Is Clement getting an easy ride?

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The atmosphere was absolutely pish as well.

Just a run of the mill game for them. 

We're a run of the mill side and they know it. Other scottish teams give them a harder game.

They toy with us, we're a wee plaything to laugh at as they swat us aside.

11 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I keep reading this but how so? He has spent the same amount as Beale did last summer and supposedly Beale spent a fortune. There are no hands tied and I don't believe the board made false promises either because realistically he couldn't have been given much more. We've almost certainly spent a fair bit more money this summer than we actually have. 

Could argue that we were already a mess when beale made it worse, so spending the same as beale isnt going to cut it

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're a run of the mill side and they know it. Other scottish teams give them a harder game.

They toy with us, we're a wee plaything to laugh at as they swat us aside.

There will be plenty among them disappointed with that score line.

An absolute caning is in the post if something doesn’t change.  

I hate saying this but for me it’s the management team again. They have several in that squad who are average but they are well drilled and hungry. We look anything but. If Taylor is at Ibrox he prob wouldn’t start as an example, we get the worst out of individuals and don’t learn as a collective, they get the best  …. It’s fucking sickening. 

6 hours ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

I think the support would be more willing to give some leeway if we could see even some improvements in performances - in his very first OF, having just came back from playing in Russia with 9 men midweek, Gerrard narrowly lost 1-0 at Celtic Park due to a goal where there was a foul in the buildup. We then beat them at Ibrox in the very next OF.

The trouble is that Clement has had five OF games now, and we’ve only properly shown up in one, which we lost anyway (cup final). That’s not even mentioning that we’ve went 2-0 down in almost all of them. No matter the personnel, we should at least start being somewhat competitive in these games at this point. It’s pretty telling that the likes of Kilmarnock and Hearts have given them far more difficult games than we have in recent times, and their squads are nowhere near as talented as ours.

The defeat at Parkhead after Russia wasn’t really narrow.

We got hammered that day. If it was Jak Alnwick or Foderingham in goal it could have been about 4/5 nil. McGregor kept the score down massively.

Gerrard did learn from that game though.

I have some questions about this team’s mentality. We started off well yesterday playing them exactly how we should play them. But we make one mistake, got sliced open and they score a goal that gets chopped off for offside but it ruins us completely. We were never the same after that. And like most games at Parkhead our confidence finally recovers in the last 10/15 mins when it’s all over.

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We got hammered that day. If it was Jak Alnwick or Foderingham in goal it could have been about 4/5 nil. McGregor kept the score down massively.

I have some questions about this team’s mentality. We started off well yesterday playing them exactly how we should play them. But we make one mistake, got sliced open and they score a goal that gets chopped off for offside but it ruins us completely. We were never the same after that. And like most games at Parkhead our confidence finally recovers in the last 10/15 mins when it’s all over.

Hit the bar 3/4 times as well iirc

2 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Like it or Not he’s here for season at least. As long as he gets 2nd, the board will keep him.

I defo think that is the right approach,  that way we will be able to make a more sensible decision by having a long period of time to judge him over. As unlikely as it seems , these players Igamane, Bajrami, Cortes, could all step up, add a couple more in January, then see where we are at the end of season, by that point if Tav is benched etc..

Then Clement could be the man for the job, if it's still looking as it is the now then we also know he isn't.

Would be better playing a 5-4-1  against them to stifle them.I think Clement will be under no illusions of the shit hitting the fan but he really needs to bring SPL players who will graft for 90mins and know the league rather than these imports who struggle with the pace and physicality of the league.

He will now be really feeling the pressure,needs to ditch a few of his backroom team 

I do think leagues across Europe qualifying for marquee Euro comps now by not winning the leagues has festered an acceptance within players and coaches that it’s ok not to win a league, you will still be rewarded. Maybe we all need to change and we’re the issue :pipe:

All joking aside, I think most of us would “accept” this season if there were clear signs of progress, but there aren't. I don’t think any of us know what style we’re supposed to be adopting, structure of the team, tactics, how to make us more solid, how to just rip the rest of the league apart. We don’t play with any tempo, no quick pass and move into space, we don’t regularly cut teams apart, can't press a game for more than 10mins, etc. We are eye bleeding to watch, bar one fluke of a result against the mighty Ross Cty. 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

He genuinely sounds like a crack pot with the nonsense he’s spouting 

Thought we had to give him time and it’s an impossible job for anyone but Clement is embarrassing us and himself even more 

Not sacking him because we don't want to sack another manager isn't a good enough reason to keep him. People don't like hearing it but he's actually done much worse than beale.

