graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

See press picked up on throwing Kasa under the bus

It's incredible who he does and doesn't throw under the bus.

Said it before, this is no defense of these two players, but he hauled off Cantwell after 30mins last season. He dropped Goldson.

Yet he was happy to watch Propper get crushed by Vassell for 65-70mins. Picked Tav week in week despite him being well off form.

Makes no sense. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

McInnes would be another pragmatic manager. He’s not going to come in and make the team more attack minded and enjoyable to watch. That’s not what we need right now.

He'll get much more out of the players, make us a strong team defensively and knows scottish football inside out. It's a tough call but the fancy foreigner isn't working.

Only way clement gets sacked is if the fans majorly turn to the point it’s absolutely toxic every game , he’s only a few more bad results away from that happening . Regardless if the board don’t want to sack him / can’t afford to sack him the heat from the fans will give them no other option . 

14 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Said it before, this is no defense of these two players, but he hauled off Cantwell after 30mins last season. He dropped Goldson.

Yet he was happy to watch Propper get crushed by Vassell for 65-70mins. Picked Tav week in week despite him being well off form.

Makes no sense. 

And when Tav is pretty shite and Clement feels a change is needed his answer is to move Tav further forward rather than sub him or better drop him. 😡

22 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Makes no sense. 

Kasanwajiro is a loan player who clearly hasn't shown Clement enough, says more about the manager for me but fair enough

Its why he's defending his own signings like Propper etc. 

I dont think he makes it out of the next 3 weeks 

I've never thought this before and it almost pains me to say it but i think we need a scottish manager, someone who knows the league.

We cant sack clement and hire another cunt from a european league where the football is slow and players have time and space on the ball . They always seem to think that will work against a  killie or dundee away but it doesnt and theres no plan B. 

Maybe doesnt have to be scottish , but british at least 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Kasanwajiro is a loan player who clearly hasn't shown Clement enough, says more about the manager for me but fair enough

Its why he's defending his own signings like Propper etc. 

It shouldn't matter IMO, it's his squad for the year regardless. Bizarre to single him out. 

9 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

It shouldn't matter IMO, it's his squad for the year regardless. Bizarre to single him out. 

Aww I 100% agree and think its another ridiculous thing in a long list of things that Clement's done

Just trying to think of some sort of explanation for publically calling a guy out who we've got on loan with an option to buy and by all accounts looks a decent prospect both at club and international level

3 minutes ago, skinnymate1690 said:

Because it will be someone that knows our game , knows what players will suit it , how to set up and play. 

We've tried the foreign route 3 out the past 5 appointments and  Gio's european run aside, they've all not been good enough.  

McCoist knew the Scottish game. Warburton and Beale were British and done fuck all. 

Gio was Dutch and took us to a major European final. 

Fat Ange PeadoCoglou was Australian, knew fuck all about the Scottish game, came from the Jap leagues and won 5 trophies in 2 years. 

Fuck your staunch points. 

Moving Tav into midfield was a laughable suggestion about 3 years ago when people were regularly suggesting it, but at least he had the legs to do it then.

The fact Clement is trying it now about 80 minutes into a game when he’s got nowhere near the energy or ability levels to cope with it anymore is frankly fucking ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nope.

Absolutely no interest in someone who thinks they know “our game”. I want someone to come in and recognise it’s as shite as it is and treats it with nothing but contempt by steamrollering it 

This ☝️

Our last couple of mangers have all tried to implement a slow build up hold onto the ball approach. It doesn't work. 

We need a manager that will play an aggressive, high tempo attacking game. Go after the shite in this league. 

He won’t be sacked soon. No one in post to do it.

My main worry is next few months, we got to Sheep at end of the month, have euro games against quality teams and have an inevitable semi/final loss upcoming. Next 2 and half months run to Christmas it going to be bad to worse.

Its guaranteed and we’ll be as low as it gets by new year game with them. That’s my fear / prediction. Hope I’m wrong but I won’t be.

We need fast paced, all out attacking football in the league.

It should have been Muscat after Gerrard left, and each manager that passes I still think he is the guy who would bring the style of football we need for the league.

I think Clement is here for the season though, brutal thought.

I just don't even see a pattern of play when we have the ball at all , it's so weird, like what do we work on!

Gerrard had his wee triangles with Kent Kamara Aribo etc.. and with Jack covering Tav to fly front etc.

Warburton just passed passed n passed.

With Clement I don't see anything in a game that repeats itself apart from the 2 CBs rolling the ball between each other 

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

I just don't even see a pattern of play when we have the ball at all , it's so weird, like what do we work on!

Gerrard had his wee triangles with Kent Kamara Aribo etc.. and with Jack covering Tav to fly front etc.

Warburton just passed passed n passed.

With Clement I don't see anything in a game that repeats itself apart from the 2 CBs rolling the ball between each other 

We go out the right hand side, eventually knock a ball into the box to nobody and then fumble around for 10 minutes before doing the same thing again. Sometimes we try the left hand side to really confuse teams