Is Clement getting an easy ride?

I'd rather we went with Sterling in the midfield beside diomande. We need an athlete in there that is going to do the hard yards and win the ball back. 

I actually like Cole Mckinnon and when he came on a couple of times to fill in at RB looked like he could fill a void. That way it would allow Sterling to play CDM, otherwise i think we are just too weak in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'd rather we went with Sterling in the midfield beside diomande. We need an athlete in there that is going to do the hard yards and win the ball back. 

I actually like Cole Mckinnon and when he came on a couple of times to fill in at RB looked like he could fill a void. That way it would allow Sterling to play CDM, otherwise i think we are just too weak in the middle. 

Sterling and Barron in the middle with Diamonde slightly ahead would be more dynamic than Barron and Diamonde with Lawrence ahead. Right back then becomes a problem. Not sure McKinnon Devine or King are the answer.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sterling and Barron in the middle with Diamonde slightly ahead would be more dynamic than Barron and Diamonde with Lawrence ahead. Right back then becomes a problem. Not sure McKinnon Devine or King are the answer.

:tu:

What makes everyone think that Sterling can play well in every single outfield position ?

According to Wikipedia, he plays RB for Rangers, so that's a lie. Don't recall him playing 90min that much at all so far from proven yet.

Yes he's decent, and always gets a 10 from me for effort, but he's maybe the best of a bad bunch?

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah, i just think we could carry someone filling in at RB whereas we can't carry anyone in the middle. That is until we get funds that we could get a RB. 

Ben Davies is a big problem too.

He isn’t good enough to start beside whoever comes in, but if his reported £27,000 a week wage is true, then we are going to have to try and utilise him.

Goldson leaving frees up wages to go and get a first choice centre back, but we still need one to play beside him.

Souttar is a third choice at best, Balogun is fourth choice, Nsiala is a project and King will probably leave on loan.

Would anybody here trust a defensive pairing of whoever comes in to replace Goldson playing alongside Davies, Balogun or Souttar until January and then maybe look at it again then, because to me that’s a massive risk, but it’s maybe what we will have to do.

5 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

What makes everyone think that Sterling can play well in every single outfield position ?

According to Wikipedia, he plays RB for Rangers, so that's a lie. Don't recall him playing 90min that much at all so far from proven yet.

Yes he's decent, and always gets a 10 from me for effort, but he's maybe the best of a bad bunch?

Any time he's played in the centre he's been by far our best player and his best performances have come from there that's why. It's not like we are asking him to play in goals. 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He isn’t good enough to start beside whoever comes in, but if his reported £27,000 a week wage is true, then we are going to have to try and utilise him.

Goldson leaving frees up wages to go and get a first choice centre back, but we still need one to play beside him.

Souttar is a third choice at best, Balogun is fourth choice, Nsiala is a project and King will probably leave on loan.

Would anybody here trust a defensive pairing of whoever comes in to replace Goldson playing alongside Davies, Balogun or Souttar until January and then maybe look at it again then, because to me that’s a massive risk, but it’s maybe what we will have to do.

I'd have Souttar and Balogun ahead of Davies. He's never going to play his way in to a move.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

New centre back plus Balogun should be first choice for me until we can get another in. 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yep. 

I can’t stand him. Literally everything about him pisses me off now when I see him in our team 

He’s absolutely garbage mate, every time the ball goes near him a move breaks down, mental we still having people defending him. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

He’s absolutely garbage mate, every time the ball goes near him a move breaks down, mental we still having people defending him. 

He either smiles when he makes a cunt of a decent chance or holds his arms out and moans that someone else is to blame. Can’t be dealing with that for another season.

End of last season when we had no other option due to injuries you just had to accept it is what it is. Danilo isn’t injured now though and we spent money on a project that isn’t near ready to start apparently. Both of those things give me the fear that we aren’t going to try replace him and he’s staying our number 9

I hope Clement sees sense, because Dessers is going to be a major factor in his potential downfall 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

He either smiles when he makes a cunt of a decent chance or holds his arms out and moans that someone else is to blame. Can’t be dealing with that for another season.

End of last season when we had no other option due to injuries you just had to accept it is what it is. Danilo isn’t injured now though and we spent money on a project that isn’t near ready to start apparently. Both of those things give me the fear that we aren’t going to try replace him and he’s staying our number 9

I hope Clement sees sense, because Dessers is going to be a major factor in his potential downfall 

Pretty sure we're trying to move him on, just Danilo can't be starting games straight away after his bad injury though.

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Would’ve made far more sense to sign Shankland than Igamame, if moneys tight and we aren’t signing a marquee striker I’d far rather Shankland than a project 

43 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Huge issue, the fee and salary paid out for him has been one of the bigger fuck ups.

As it looks like Goldson is away, the CB position has to be addressed ASAP.

Under PC Balogun has probably looked the most reliable which in itself is a disgrace.

Souttar is 3rd choice at his best.

As the squad turnover hopefully progresses I get the point of a project but if Nsiala can’t displace what we have at the club within a few months then I hope he’s not a big wage as we have another salary not contributing.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

One positive sign was that he looked reasonably comfortable 1 v 1 vs Sancho.

Think it’s likely he’s going to win his individual battle for us every week domestically at right back.

Going forward though he has zero quality in terms of passing, crossing or shooting and that doesn’t change whether he’s at right back, midfield or right wing.

8 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

One positive sign was that he looked reasonably comfortable 1 v 1 vs Sancho.

Think it’s likely he’s going to win his individual battle for us every week domestically at right back.

Going forward though he has zero quality in terms of passing, crossing or shooting and that doesn’t change whether he’s at right back, midfield or right wing.

If Sterling is our first choice RB our system needs to change because of what you say. He is defensive minded and won’t provide the attack from the right.  
I hope we’re working on a plan 😂

37 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Once Danilo has a run of games people will be begging for Dessers to come back.

He's poor in a different way to Cyriel.

Both looked like erratic finishers but at least Danilo looked like he had a bit of pace and movement about him. 

20 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Both looked like erratic finishers but at least Danilo looked like he had a bit of pace and movement about him. 

Dessers movement is actually pretty good.

He’s obviously not quick but he does get himself into really good positions and can be quite clever with it.