14 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I said that. They were all sitting down. It was more like a celtic Aberdeen game

At 2-0 up to them celtic Park would normally be bouncing but was flat - they know it’s a formality as much as we do. 
I’ve said it so many times - we are just another team - we could have been Hearts or Aberdeen there yesterday 

Aberdeen would actually give them a better game 

It's funny isn't it how he can play the hard man with Hagi, Cantwell etc but still can't see that Tav isn't a captain and actually needs dropping from the team. His obsession with players like Wright and Lawrence when the whole world can see they're not good enough. His rambling on about writing some kind of story. 

Im starting to think the guys off his rocker. 

44 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

The gap between us and 3rd is bigger than the gap between us and them. 

All this he might not finish second is nonsense and makes second then sound like an achievement, it isn’t.

Not this season so far it's not in the league.

Be amazed if we get close to our points tally of last season (85) or if the scum drop as many points as they did last season (21).

I wouldn't be surprised if the sheep get more points than Hearts did last season (68) finishing closer to us.

Can't really use last season as a barometer given the changes at us, them and the sheep in particular. I still think we'll finish second but we'll almost certainly move far closer to 3rd and away from celtic in points difference (8). We may well end up closer to 3rd than 1st, it's not a nonsense to suggest that could well happen.

2nd is no achievement for us or the scum, not sure who says it would be for us tbh.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We dont know how to react when we go a goal down (even if it is ruled out) we retreat into a shell

It might change if this group stays together who knows, and i dont care what others say, when you see your captain retreating into a shell compared to the opposition captain who strolls about like he owns the fucking place, it will have an affect on the team

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Be amazed if we get close to our points tally of last season (85) or if the scum drop as many points as they did last season (21).

I wouldn't be surprised if the sheep get more points than Hearts did last season (68) finishing closer to us.

Can't really use last season as a barometer given the changes at us, them and the sheep in particular. I still think we'll finish second but we'll almost certainly move far closer to 3rd and away from celtic in points difference (8). We may well end up closer to 3rd than 1st, it's not a nonsense to suggest that could well happen.

2nd is no achievement for us or the scum, not sure who says it would be for us tbh.

The most points Aberdeen have ever finished on in the last 40 or so years was 75 under McIness. 

Hats off to them if they finish 27 points better off than last season and match that points tally, but they would need us to drop 37 points throughout the season to even make it interesting. 

As terrible as this sounds, I was willing to accept a transition season given how much of a mess Beale left us in. But his decision making is now making me lose confidence. Persisting with Tav at right back against them and keeping him as captain was a huge mistake. And we need far more from expensive players like dIomande, or experienced types like Propper. And same tactics against them isn't working. All of this rests with the manager.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The most points Aberdeen have ever finished on in the last 40 or so years was 75 under McIness. 

Hats off to them if they finish 27 points better off than last season and match that points tally, but they would need us to drop 37 points throughout the season to even make it interesting. 

I'm not saying we'll finish 3rd, I'm saying it's entirely possible we'll end up closer to 3rd than to celtic.

Last season points tally was 

Scum 93, us 85, Hearts 68,..... sheep 48.

The sheep already have a 1/4 of last seasons points after 4 games with a decent new manager in place and Nisbet in for Miovski. They'll finish up or near Hearts tally of last season imo.

I'm not convinced we'll hit our points tally of last season, are you (?), and I think the scum will race to the 100 point mark again unless we take a chunk of points off them.

Us being closer to 3rd than 1st isn't far fetched it's entirely possible.

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Only twice in the last 20 years has the team in third had more points than Hearts did last season, and both times it was us. I expect Aberdeen to finish 3rd but it won't be competing for 2nd.

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Only twice in the last 20 years has the team in third had more points than Hearts did last season, and both times it was us. I expect Aberdeen to finish 3rd but it won't be competing for 2nd.

I'm not suggesting they'll compete for 2nd.