures in the summer Barasic, Goldson, Lundstram etc. 

I always felt it was a huge mistake not offloading tav as well and it's showing. 

The board those that haven't left are the biggest root cause. We badly need a change and I can't see that happening unless they can be somehow forced out.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We got rid of a lot of those failures in the summer Barasic, Goldson, Lundstram etc. 

I always felt it was a huge mistake not offloading tav as well and it's showing. 

The board those that haven't left are the biggest root cause. We badly need a change and I can't see that happening unless they can be somehow forced out.

Until we see changes at board level and a change in leadership on the field, it's hard to see how constantly changing the manager can make a difference.