Is Clement getting an easy ride?

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

So you think we could get a manager within our budget to win the league with this group pf players?

I wouldn't be allowing them to fail and for it to be acceptable as it's only the Board to be blamed.

And as it is I'm not expecting Clement nor any replacement to win the league, but I do have to see continous improvement to give the confidence that they can do soon. That's lacking in what's on display with Clements team and the shape, style, formations,team selections, motivation etc is on him not the Board.

No Rangers manager should be getting away with losses to Ross County, Killie, Motherwell, the sheep without their position being questioned.

9 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Sack Clement, and still be left with the same utter squad of pish, to get another manager in, to end up sacking them too?

The board are getting an easy ride. They caused this shitshow, they've overseen the standards plummeting year on year, spending our money elsewhere, employing staff that hand out ridiculous deals to players and are unable to move them on.

It's awful, and people are just continuing with the norm of thinking it's all fine barring a manager or some changes to the squad.

Rangers might not have to sack Clement. He might walk, the way the board are behaving.  the team is fucking garbage. 

I think its 50/50 on clement just now . 

He needs backing so hopefully we will see some outgoings in the coming weeks that allow us to do that. 

However he should be able to work with the group he has to either have them fit into his ideal style of play or if he doesnt feel he has that then he needs to find a way to play to our strengths. Thats what a coach/manager should do and i dont think we're seeing that. 

Im not reading too much into our pre-season as its mostly about fitness but the players dont look like they have a clue. Needs sorted asap for hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

If the board cannot fund Rangers to the level we all expect, at least to be in the fucking picture, with a decent squad at minimum ffs.

Then what are we doing?

With how FFP is there isn't a board who could fund us to the level we all expect. It's why things like NEH and the stadium upgrade are happening as it helps you have more flexibility with regards to It.

A bit of creative accounting as they say 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ll start off with prefacing this post by saying I like him, I think he’s a real leader / winner, and that I think he should be better supported with funds to strengthen - but…

This team appears worse than what Beale left him, and could potentially be worse than some of our pre-Gerrard failures.

Our style of play is basically lump it up to the wide players, which is ok (if you’re into that) when it’s Sima but when it’s McCausland / Wright / Matondo it just doesn’t work.

I don’t really see any individuals or us collectively getting any better. It’s a worry tbh.

Selection choices are bizarre - persisted with Lammers for ages, Lawrence now. Cup final and last couple of OFs were littered with bad choices.

We absolutely collapsed last season, which while not unexpected, was as bad as we’ve seen in years and he was unable to stop the slide. 

We have signed two players Nsiala and Igamane who apparently aren’t anywhere near being able to play when resources are so limited. 

Board correctly takes heat for it, but starting to think PC has to be doing more / better as well or we’re in real trouble. 

My biggest worry is we end up with Pedro Caixinha standard of players and we are back where we started.

I can't see Clement allowing that tbh but just hope we bring in some new faces the lack of transfers in key areas is concerning

At the moment, I have no idea what the team selection will be for the first competitive game.   The friendlies so far have been a jumble of players simply to get a run out.   It's impossible to tell how we will perform this season after the friendlies so far.

I would expect the game against Union Berlin to be his first choice starting eleven.    That should let us see more clearly what we can expect.

Just now, BlueVanguard said:

My biggest worry is we end up with Pedro Caixinha standard of players and we are back where we started.

I can't see Clement allowing that tbh but just hope we bring in some new faces the lack of transfers in key areas is concerning

We're already there.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ll start off with prefacing this post by saying I like him, I think he’s a real leader / winner, and that I think he should be better supported with funds to strengthen - but…

This team appears worse than what Beale left him, and could potentially be worse than some of our pre-Gerrard failures.

Our style of play is basically lump it up to the wide players, which is ok (if you’re into that) when it’s Sima but when it’s McCausland / Wright / Matondo it just doesn’t work.

I don’t really see any individuals or us collectively getting any better. It’s a worry tbh.

Selection choices are bizarre - persisted with Lammers for ages, Lawrence now. Cup final and last couple of OFs were littered with bad choices.

We absolutely collapsed last season, which while not unexpected, was as bad as we’ve seen in years and he was unable to stop the slide. 

We have signed two players Nsiala and Igamane who apparently aren’t anywhere near being able to play when resources are so limited. 

Board correctly takes heat for it, but starting to think PC has to be doing more / better as well or we’re in real trouble. 

He can only deal with the cards he has been dealt with tbh, the board have lied to him if the rumours are true, 

I wouldn't be surprised if he chucks it,

We seen it with Gerrard, he mentioned fix the roof when the sun is out and got nothing, Gio got us Champions League football and was giving no money aswell, 

But the guy is a winner and he has won leagues before.

He just needs backed by this board

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

isnt that what we've got?

Wouldn't say it's that bad yet. We still have to see what we are dealing with and the ins and outs. Come the transfer window shutting though and the new boys are not up to it and we still have Wright and Dessers and Matondo, Davies I will be pressing the panic button

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

Can't say for sure still have to see the new signings play more games. Jefte looked good against Ajax but Amad had him on toast yesterday. 

If we're doing a joint 11 from the current lot and the 17/18 squad then I've got at least 6 from then getting in it

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think we should look as bad as we do even with these players. Squads shite but it’s still comfortably better than the rest of the league outwidth celtic 

I can see us dropping points to Hearts in the opening game but I don’t think it’s acceptable 

Nah, that squad is still good enough to beat Hearts imo

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

If we're doing a joint 11 from the current lot and the 17/18 squad then I've got at least 6 from then getting in it

Suppose we need to wait and see mate. If Tav does go then the money could potentially be spend on areas we need the players. Hoping we sign some players who hate losing and are mentality monsters. Lots of great players out there and hoping some of the young boys take whatever opportunity is given to them.